First time aeroponic cloning question

satch

I built a aerocloner and will soon be taking cuttings.My question is do i absolutley have to use rooting gel if i am using clonex solution in the res.I am far from my hydro store and i have some rootech powder but think that will wash off.the guy at the hydro store told me it was unnecesary to use the gel if i was using the clonex solution.any help would be highly appreciated thanks.:thanks:

Re: first time aerponic cloning question

HMMMM 243 views and no answer.:hmmmm:

Re: First time aerponic cloning question

ill tell you what i've done. i built my own too. maybe i can help u. first off i hope ur design is decent an well built. for best results clean with a bleach/water solution after every batch. afterwards rinse with water to remove all bleach.

next fill with water. purified is best they say. i use tap ran through a carbon water filter. turn on water heater. i do 77 to 81 degrees. 79 is where mine is set now. make sure you have an air pump in use.

I have a timer that mists 15 seconds then off for a min. i've also used a 15min interval timer set 15 on 45 off. i used rock wool with that timer tho. i've also ran my mister 24/7.

I use liquid karma in my cloner along with dipping them in clonex. i also might add super thrive.

I have used only water with nothing else and had good results. it really depends on the strain and how clean you keep things. steralize all ur tools before taking cuttings. try to have lower nitrogen levels in ur mother plant this helps root faster. take cuttings from lower on plant root faster. try to take cuttings around 1/8th inch diameter. i use my thumb and pinky streched apart for a length of cutting.

good luck an any other questions i'd try to answer. i hope i didnt miss anything or jump around to much

clean bleach tub, fill with water/liquid clonex, turn on heater and air stone, turn on misters, take ur cuttings. while doing this place cuttings in a cup of water/clonex until u get to cloner so air dont get into the new fresh cutting. then place into ur machine. make sure to keep everything around 77 to 81 degrees. keep humidity up to 100% first few days then down to 80ish. make sure to mist them and let fresh air in to them.

i wanted to rewrite in step by step

Thank you for the info E Doh It couldn't have come at a better time.I am getting ready to take cuttings today i have everything lined up and have pretty much done everything on your list. I do not have a heater though or a thermometer for the water i guess a run to to the pet store is in order for aqaurium heater and thermometer.budget is gettin way low.I am a self employed plumber and biz has been slow. as far as the humidity do i need a dome or just mist them a couple of times a day?
Thanks again for replying i appreciate it.

i found the hydro shop has the cheapest water heaters, also grab a dome, an mist a few times a day wen ever you can. like morning lunch if possible. afterwork and before bed. not to often. that might b overkill just watch out. stores in my area i can get this $40 or under. including gas to get there. so plz check grow store first. i thought pet store would be cheaper but they are a quarter to double the price.

unfortunatly my hydro store is closed on sundays guess they need time off as well lol.pet smart is a 2 mile run sooo guees if im doin it today im gonna check pet smart.so definately a dome which i have from my last attempt in rockwool.i am using neoprene inserts with no media or basket and then into hydroten after they root.

another thing u might want to try that i was reminded while surfing this site is using willow water. this is where u take the slender freshest shoots (branch tips bout foot or two) from the willow tree family cut them in small enough lengths to fit in ur container of choice and soak in water for a few days at least overnight. there is stuff in this that promotes rooting. if u ever noticed that a huge branch or willow can break off an it will continue to grow an produce new roots cloning itself. u might try that.

thanks E i will maybe give it a try second run no willows close by.i do have GH rapid root which lists willow bark exctract which is going to be part of the mix.clonex solution,rootech gel,rapid root and superthrive.hope this works i will let you know.i am going to break down and start a journal i have been a little paranoid to share alot of info on this site due to not living in a 420 friendly area.i keep one on paper though to keep track since i am old and feeble minded lol.

i'm sure you'll get rootz, sounds like you r ready to go. o an i understand ur hesitation to post ur grow, i only use this site because im legal cardholder im still worried about it tho, goodluck!

My diy aero cloner, I put in straight chlorinated tap water and I dont PH it, I dont warm it up, I dont use a heater as the pump will put plenty of heat in the water. No need for cloning gel and cant tell the difference in speed of roots between using and not using it. Ive put 3 sets of 7 clones through this way and have had a 100% survival rate and get roots in 7-8 days. Roots are about 6 inches long after 14 days.

well i guess there are many ways to do this i searched alot of threads and saw folks doing it very simply and to the teenth.im a gonna start the journal tonight and we will see.bottom line i really appreciate and am grateful for all the knowledge ive gleened from 420 and will continue to try and be a part of this community. my main goal for growing is to keep my Glaucoma in check and i love growing things all kinds of things both legal and not oh well.i think what i hope to grow is some good friendships here on 420 doing something we all have in common(livin life the best we can.)peace for now and thanks for the help.

yep sum strains clone so easy like they almost have roots soon as u cut them. others not so much, i have noticed cleanliness helps a lot and i filter my water.

My diy aero cloner, I put in straight chlorinated tap water and I dont PH it, I dont warm it up, I dont use a heater as the pump will put plenty of heat in the water. No need for cloning gel and cant tell the difference in speed of roots between using and not using it. Ive put 3 sets of 7 clones through this way and have had a 100% survival rate and get roots in 7-8 days. Roots are about 6 inches long after 14 days.
Puff puff is exactly right. No need for cloning gel or anything. Just plain old un ph'ed tap water will work.

as i was doing my last clone cycle i noticed that when i phd it roots would not form, i had to scrape and redo, idk y this happend. ive done this before with phing and it was fine. so idk. i use filtered water and liquid karma. with gel.

ok the deed is done.you know i ran that cloner for 24 hours or better before i started and that sucker didn't leak.i put 8 clones in it and it started to leak around 11:00 pm performed in-service surgery til 12:30-1:00 got it under control still had to have a couple of towels surrounding it and really didn't get sleep.will be making some tweeks after work today. i will be going to a cooler instead of tote tub just gotta find one to fit the manifold i made.went in and checked in the dark and clones seem fine humidity in room @85% without fan's on.i am hoping for the best.i am thinking i don't need two airstones running i have a feeling that is why it leaked with all the neo-inserts in it started to create a vacuum which pulled the lid down in the middle i cracked the inserts that have the cords running through and it seemed to help.i used carbon filtered water bubbled for 24 hours with a starting tds of 50ppm added clonex sol., rapid start,superthrive all with half of the recommended strengths.ph to 5.5 eco-400 pump with 12 site misters two airstones aq.heater set @ 72. Sooo with the recent posts about just adding water and stir im really hoping more will not equal failure we shall see.maybe feminized seeds is the way to go if i can ever get up the courage or the foolishness to order.

:peace:

sweet. always keep an eye on water level while using a heater. i have had sum scary close calls where i was being lazy fo a few days and the effer melted thru tub, an just last night realized i almost melted thru a wire when the water was being pumped thru, so so scary,

well we have roots on 5 outta 8 had some problem with white powdery mildew but i think i have that under control.i am supposedly getting some death star seeds from a friend in a couple of days and then going to start a journal possibly on that grow.thanks again for all the help folks.
:peace:

sweet u may need to let more air into the dome n that might stop mildew from growing. i also found out that if i get any clonex gel above the root area, like on leaves, it causes mildew to grow. not sure why but i also read that for sum reason that will happen cuz of the hormones an what not. obviously i;m not a scientist lol

Ok got roots on 6 outta 8 just wondering when is it ok to transplant into hydroten.the roots are approx. 3 inches long?

Back
Top Bottom