First Legit Grow!

Thatwonguy420

Alright so this is my first "real" grow. I have 2 black cream seeds from sweet seeds. Theyre in an organic compost paired with the fox farms trio nutes and a 18/6 light schedule under a 300 watt bloomspect. The bigger one is 41 days old and the smaller one is just a week behind it. The big one has been in active flower for 2 weeks now and something I dont quite get is there are quite a few amber trichomes throughout the buds but theres no way shes ready is she? Any input Will be greatly appreciated and im going to post the pics I have accumulated through the grow and plan to keep updating. Stay up!

Attachments

• Snapchat-1023784155.jpg
    Snapchat-1023784155.jpg
    724.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Snapchat-1285280687.jpg
    Snapchat-1285280687.jpg
    584 KB · Views: 50
  • Snapchat-1992218231.jpg
    Snapchat-1992218231.jpg
    740.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Snapchat-1901495480.jpg
    Snapchat-1901495480.jpg
    844.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Snapchat-1017342825.jpg
    Snapchat-1017342825.jpg
    877.8 KB · Views: 48
  • Snapchat-1383469913.jpg
    Snapchat-1383469913.jpg
    833.2 KB · Views: 62
I'll try to get pics of the trichomes when I check on them later.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1640786774.jpg
    Snapchat-1640786774.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Snapchat-1306135339.jpg
    Snapchat-1306135339.jpg
    551.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Snapchat-1646481167.jpg
    Snapchat-1646481167.jpg
    573.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Snapchat-1025512940.jpg
    Snapchat-1025512940.jpg
    631.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Snapchat-417542867.jpg
    Snapchat-417542867.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 54
Alright so this is my first "real" grow. I have 2 black cream seeds from sweet seeds. Theyre in an organic compost paired with the fox farms trio nutes and a 18/6 light schedule under a 300 watt bloomspect. The bigger one is 41 days old and the smaller one is just a week behind it. The big one has been in active flower for 2 weeks now and something I dont quite get is there are quite a few amber trichomes throughout the buds but theres no way shes ready is she? Any input Will be greatly appreciated and im going to post the pics I have accumulated through the grow and plan to keep updating. Stay up!
If it were me, I would remove the tinfoil of my girls (I run HIDs...LEDs should be fine) but I'd put more soil "under" my girls to raise them up, but hey they look good and did you use a loupe to check your trichs?

I appreciate that and will do! As far as them being planted low that was my impatience at play because I didnt have enough soil yet decided to go for it. Next go around im thinking of using 3 gallon air pots which should be good for autos correct? And yea I used the loupe and theres a few amber but none of them seem to have the stalks and I havent been able to find much about that particular occurrence. The darker ones are all still clear so I'm not too worried about her. This round was more of a test I suppose as I kinda jumped into it before doing proper research.

Also should I defoliate the bigger one a bit or leave her be? I defiolated quite a bit at the beginning of flower but that was 2 weeks ago and looks like I never touched her.

Here are the trichomes this morning right before lights out. Anyone ever seen this? Theyre day 17 of flower I believe.

Attachments

• Snapchat-668245127.jpg
    Snapchat-668245127.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Snapchat-585147433.jpg
    Snapchat-585147433.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 46
3 gallon air pots would be a great upgrade in the future. Also throw in some extra perlite for drainage.

Obviously what you're doing is working. But both of those things will help even more.

What's your water source out of curiosity?

3 gallon air pots would be a great upgrade in the future. Also throw in some extra perlite for drainage.

Obviously what you're doing is working. But both of those things will help even more.

What's your water source out of curiosity?
I am using well water. It phs right at 7 out of the tap and after nutes drops to around 6.7. I have ph ajuster on the way so I can try to finish them off as best as i can after diving into something I poorly researched lol!

Yeah. Optimally you'll want to get that ph down lower. Low to mid 6s would be around perfect.

Get a cheap EC meter too. It's good to know what quality the water is coming out of the ground. While it could be beneficial to get it tested, knowing the EC should be enough to give you an idea .

