First time grower: does anyone know what this spot is

StarFireBudz

420 Member
15881204789361028223541.jpg
thinking calcium deficiency but not sure

Hiya @StarFireBudz could be...if you are feeding cal/mag right now I'd say you need to dig deeper and see if there's a underlying problem like pH or overwatering that is facilitating deficiencies and issues. Tell us what you are growing in and what you are feeding and what you know about your soil and water pH...that would help get a better understanding of the situation to give you some more educated guessing. CHeers mate, gl to your grow! :yahoo:

one of my plants got fungus gnats and I ended up throwing that one out because I didn't want the healthy plants to get it and it was kind of a practice plant.. im pretty sure I messed it up by overwatering but ive been being cautious with watering and I cant see any visible gnats on these. I have a magnifying glass and neem oil on the way just in case that is the problem. Im growing in fox farm happy frog soil. I didn't do feedings the first few weeks because they were in good soil so I started out doing half strength feedings. I gave them a full dose last night in case it is a deficiency. the ph of the soil runoff was on the lower side at 6.2

You know StarFireBudz I'm no pro by a long shot, but I'd make sure to let them dry out till your pot is as light as a feather betwen waterings starting today, weed needs a good dry cycle as much as any other thing. Overwatering makes lots of symptoms that look like other issues. What all nutes are you feeding? That runoff pH seems low to me, do you know what your soil is? I have one of those 9 dollar ph/moisture/light wands, I use it alot to check my soil pH. It might not be totally accurate, but it gives me a baseline to work from. I do NOT use it for water, as I rely on the weight of the pot entirely to tell when my girls are thirsty.

Also just throwing out that one plant probably isn't going to lick your gnat problem. Get that neem oil in a spray bottle with some dish soap and water and start spraying it regularly! Soak the soil, get the stems, the top and bottom of the leaves. Also put out yellow fly trap cards along with. Bugs are inevitable unless you are a saint, get a good prevention regimen now and you'll be super happy you did. Ask me how I know!

Thank you for the advice! I am letting them dry out more often now. I have yellow postcards coming and gonna check the garden shop tomorrow for some neem oil. Appreciate your input even if you aren't a pro :)

You know StarFireBudz I'm no pro by a long shot, but I'd make sure to let them dry out till your pot is as light as a feather betwen waterings starting today, weed needs a good dry cycle as much as any other thing. Overwatering makes lots of symptoms that look like other issues. What all nutes are you feeding? That runoff pH seems low to me, do you know what your soil is? I have one of those 9 dollar ph/moisture/light wands, I use it alot to check my soil pH. It might not be totally accurate, but it gives me a baseline to work from. I do NOT use it for water, as I rely on the weight of the pot entirely to tell when my girls are thirsty.

Also just throwing out that one plant probably isn't going to lick your gnat problem. Get that neem oil in a spray bottle with some dish soap and water and start spraying it regularly! Soak the soil, get the stems, the top and bottom of the leaves. Also put out yellow fly trap cards along with. Bugs are inevitable unless you are a saint, get a good prevention regimen now and you'll be super happy you did. Ask me how I know!

Hiya @StarFireBudz could be...if you are feeding cal/mag right now I'd say you need to dig deeper and see if there's a underlying problem like pH or overwatering that is facilitating deficiencies and issues. Tell us what you are growing in and what you are feeding and what you know about your soil and water pH...that would help get a better understanding of the situation to give you some more educated guessing. CHeers mate, gl to your grow! :yahoo:

more often now

Check out the link in my sig to Emilya's watering article it's really good, shes like pot yoda, I learned so much from her as I started! Once there it's springboard into so many important aspects of growing weed we don't know or remember to implement.

hey there, i figured out what was wrong with the plants. They got rust spots because there was no ventilation in my tent so i fixed that and doing organic pesticide prevention and full strength cal mag.

Back
Top Bottom