First Mainlining Grow - Shoutout To Nugbuckets & Nebula Haze

Smokingman420

So this is my 2nd grow ever and although the 1st one was okay yielding 12oz of Tangerine Dream, I learned a shitload of stuff and have been avidly researching when I found these in the fall when I was gearing up for this grow

So it all makes perfect sense to me,,and figured after seeing those donkey dicks I had to try it

SO, started from seed on 10-16-15 and just flipped to 12/12 3 days ago.

I'm growing in a 5'x 5' tent with 1-1,000w MH then HPS
have solid 6" intake fan for fresh air, 6" carbon exhaust, 6" fan for cooling light, have a de-humifier for when it's needed

Current grow, I have 1- tangerine dream in 10gal, 1 jack herer in 10gal, 1- og ghost train haze #1 in 10gal and 1- 818 blueberry headband in 10gal
then I have 2 more Ghost train in 3gal and 1 818 BB headband in 3 gal

I'll be posting a bunch of pics etc to get caught up here

Here is a few I took between 10 days ago and today . I defoliated the crap out of them, they really took to it very well seemed to be very strong with the exception of one of the gth, I should've gotten rid of it , but its this far so Ill see what happens with it.

The pics with the black screen...I use that screen during veg to help keep the branches seprated. After I built the above screen, I remove the underneath one. Plants will grow through this next week and should help with support, seperation and if I have to tuck any colas to try to keep tops even as possible.

This last picture was taken today as a point of reference.

I am using AN in veg it was sensi grow parts a&b, b-12, a root stimulant and RO water which I mix with my well water, I set the PPM around 200-230 mixing the water then add nutes

last feeding was the 1st round of flower nutes
sensi bloom a&b, senzism, bud igniter, bud candy, PPM was at 900

SO, a few lessons I learned about training plants this way

I topped some of the plants too early and really got the growth stunted. In both my eagerness and my novice status I wanted to get them going and delayed it in the process...I added probably 2 weeks to my veg time plus some of the plants did not grow out as large as they should have. I actually would have let them go another couple weeks, but a couple of the plants are more than ready

I had major nute-burn on my first and only previous grow...I thought all this talk about water/ppm/ph was all horsehit....Its not..lol I bought a zerowater.com/zerowater-products and this has cured my water issues...my tap water is 557ppm so that just killed me my first grow...I was actually at local store talking with the owner about stuff and he steered me in the right direction and how important knowing what is going into your plants is!
So anyway I bought the 23cup zerowater and am fairly happy with it. I get 8-12 gallons of RO perfect water. I've been mixing it with my tap water and keep it between 200-250ppm before adding nutes when its time to do so

I also was too rough on a few plants when tying them down in training....I snapped off mains on 1 plant so now instead of 8 colas, it only has 4...I also now have another plant that only partially healed so like 1/2 the stem is gone, it looks fine but it's hanging on a hinge, I have it tied up but hope it makes it through to harvest....

After the first couple feedings when I was feeding them small amounts, I was anal about giving the plants that could handle higher and lower doses of nutes.....then once I transplanted for the final time because of probably laziness and also because they all looked so healthy, I started to feed them all the same....got a little nute-burn on 2 of the ghost trains and slow growth on the 818hb...I've since remedied that so the 818 are starting to catch up and the GTH have been flushed and just given )ppm water until later this week

Just so you know the moderators will probably take down links to any non sponsored site ie. zerowater filter.

Everything looks bang on man and I'm along for the ride, and welcome to the site man. :thumb:

Hey Smokingman - I checked out that product that must not be named (um, I mean linked) and I'm intrigued but I couldn't find any information on how many gallons the filters will process before they must be replaced. If that figure is available in the user manual that came with your container will you please share?

Your plants look great and I'm impressed with all the training you've done. As you know from looking at my journal I decided to go pretty natural on my first grow to get a sense for how the plants would normally develop but things got nearly out of hand pretty quickly. Those nervy girls have taken up more space than they're entitled to in the grow room! I'll be watching your progress carefully because I want to do something along the same line on my second grow.

off the unlinkable site:rofl:

Q. How long will the filters last?
A. Though we are lab-certified for 15 gallons per filter under the strictest conditions, our customers with tap water near 200 TDS tell us that one filter will treat about 30 gallons of water before seeing a reading of 006 on their TDS meter. The lower the TDS, the longer the filters will last. You need to test your water to know for yourself.

:rofl::rofl:

Here's what Brita says about there filters. To be honest I use my water from the tap and it works fine sometimes I find if I over think things I end up messing things up more then if I would of left em alone.

How long can a cartridge be used for?
In order that the quality of your BRITA filtered water is maintained at a high level, you should replace the filter cartridge at regular intervals.
The service life of the filter cartridge depends on the local water quality: if your mains water contains a carbonate hardness of 12 to 14.5° EH (degree of clarke hardness), then the filter cartridge should be replaced after a consumption of 100 litres of water. If the water is harder or consumption is greater, the lifetime of the cartridge reduces accordingly.
The cartridge should be replaced after four weeks at the latest, as the requirement for careful hygiene to ensure that you are experiencing optimum performance from your BRITA cartridge.

Yeah its a varying figure based on your PPM to start with...I get about 10 gallons per filter but y PPM is like 550+- If youre starting with 250ppm Would get much higher use. I would guess min of 18-22 gal

Its not cheap but honestly a hell of a lot better then dragging gallons and gallons of water and about the same cost....I do like the filters because about every 20 min or so it will filter a gallon

yeah Brita is totally different,,,it most likely will make very little difference with regards to tds readings...Zerowater is the only one I found that will do what i wanted done

Quick update...the girls are stretching nicely but so far very controlled. They are about to hit the screen over next few days and will make it easier to keep the canopy level..right now for various reasons, a couple plants have branches that are several inches shorter than others,,,not a biggie but it could get worse so since I'm working with only 8 colas per plant, it should be easy to manuver them around to stay fairly even.

I fed the 4 plants in 10gal pots yesterday morning and will feed the 3 gal tomorrow...I used about 1,000ppm which was 225 water and roughly 800ppm nutes....sensi bloom a&b, sensizsm, big bud, bud ignitor, bud candy, root ignitor

Looking good man I wouldn't worry about it to much I've never even checked my ph of water with soil I find that people who mess with everything usually mess everything up or run into more problems down the line.

check it!
P10301021.JPG

Glad to see some other mainliners here!

WOO HOO brotherman! Yes this is my first attempt and so far I find it fabulous..all the strains seemed to really take to it and the Jack and 818 are super thick stems and growth....Its amazing as each cola seems like that they will give plenty of bud, super thick and healthy

2016-01-26_18_08_04.jpg
On another note....Ive been reading a boatload about extreme defoliation....with so much different info out there, i figured I would try it myself and see what happens for myself......I decided to take 2 plants and strip them of all fan leaves,,,,I did this with a tangerine dream and also a ghost train haze...1-24-16 update

I will put up a new photo later today when they wake up but last night they were looking like they bounced back and the TD in particular has sprouted some new fan leaves but the growth of the smaller sugar leaves seems to be abundant....however the bud growth itself seems to have slowed.....going to have to wait this out...right now Im thinking it was a mistake but still a long way to go....today is day 22 of being in flower

Back
Top Bottom