First grow - What is this?

Indigoism

Hey guys!

I just spent the last 20 mins inspecting my autoflower plant, shes 2-3 weeks into flower and is going great, BUT! I have a problem on my hands right now, I have noticed little orange spots on some leaves in the past and what I believe to be fungus gnats since she was planted and today I noticed a leaf that has some pretty big damage (to me anyway) you can see right through it when you look from the underside, here is a picture;

420-magazine-mobile512355306.jpg

I had a look under the leaf and next to it was a little fly type thing sitting there, then I noticed more on different leaves and then more! I think they are fungus gnats not sure though, I managed to get this picture of one of the fuckers

420-magazine-mobile90427454.jpg

Does anyone know if these are the things causing the damage on the leaves and have any ideas on what I should do? This is really frustrating me :/ thanks

First grow, what is this?!

And now I just found some little white things that flew away as soon as I touched the leaf and more of those flies!! Wtf?

Will neemoil get rid of these? i have made it this far I can let some little flying things ruin everything :/

Sorry for my grammar etc, I am really frustrated/worried right now.

First grow, what is this?!

This keeps getting better... Now I found this thing (sorry for the quality)

420-magazine-mobile566495471.jpg

Edit: I just gave her a light spray of neem oil and saw a few of them that I missed fly off (hopefully that gets rid of them)

Sorry for being so panicked, so what were these? Are they fungus gnats? Do I need to do so something with my soil?

And now I just found some little white things that flew away as soon as I touched the leaf and more of those flies!! Wtf?

Will neemoil get rid of these? i have made it this far I can let some little flying things ruin everything :/

Sorry for my grammar etc, I am really frustrated/worried right now.

Yes. I would try a misting with neem oil. Here is a link on how to use it. How Do I Use Neem Oil Without Getting My Plants All Oily? :peace:

You can put a layer of sand, perlite or hydroton on top of your soil. They lay eggs in there so if you can keep them from it you will disrupt the reproduction cycle. A light breeze will help too as it keeps the soil dryer and makes it harder for them to find a comfy place to land. I think diatomaceous earth will take care of the larvae.
Neem oil, sticky traps...
Hit them with a combination of any of these and they should die off.

Thanks for all the info guys, I really appreciate it! I will deffs be trying some new things in the future.

It seems to have settled down now, not sure if its due to the heat we've been having or not but she will make it through to harvest :)

Back
Top Bottom