Do you have a water softener? Does the water leave calcium or rust spots on things?

Yeah. Optimally you'll want to get that ph down lower. Low to mid 6s would be around perfect.

Get a cheap EC meter too. It's good to know what quality the water is coming out of the ground. While it could be beneficial to get it tested, knowing the EC should be enough to give you an idea .

Do you have a water softener? Does the water leave calcium or rust spots on things?
I do believe we have a softener. And calcium build up isnt terrible but the shower heads do need a good cleaning about once a year due to build up. I'll have to research a little more on ec and its play on growing cannabis. I appreciate your help a ton!

Avoid the softened water. Do you have a bypassed tap?

You would benefit from the extra calcium and magnesium in the unsoftened water vs replacing those elements with sodium.

Other than that good call on half strength. That looks about right when I look at the estimated EC chart.

You could probably run near full strength on the big bloom however. But that's up to you. It has a low npk value and is full of Bennies from what I see.

It would be beneficial to get that EC pen however to confirm your values.

Make sure you water until run off. 1 gallon into a 3 gallon pot should pretty much just saturate the soil with minimal run off. You'll eventually build up salts this way.

Other than the run off and trying to get away from the softened water I wouldn't change much for this go around

Okay by bypassed tap do you mean like a hose hookup from outside the home? If so yes. And if I can up the tiger bloom I will definitely do so! And youre correct the run off is not a very large amount when I water. I'll try a gallon and a half next watering which will be tomorrow and without nutes. I appreciate all of this good info. This grow was more about learning for me than anything and im doing alot of that!

Sometimes outside hoses are still plumbed to the softener. Rare. But iv seen it.

If you can follow the pipes from before your softener you should be able to see where they go. If it's one line only and it runs to the softener, or if it branches off and runs the softener and heads elsewhere as well

Awesome! I'll have to check on that when I get off of work.
Sometimes outside hoses are still plumbed to the softener. Rare. But iv seen it.

If you can follow the pipes from before your softener you should be able to see where they go. If it's one line only and it runs to the softener, or if it branches off and runs the softener and heads elsewhere as well

Heres an update guys and guess what?!? Somethings wrong! XD I'm not sure if its a deficiency, burn, or genetics, but some of the leafs on the big girl have turned a purpley coppery color. Any input guys? I cut the sides of the pot off to get better airflow. Other than that here are my girls at the end of day 17 of flower power! The solo cup one is going to be a very deep purple color so it ended up being a great pheno! The smell isnt very pungent yet in the skunky area but oh my the scent is very similar to a berry fruit rollup. Very sweet with slight hints of sour.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1096919760.jpg
    Snapchat-1096919760.jpg
    678 KB · Views: 48
  • Snapchat-1036215250.jpg
    Snapchat-1036215250.jpg
    595.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Snapchat-1687876313.jpg
    Snapchat-1687876313.jpg
    510.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Snapchat-636409837.jpg
    Snapchat-636409837.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Snapchat-1841987139.jpg
    Snapchat-1841987139.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 54
Looks a little bit heavy on the nitrogen and light on the phosphorus to me.

Also looks slightly overwatered but that might be a byproduct of the above.

If you're on par with the ratios foxfarms recommends. You might want to find a way to drop your ph down a bit on your next watering. Phosphorus doesnt absorb well in the higher ph range

If you're on par with the ratios foxfarms recommends. You might want to find a way to drop your ph down a bit on your next watering. Phosphorus doesnt absorb well in the higher ph range
Heres a picture of the npk ratios of the nutes to make this easier. Kind of a note for myself on here. Ive been going half on everything Which at this stage fox farms recommends 3 tsp big bloom and 2 tsp of the other. Would it be smart to do away with the grow big with it having a high nitrogen content? Maybe a tad more of the tiger bloom?

Attachments

• Snapchat-801386606.jpg
    Snapchat-801386606.jpg
    647.3 KB · Views: 48
Back
Top Bottom