First Indoor Grow

Balthazar420

Hey everyone!

I'm just here looking to learn more, and hopefully get some advice on how I'm growing.

I am growing indoor and using soil for the first time, and I am also using well water.

Going to be growing in a 4x4x6, with two 315w lights. I am hoping to grow 4-6 autoflowering White Widow plants in this set up.

I currently have several Blue Dream plants going on about 35 days old now. They're planted in large pots with Fox Farms Ocean Forest potting soil. The Blue Dream plants are mainly getting light from windows. I try to put them outside for a couple hours in the morning daily, where I live it gets too hot for them to be out much longer than a couple hours. I do feel they are low in nitrogen because of some spots on the lower leaves, and I feel the leaves should be a little darker in color. I just purchased the General Hydroponics Nutrients (FloraGro, FloraBloom, FloraMicro Hardwater) and I'm not quite sure how much or how often to add the nutrients in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you

Holy shit, you really are a new member.....1 whole post!
Hey my friend, let me just say that it's awesome to have you here and that we all started somewhere. You've found an amazing resource!

We cannot view your photos. You have to upload your photos into the gallery first before you can post them. I will find you a link......

It will make things a lot easier to diagnose and to take a look at your plants once your photos are uploaded but everything sounds like it is cruising along nicely. One thing I did notice with the fox farm ocean forest soil is that when it comes to the end of the grow depending on your pot size there may not be enough nutrients and their to support at the end. Some people also complain about fungus gnats in Ocean forest soil, personally I believe that is a myth and the fungus gnats in those situations have come from overwatering.

Have fun.....Ill find that link for you now!

No problem viewing your photos this time, they're looking better but still have a little bit of sag around the outside edges. That could also be overheating but if they are improving once you given them a little less water than you're probably on the right track. If your plants are predominantly outside, those little brown spots could be pest just swinging by for a nipple. Doesn't look like you have any sort of issues to worry about now..... Looking good!

I just started some Blue Dream in my veg tent as well. Not quite as old as yours though.

Swing by sometime, I love new company, don't let the 120+ pages freak you out lol. Lotsa time, lots strains harvested in my sanctuary lol.

Welcome to the group!!
One of the hardest things to do as a grower is to cut back on the water, we all just want to love our plants to much!! Lmao let them dry out a bit it wo t hurt them plus makes those roots drive down deeper looking for water giving you a stronger base to hold the plant up
I couldn't agree more.

Guys, i cant thank you all enough for taking the time to respond, I really appreciate the help.

Have some more questions if you all can help.

Does the site have a private messenger?

Also i have a 4x4 tent is my 315 watt cmh light enough for the tent? i was considering getting a GROWant 800 watt led. What Lighting do you recommend to get the most out of my plants in a 4x4x7 tent

Can i grow different autoflower strains at the same time in my tent? hoping to grow a gorilla glue, six shooter, and white widow.

Also my Blue dream has grown a lot pics below. Should i be pruning the plant or train it? Also would i benefit from topping the plant I ask because some of the lower leaves seem to be losing their color and wondering if its due to lack of light.

Also, do i Need to stop giving the plants nutrients a few weeks before harvesting?

That Blue Dream is mostly a sativa strain and it will grow tall so either do some lst now before it gets out of control or it will take over your grow area.
Don't be afraid to carefully bend those branches and tie that bitch down.
Also,you can trim off some of those leaves that are not bud sites.
As far as answering your other questions YES to all.
Cut off those yellowing leaves.
when they yellow like that it just means your plant has used up all the food in those leaves and they will just die off.
If you're going to grow more plants in there then you will need better lights.
I grow with with LED's and get good yields.
The brown part on the leaves is most likely splash from your nutrients,nothing to be concerned about.
You can grow whatever you want along side other strains,just make sure you have the room,ventilation and lights to do so.

That Blue Dream is mostly a sativa strain and it will grow tall so either do some lst now before it gets out of control or it will take over your grow area.
Don't be afraid to carefully bend those branches and tie that bitch down.
Also,you can trim off some of those leaves that are not bud sites.
As far as answering your other questions YES to all.
Cut off those yellowing leaves.
when they yellow like that it just means your plant has used up all the food in those leaves and they will just die off.
If you're going to grow more plants in there then you will need better lights.
I grow with with LED's and get good yields.
The brown part on the leaves is most likely splash from your nutrients,nothing to be concerned about.
You can grow whatever you want along side other strains,just make sure you have the room,ventilation and lights to do so.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. what leds do you use?

Yup @natureman got the good info
In general more light the better but it's what your budget can afford do live outside your means. That plants looking good by the way, maybe super crop it bend her over almost in half

Thanks, I'm gonna research bending the plant like you're talking about.

I was considering adding another 315 cmh, I am worried about the heat. I've got a carbon filter and extraction fan. Also put and ac unit in the room with the tent as well. Would i Benefit from running 2 leds on either side of my 315 cmh bulb? If so how many watts would the led need to be.

Honestly i would prefer not to spend an arm and a leg, but i will save if i need to. i want good reliable equipment. Just trying to avoid getting the wrong equipment, or overpaying for something i dont need.

Also how soon can i move my seedlings under the artificial light?
Appreciate the feedback

I was considering adding another 315 cmh, I am worried about the heat. I've got a carbon filter and extraction fan. Also put and ac unit in the room with the tent as well. Would i Benefit from running 2 leds on either side of my 315 cmh bulb? If so how many watts would the led need to be.

Honestly i would prefer not to spend an arm and a leg, but i will save if i need to. i want good reliable equipment. Just trying to avoid getting the wrong equipment, or overpaying for something i dont need.

Appreciate the feedback
You can move your seedlings under the lights as soon as they break the surface.

Appreciate the feedback
Okay I use a single 300w led cheap light off amazon, and it's good for 2 foot x 2 foot area. Now after my summer vaction I am going to be adding another one to my grow. I get away with this because I grow auto flowering plants and I start low stress train them when they are very small to keep them in the 2x2 light foot print maximizing light to all bud sites.
Now when I order my second light I am planning on hanging them opposite each other on angles facing inwards on the plant so the overlap and cover more foliage (does this make sense to you?)
Then all I have to do is rotate my plant everyday to make sure everywhere gets light at the same amounts
As for seedlings I put mine under my led right from the start.
Message me and I can send you a link to my light if you want

Okay I use a single 300w led cheap light off amazon, and it's good for 2 foot x 2 foot area. Now after my summer vaction I am going to be adding another one to my grow. I get away with this because I grow auto flowering plants and I start low stress train them when they are very small to keep them in the 2x2 light foot print maximizing light to all bud sites.
Now when I order my second light I am planning on hanging them opposite each other on angles facing inwards on the plant so the overlap and cover more foliage (does this make sense to you?)
Then all I have to do is rotate my plant everyday to make sure everywhere gets light at the same amounts
As for seedlings I put mine under my led right from the start.
Message me and I can send you a link to my light if you want

Thanks, yest that make sense what you're planning with the two lights.

I am working on getting my messenger working on the site i dont know why i cant access. Ill message you about your light once I have it fixed.

i did talk with the local hydroponics store. They have several used 4' T5 led light fixtures i can pickup for about $70 a piece.

thanks again for taking your time to help me out, greatly appreciate all the help.

Back
Top Bottom