Aeroponics setup questions

CommonGround

i am in the process of making an aeroponics setup. i have a room with a closet.
i am planning on keeping aerocloner and mothers in the closet and having two aeroflo 60s in the main part of the room.

i would like to have one 600w hps light on a light rail for each aeroflo 60.
would this be sufficient light?

any suggestions on crop rotation? i'd like to have it to where im harvesting on the reg

also i would like to only veg for a few days then go straight to flower. any suggestions on what nutes to use ?

is a chiller absolutely necessary?

also i was thinking about putting the exhaust straight up into the attic and letting it disperse then flow out through the attic vents. is this a good idea?

any other aeroponics tips and tricks would be much appreciated.

-thanks

fIRST OFF, WELCOME TO THE SITE. You'll find all the info you could want here. Now for your question(s)..
You may wanna start by reading the "How to grow Marijuana" Thread.
And also, the "how to ask Questions" thread.
Try and provide as much info as you can, and youll be amazed at all the helpful people and answers you find.
Not knowing the size of the closet your gonna use, it sounds like it must be a good sized one if your gonna fit all that in there. Good choice with the 600w light, I personally feel the 600w to be the most efficient setup out there. In other words, you get the best output to lumen ratio for your dollar, I also run an aeroponic system. Its a stinkbud setup that I slightly modified and built. Seems to work great. If your new to growing, you may want to do a couple basic soil grows along with the hydro. That way if something goes wrong, you still should get some bud, from the other setup that didnt have issues.
As far as nutrients go, I trully feel the technaflora B.C. series is great, When we started we ordered thier recipe for success kit, It gives you a nice boxed set of nutrients and a nice Instruction sheet they call "THE RECIPE FOR SUCCESS" if you follow this chart, youll have a great end result, as well as a better understanding of mixing and using nutrients, additives, & boosters.
then you can fine tune the dosages for your strains, or plants needs. I like them for the simplicity of getting everything in a package with a great detailed instruction sheet. Its deffinitly worth checking into..
The exhaust idea should be great. As far as a chiller goes, it all depends on how hot your res water gets.
All in all, Id start by reading the threads I mentioned, And youll have a much better understanding of some fundamentals..
But welcome: to the site, and good luck...

I also run an aeroponic system. I looked at the aeroflo 32 (I think) and several other models like the aerojet stinkbuds and true aeroponic systems aka TAG systems. The reason I didnt go with the aerojet/aeroflo is because of the limited amount of vertical root space. The plants roots will end up growing into one another and the aeroponic effects will be limited to just a few inches of roots that are haging in mid air. All of the roots laying down on the bottom of the tubes will be growing like a normal nft hydro system.

Lighting depends on room size.

Nutes I like advanced nutes. I use the grandmaster level and get great results. The only problems I have ever had were due to errors on my part.

I use a chiller but its because my ambient room temps are above 84f if you can keep your temps in the 70s then you wont need a chiller. If your temps get in the 80s then you better consider buying one.

exhausing humid air into an attic can cause damage. IMO exhaust it outside.

Yea the root space is the down fall to the aeorflos but still great units. Really only a clone only for the herbys. I think the 36 unit is good for a 600w but for the 60 you should get 1K. I am thinking about the 60 staggered with 4 600w.
If you want to harvest a shit tone I would look towards the see of green method.
As for the chiller I have been keeping my rain forest below 68 degrees with the ice bottle method. Its 17 gallon res and the the aeroflos 40 so you could use a bigger bottle, you just have to be around to change it out and if thats an issue I would lean toward a 1/4hp chiller per 60 unit.
Yea veg till they are settled and flip. I have used both GH Flora and nova would lean toward the flora because it will run more cleanly through your system.
The exhaust sounds great just get a filter if smell is an issue. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom