First Hydro grow

tilcer

Hey all so I am starting my first Hydro grow and my question is, will it be ok to leave the seedlings in the rock wool ro should I take them out once they have gotten some growth to them? only using rock woll cause it is what came with everything. I've lurked around this site looking for answes but havent really seem to find a good one.

Once the seedlings have started to grow roots, they'll attach themselves to the rockwool. You'll do a lot of damage to the roots if you try to remove it.

When I start new seeds, I use the "paper towel" method to get them to germinate. Once they've cracked the shell, I transplant them in small rockwool cubes. When they've established themselves and roots are showing through the rockwool, then I transplant them, cube and all, into new medium (hydroton, coco, soil, etc) for a few weeks of Grow before moving them into Bloom.

Good luck!

so once the seeds have cracked and I put them in the rock wool I start the veg light cycle correct? no need to keep the seeds in the dark at this point I am thinking.

so once the seeds have cracked and I put them in the rock wool I start the veg light cycle correct? no need to keep the seeds in the dark at this point I am thinking.

I wouldn't put them under a 1000W HID right away, but I do put them under the T5 to get them going as soon as they sprout.

lol yea the hid probably wouldnt be a good idea. I actually only use 4 bulb t5 unit for my growing. seems to work well for me have had really good results with them so far.

It sounds like you're on your way! That first grow can be a HUGE learning experience, so don't get discouraged if things don't go according to plan. My first grow was miserable, but not a complete loss. It is said that Edison had 10,000 failures before he was finally able to get the light bulb to work. However, his viewpoint was that he SUCCESSFULLY discovered 10,000 things that did not work! I have successfully discovered many ways to kill/hermie a plant! Now I just have to avoid them!

Good luck!

Ok little update here. I lost one of them but got 6 more sprouting. The 2 that survived are doing rather well.
DSCN31291.JPG
:thumb:
DSCN3130.JPG

Hey thought I would update this a bit since it has been awhile. they are doing well (sorry no new pics) been waitng for them to show there sex now for a couple weeks. They got put probably a week behind due to moving and the nighttime temp for them has been pretty cold unfortunatly. pretty sure the 2 that remain are females doesn't really look like the start of males. will get some pics up soon!

Back
Top Bottom