Damage to plant, not sure what it is

bones88

Can someone please help. I've noticed some whitish brown spots on the leaves and am not sure what they could be from. Could it be mold or damage from bugs? I have seen fungus gnats for a couple days now and I sprayed the plant with a little dishsoap and water. I'm very new to this and don't know what I've done to my baby.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

IMG_030119.JPG

IMG_030015.JPG

IMG_029919.JPG

IMG_029719.JPG

It could be bugs or it could be from water drops when lights are on burning the plants. I try to do all my feeds and watering just before lights out to prevent the water magnifying the light and causing burns. Check the undersides of the leaves with a loupe or scope for red little spiders aka spider mites or any other pest. If none of these are the issue post some close ups of individual leaves and we will try to help from there.

Mold on a living plant's leaves can usually be wiped away satisfactorily with a damp paper towel. Supporting the underside of each leaf with your free hand, wipe the tops with the wet towel. This should remove the entire visible mold. Do not attempt this with a dry towel, as this will stir the mold spores into the air and worsen the problem. mold Florida

looks like water burn to me as tactical said.

whenever you apply a liquid to the plant, the droplets act as tiny magnifying glasses to focus the light and heat and causes hotspots.

if you need to spray during lights on time, reduce the power or increase the range of the light from the plant.

myself i normally turn off the main lights if using hps or similar and swiths to a selection of low powered bulbs until the plant is dry to spread the heat more evenly e.t.c

Back
Top Bottom