Slaylem11

420 Member
Hey everyone. So I’ve decided to start growing as I am such a heavy smoker that it’s going to be better for me in the long run. I prefer a heavy hitting indica. I’ve ordered and assembled this hydroponic tent (yep I ordered it when high and didnt see the dimensions ) I have 600w LED lights on the way with grow and veg settings too and a 4-6 inch carbon filter. Just after some tips and anything else I should be getting? What type of soil and pots and just help lol

Attachments

• 12066CB1-A250-4A1B-B2FA-64E837D907E0.jpeg
    12066CB1-A250-4A1B-B2FA-64E837D907E0.jpeg
    548.5 KB · Views: 71
I'd keep it simple the 1st grow. Although I like Coco; for a 1st grow I'd recommend Fox Farms Ocean Forrest soil. Coco you have to feed twice per day with nutrients. With the soil I mentioned you wont need any nutes for 3 - 4 weeks. Then start feeding with the Mega Crop. With soil you will only feed once every 2 - 3 days when it dries out some. Coco you never let dry out.
Soil is just way easier to deal with for a 1st grow IMO. It will also give you time to read & learn about other grow methods before trying them.

I'd keep it simple the 1st grow. Although I like Coco; for a 1st grow I'd recommend Fox Farms Ocean Forrest soil. Coco you have to feed twice per day with nutrients. With the soil I mentioned you wont need any nutes for 3 - 4 weeks. Then start feeding with the Mega Crop. With soil you will only feed once every 2 - 3 days when it dries out some. Coco you never let dry out.
Soil is just way easier to deal with for a 1st grow IMO. It will also give you time to read & learn about other grow methods before trying them.
Yeah this seems much much better for the learning part as keeping up with that when I’m away from home for periods isn’t going to be easy to start with. Thank you!

you should get a timer for the light. Based on my research you would want 18 hours on and 6 hours off. Although somem growers leave it on for 24 hours in seedling stage. Get a temp and humidty reader. You would want this to be on the dot i learned. Not enough humidty can burn the plants. Fresh air is also needed. I've got my fan by the window of the tent so it can help with the fresh air. The cd room on top of the tent is my DIY fan exhaust at the moment. As i am not running my carbon filter until flower time. It is connected to a sensor that can adjust my heat and air condition. But i am only using it to exhust the heat at the moment.

Attachments

• 2020-05-16 22.24.45.jpg
    2020-05-16 22.24.45.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
  • 2020-05-16 22.25.05.jpg
    2020-05-16 22.25.05.jpg
    480.2 KB · Views: 41
If you haven't purchased seeds yet you could pull off a small perpetual grow with autoflower plants.
Just plant a new seed every two weeks and then in 3 months you will harvest the first plant and every two weeks you will harvest another plant for as long as you keep the rotation going instead of waiting 3 months for another crop you will always have a continuous supply which is also nice if your plant has an issue and doesn't make it there will be another one growing two weeks behind it.
And by the time the first harvest is dried you can jar it up and hang your second harvest to dry so on and so forth.
OR you could pick up a small veg tent and raise clones to flip every few weeks. A little extra expense up front BUT one seed could create infinite plants.

If you haven't purchased seeds yet you could pull off a small perpetual grow with autoflower plants.
Just plant a new seed every two weeks and then in 3 months you will harvest the first plant and every two weeks you will harvest another plant for as long as you keep the rotation going instead of waiting 3 months for another crop you will always have a continuous supply which is also nice if your plant has an issue and doesn't make it there will be another one growing two weeks behind it.
And by the time the first harvest is dried you can jar it up and hang your second harvest to dry so on and so forth.
OR you could pick up a small veg tent and raise clones to flip every few weeks. A little extra expense up front BUT one seed could create infinite plants.
I was thinking of that, but than space is an issue for me. I only have a 2x2 tent

Also, cloning doesn't have to be super complicated. I started out with all kinds of different cloning set ups that took up half my tent from store bought hydroponic cloners to rockwool and a humidity dome but now i have just as much luck sticking a bunch of cuttings in a solo cup!

Attachments

• 20200517_231930.jpg
    20200517_231930.jpg
    475.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 20200517_231923.jpg
    20200517_231923.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 50
Also, cloning doesn't have to be super complicated. I started out with all kinds of different cloning set ups that took up half my tent from store bought hydroponic cloners to rockwool and a humidity dome but now i have just as much luck sticking a bunch of cuttings in a solo cup!
Deffinitly, one of the most effective ways.

Okay perfect so I am heading to the store tomorrow to find some soil. I am in Australia so it may be harder. I’m going to need a temperature and humidity monitor I’ve gathered and a timer. What size and material pots should I get? And what kind of soil is best as I’ve never heard of coco. Thanks for your help everyone! Ordered some seeds the other day

Fox farm is one of the most common and one of the best soils for cannabis...fabric pots are also a plus with growing cannabis. I would go at least 5 gallons.

Coco short for coconut coir (shredded up coconut fiber). It is a fantastic inert media for growing. Many including myself reuse it on outdoor veggies after it's been used for cannabis (my tomatoes LOVE it).
if your local hardware store or garden center doesn't have it you may have luck somewhere that specializes in orchids.

Technically you could use it over and over but if there's any chance there was any unwanted pests or disease in the root zone you run the risk of reintroducing it to the next cycle.

As for pot size, a plant at peak performance in full bloom should be in no less than 2 gallon, 3-5 gallon is ideal, and if you're going for a monster plant I'd say at least 10 gallons.

Back
Top Bottom