First grow using Iced Grapefruit seeds

catsmeow

My first grow ended tragically. started off with 6 good bag seeds, grew beautifully. After 5 weeks in vegetative stage I went to 12-12 with my lighting and after 8 days the sex was apparent I have 5 large strong males and one smaller female. I uprooted my males and continued to care for the single female. After a week I noticed several bugs on my soil so I treated it with care free seven power, it worked all my insect friends were destroyed, or so I thought. After 4 or 5 days I noticed the leafs were getting weird spots so I inspected and found a mess of spider mites. Due to my girl flowering I didn't want to use chemicals so I tried neem oil. I apparently screwed up, within 48 hours of using the neem oil she dried out. I have been trying to save her, but feel she is a loss.
This would be my second grow, failed horribly with my first. I ordered feminized Iced Grapefruit due to its reputation of helping with the effects of mental illness and depression. I only germinated 2 seeds and planted early morning Thursday. I am using cfl and one store bought grow light for warmth. My room has maintained temperatures between 75-81 degrees but has a low humidity of only 40%. I will be purchasing a warm mist vaporizer this weekend. I used a organic soil, bat guano, and Diatomaceous earth mixture, I am not sure but may have been a bad idea. If anyone has any helpful tips on getting through this grow successfully it would be extremely helpful..:thanks::peace:

Hi Catsmeow :welcome:

I'm sorry to hear you had a failed first grow, I am so keeping my fingers crossed that nothing like that happens to me!

Why don't you start a journal? It's been absolutely vital for me to get my grow working properly, well it is so far anyway :) I found its the best way for others to be able to help as you have everything in one place. Plus you get to meet some great folks and have fun at the same time. I didn't think it would be for me but I was sooooooo wrong :blushsmile:

Good luck and I do hope that this one goes better...come find me if you start that journal ;)

I have started a journal, just not to sure where it posted, This site is still new to me and I haven't quite figured it out yet. So far you are the first to respond to anything I have posted, I actually thought this site may be a was of my time.
I am struggling to keep my little sprouts alive. I have been having heat and humidity problems, so i transferred them into little pods and put them in a small grow dome while working on the issues i am having in my grow room.

I have started a journal, just not to sure where it posted, This site is still new to me and I haven't quite figured it out yet. So far you are the first to respond to anything I have posted, I actually thought this site may be a was of my time.
I am struggling to keep my little sprouts alive. I have been having heat and humidity problems, so i transferred them into little pods and put them in a small grow dome while working on the issues i am having in my grow room.

Take a look at the link in my signature and pop yourself a link to your journal in your own signature. It will make it easier for everyone to come along and join in with you :)

...Theres also a spray I would suggest its called "Lady Bug Spray" check it out.
perchance are you referring to "Liquid Ladybug"? Lady bug spray sounds like your trying to kill ladybugs?! i just bought a gallon of Liquid Ladybug concentrate-- good GAWD!!!... i thought the cashier entered a typo in the register when checking out-- definitely not to be sprayed willy-nilly all over the place, THAT wouldn't be cost efficient AT ALL.

@ catsmeow-- don't know if yer having soil issues as well, but heres a pic of what i use for my seedlings-- take note on the NPK ratio on the potting soil, as seedlings don't need much to get off n running... Aloha!
seedling_soil.jpg

perchance are you referring to "Liquid Ladybug"? Lady bug spray sounds like your trying to kill ladybugs?! i just bought a gallon of Liquid Ladybug concentrate-- good GAWD!!!... i thought the cashier entered a typo in the register when checking out-- definitely not to be sprayed willy-nilly all over the place, THAT wouldn't be cost efficient AT ALL.

I stand corrected on the name of the spray. I never checked the price on it. The guy said only if you have a serious pest problem should you buy it. I dont have a pest problem so I never asked the price. Seems worth it though if you want to save your crop.

yeah man, they got me on that price... 1st sign o' spider mites (very light infestation) n I was out the door to the local hydro store-- could have sourced it better... would have taken longer to start treatment tho-- but atm it wasn't a time 2 waste... Treatment is a week long: spray 2 days in a row, wait 5days & spray a final time...
YMMV-- but i didn't follow the label-- sprayed once n I'm watchin'... CLOSELY, w/ my fingers crossed...

Thanks WizHigh, Right now my sprouts are about 9 days old now and so far no pest. I have been working hard on trying to keep my temperature and humidity right.

Hi Catsmeow :welcome:

I'm sorry to hear you had a failed first grow, I am so keeping my fingers crossed that nothing like that happens to me!

Dosent everyone have a failed first grow lol?

Or all ya'll mother fuckers Tiger woods and get hole in ones on your first swing?

Lol you think thats bad I was clinically dead for 20 minutes after I went to the grow store and saw a gallon of the SNS spidermite spray concentrate's pricetag.

Back
Top Bottom