First time grower - High expectations

Thanks for the info guys . My only way to access this site is through my cell phone . I did find the video instructions on how to upload pics from an I phone last night . My service was sucking bad so I was having problems getting the video to play . I fell asleep last night trying to watch it . hopefully I can get it to play at today . At some point I'll be able to use wifi and than it should play for me with out a problem . So please bare with me as it might take me a little while but I promise I'll get it done ...... A little side note 3 out of 4 plants have popped and they are spending their first day in a sunny window . Again thanks for everything guys

Hey guys . All 4 of my plants sprouted this morning . I kept them in the window all day bc I thought that would be enough light with out hurting them . Well 3 look happy but one is missing its initial leaf . It popped up with a little leave . It seems to have gotten tore off or something . Could it of burned off in the window . The temp was around 80 . Anything I can do to fix it . Maybe burry it ? It looks like a half inch of a straight root . Does it have a chance ? I'm so upset

Not burned off. 80 is fine and anyway- it would have fried and wilted first, not burned off and disappeared. If the too is gone - no it won't survive. It was probably broken off or else eaten. By an insect or caterpillar or something?? Do you have a cat?

Loading pics. It helps if they are reduced in size first. At least for me it does-it's faster for one thing. I use an app called AutoResize which was free and works great. I shrink my pics I want to upload to 420 to 500 kb.
To load pics to the gallery with a phone- hit the 'Gallery' link. Then 'Upload photos'. Load them into the default 'members galleries' is fine. You can only do one pic at a time with iphone for some reason. So hit 'choose file' just once- fill in the other boxes. Submit. Then it will be uploaded.
To insert a pic into a post I use the photo link icon, which is in the row of icons directly above the area you write a post in. It's third from the right and looks like a camera with a green arrow on it. Touch the pic(s) you want then close the window.
I hope these somewhat mangled instructions help a bit Lol:)

Thanks weasel cracker . Sorry I haven't had much time to get my pics loaded . Between working , doing what I been doing with these plants , and time spent with the family I'm getting spread real thin lol ..so I think I know what happened . I started the seeds in rapid rooters and transfered the rioters to little cups soon as I saw roots growing out the bottom . I didnt quite burry the one quite deep enough . I was a little rough with it once I finally noticed it trying to force it a little deeper into the cup . I must of damaged the leave before made up and out of the rooter . All I can think of anyway . Lessons learned I guess

I grew sunflowers this year . I accidentally tore off just half the same similar first leave when I planted it . This sunflower still grew but it was sevely stunted . It toped out at around 3 feet where the healthy ones I planted went over 7 feet . Just going by this I think my baby is done . She is missing both leaves . Luckily I have 3 more happy ones . I have always germinated my seeds in paper towels , or right in dirt here the last few years . I have never germinated in these rapid rooters before . I haven't even germinated weed only tomatoes , peppers , and a few other vegetables lol .. So lessons leaned I guess . I feel like I committed child abuse ... I guess on the bright side I can make up for it by letting my 3 remaining plants grow a little bigger before switching over to flowering as I was in a tight space kinda small for 4 plants .. In a weird way my stupidity is kinda like natural selection / survival of the fittest lol

Yay for germination!!!

I bet if you leave that girl alone she will still grow fine. Maybe a bit stunted for a couple weeks but she'll pull through. These little creatures are so hardy

I hope your right bro . Even if she grows slow I'll just take my time vegging her out . Maybe I won't be able to flower her as soon as I start flowing the others but hopefully I can get something out of her .. Missing her top leave she was born with is gonna make it tough . I think that's what powers her first week or so of growth . I'm not giving up on her though . I'll be pleasantly surprised if she makes it

Back
Top Bottom