First time grower any help is much appreciated!

saulgoodman18

420 Member
Hi Guys, I would first like to say that any help/advice is much appreciated.
I am extremely new to this so forgive me before hand for knowing very little.
I have been researching pretty much nonstop and feel I have much of the basic knowledge down, however there are still some things I could not find a definitive answer on.
I understand in many cases a definitive answer does not exist as each person many have different method/technique.
That said, allow me to begin.

I will be attempting to grow blue cheese, more specifically from royal queen seeds.
Does anyone have any advice on which is the best soil to use?
From my research I believe aerated soil is best, are there any brands you think I should specifically purchase?
Next nutrients/feed - are there any that are more beneficial for my specific grow?
Lastly, temperature and humidity. What should I be aiming for?

Any help answering these questions will be greatly appreciated!

I prefer not to use soil I prefer Coco because it has no nutrients in it the only nutrients the plant is getting his but I give it I prefer a three-part nutrient there are a lot of good brands of nutrients I used Botanicare because I have 450 plants I go through a lot of fertilizer when it comes to temperature humidity and conditions it all depends on the type of grow you are doing whether you are using a greenhouse weather using a tent with ventilation or grow cabinet

Thanks for the fast reply! Yes that's what I have heard Coco seem's to be the happy medium many steer towards. When you say three-part nutrient would I be right to assume it offers benefits for different phases of the grow, kind of like an all in one? I have a small grow room intake out take fans of course! I even invested in a neat little fan controller I heard it help's maintain a steady temperature. It is fully isolated meaning keeping the environment steady should be fairly doable (Look at me talking like i have a clue :cheer:). Dimensions are 1 meters by 2 meters. (If that helps). I put a link to the seed I will be obtaining below.

Blue Cheese

Coco is becoming very popular because it's pretty hard to screw up as for the three-part nutrient thing there's three part for Blooming and then there's three part for veg it's basically base nutrient then Advanced nutrient and then I have a compost tea sometimes I add a 4 part at the end it's a ripener for a tent that size during veg 75 two 85 degrees humidity from 50 to 70% for flowering you can do 75 to 85 but if you can it's best to keep it at the low end of that during flowering you were humidity during flowering should be between 30 and 50% anything over 50% you have to start to worry about mold

It says 6265 days flowering time but most the time it's going to have to run longer on your preference of how you like it and the fact that they grow in almost perfect condition

WoW, thank you very much this information will help me on the journey. I know mistakes will be made but this information will allow me to make less of them. (In theory :slide:)

My next question is... I was originally thinking to grow from seeds in a small incubator then once the plants filled the small pots transfer them over. However I feel like that method is for a different purpose. For those who have not got as much of a solid environment or setup. therefore they need to allow the best chance. I have since seen others plant in full size pots from seeds right away, It makes sense to me that less disruption as possible would be the best method for a healthier grow. Which brings me to my next question pots/grow bags. Iv seen people using a cloth like materiel to grow in what do you personally recommend.

I take my seeds soak them in distilled water 4/8 hours taking them out and then put them in a way wet paper towel in a cool dry place once the seed pops in the white Tap Root pops out carefully place the seed in the dirt cover it make sure it is firmly covered and you will be good the reason for this is when paying that much for seeds we want the highest percentage in making them flourish when it comes to cloning is when you will need the humidity down not necessarily with seedlings as for fabric smart pots and regular parts it is pretty much a personal preference the smart pots are designed to allow more air to the roots for faster growth Coco does the same thing it holds 80 times more oxygen in the Coco then it came in soil

Ahh, OK gotcha. So would smart Pots and Coco be a good combination or would that be over kill? I do have one last question for you kind sir. I have been looking into the growing method SOG for the lack of space I have. The seed I have specifically chosen (The one previously linked). Apparently responds well to that method of growing. Would you suggest steering clear of this method to begin? From what I can gauge Its a matter of changing the lighting cycle early. Any light you can shed on this would be awesome! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom