First time grower - UK - Auto's

LoudBud

Hello everyone, been searching and reading round this website for a while now and decided to introduce myself as well as ask for a little help/advice if possible

So, I have swung towards the Auto seeds as its my first grow and just get the hang of them and learn from my mistakes, I have a 80x80x160cm tent on order (fox hunter) has anyone got experience with one of these or anything to say, would be appreciated. I'm also going to be growing in soil (Biobizz light mix) with the nutrients to go with (bio-grow, bio-bloom, top-max) I am right in saying that this soil should be okay to feed just water for the first 3-4 weeks once the seeds germinated?

A week today I will be ordering a 600watt hps dual spectrum light with the reflector and ballast (I have read a few journals and reviews and for between 4-8 plants I think this is the most suited light to do the job for me), then the week after that I shall have the carbon filter and fans etc ordered, so for the first 2 weeks roughly the plants will just be in the tent with a 100watt for the first week and 600watt there-on after with a fan I have at home (it's not oscillating, that's why I am ordering as I have read the flow of air is better) I also have the FoxHunter 100mm Carbon filter with 4" extraction fan, where I am located it is not a major issue with smell so that's why I haven't opted for the rhino carbon filters.

As I said before I have took the Auto path and have ordered : 1 x Auto Blue Amnesia, 1 x Big Bang Auto for now and order another 2 every 2 weeks so in around 2 months I shall be harvesting every 2 weeks, so I shall be making journals very soon!

Wish me luck and thanks for having me 420!

Hello LoudBud, I am brand new here too, and Im doing Auto also! My first bunch I grew outside, and the quality is outstanding!!! Some of my friends cant take it cause its too strong! I am investing in LED for the long term. I have done a lot of reading and studying, and I can control the temps better that way. I have never done an indoor grow before, but my job is tropical plants in doors, office buildings, hotels, condos ect, so I know what to expect while growing. I have a 3'x7' space in my shed that I will make my grow space.
So far I have harvested Samsara Sugar Black Rose, a freebie that so far is one of my favorites, and Thunder Bloody Mary, that was real nice, but thinner sugar coated buds. I harvested Candy Kush, and cured it for almost 3 weeks, and WOW it will cure whatever ails you! It might be my favorite, I will get more. I also harvested Dark Devil and it made pretty purple buds! Its curing now.
Still growing are 2 fast 2 vast, about 2 more weeks, and Thc Bomb, I will cut it tomorrow.
Good luck with your adventure, keep us posted!

Welcome to both of you!

Loud, I think you'll love your HPS. I've always grown with it and I don't think I'll change. Just upgraded to a 1000W and this thing is like the Ferrari of lights. I love it!

Hope you both enjoy yourselves around here. I look forward to seeing you guys do yo thang!

@maggiesdad, Hello Maggiesdad, thanks for stopping by mate! I have heard Auto strains are really good and easy to grow and also have about the same potency as regular seeds, Iv also heard that some people can get 3-4 oz a plant indoors (which I think is amazing for a 2 month schedule) Iv also been reading some journals and the 2 Vast 2 Fast and the Thc Bomb are really good yielders and smokers, so good luck with that harvest mate you will afto keep me updated if possible!

@Pigeons420, Hello mate, yeah Iv been searching all over the Internet about HPS lights and thought for my situation it suits me best + with the MH bulb as well it's just a killer light!! just a quick one, how many plants max could I grow under a 600watt HPS? For the first grow to get hang of it, I'm only growing 2 then hopefully every time after increase by 2 until about 10-12 (if I don't mess up the first time ) thanks again Pigeons420!

Comfortable you can cover about a 4'x4' area. About 2 plants. You could probably fit 3-4 but intensity and coverage will be minimized.

Can't wait to see what you can do! You're on the right track though, friend. Keep asking questions!

@Pigeons420 Thanks for the information! Iv looked at your Critical Hog Journal and it looks amazing, looks covered in crystals! Congratulations! I will be starting a journal soon once my seeds have arrived, which should be Monday/Tuesday, I can't wait!!

Thanks for your kind words Loud!

The hog was an amazing strain to grow. She is newbie proof, very hardy and an all around good smoke. I found that the smell and taste was so distinct, that I actually mind of got sick of the same old taste. But that probably because I harvest so much from her. I still have 2 jars full of herb.

Thanks for checking me out. Feel free to drop by my current journals and join the fun!

Anytime mate, you need to be applauded when it's been earnt! Well done on the amazing smoke my friend, hopefully I won't be far behind you on the 2 jars full of herb! I'm interested in your opinion on which are good auto strains to go for or previous ones you have smoked, many thanks!

Sorry I didn't get to this yesterday. Believe it or not I got myself married haha

As for auto strains. These are something I'm not too familiar with. I've only grow 2 in my days. However with that said. I've been smoking for many many years. And the strain, Auto TUTENKHOMAN that I grew this year, is by far the best smoke I've ever had. It will certainly be in my selection again... Best smoke ever... These are not words I throw around often. Or ever before for that matter.

But please do a little homework. Look for the THC levels you desire. Or the CBD levels. And go from there.

Best of luck. Can't wait to see you take off!

@Pigeons420 No worries mate, oooohh dear.. Regretting it already? Haha

Right okay I will look into that and to try it out, I am already around 2 weeks into first seed from bag seed (supposed to be Cheese) will start a journal sometime this week, as I'm busy working away with work, catch you all soon.

Back
Top Bottom