New to page and new to growing: need help deciding on a strain!

GreenBeen

420 Member
Hey everybody. I’m new to the pages and just starting to grow. My names Josh and at the moment I’m gathering supplies to start a tent grow. I’m going to try a bubble ponic set up. 2x2x4 tent with a 1000 watt LED.
I don’t know what strain to go with. I ordered and have recieved a bunch of seeds. amnesia haze, white widow, gorilla glue, black indica, OG kush, northern lights. It’s hard to decide!
I’m happy to be on this site. I’ve spent hours reading and viewing the pictures on here!!

Hey everybody. I’m new to the pages and just starting to grow. My names Josh and at the moment I’m gathering supplies to start a tent grow. I’m going to try a bubble ponic set up. 2x2x4 tent with a 1000 watt LED.
I don’t know what strain to go with. I ordered and have recieved a bunch of seeds. amnesia haze, white widow, gorilla glue, black indica, OG kush, northern lights. It’s hard to decide!
I’m happy to be on this site. I’ve spent hours reading and viewing the pictures on here!!
Welcome, I am sure no one will have an opinion, lol. One of the easiest strains to grow is the Northern Lights. Old dependable strain. Good luck

:welcome: to :420: Josh:passitleft:

I have a W.W, GG#4, and a couple OG's in my rotation, they're all easy to grow...now as far as your bubble ponic set-up...if you've never grown before I recommend soil, as it's more forgiving...I've tried hydro, coco, hempy, soil...and organic soil has the best results IMO as far as taste and potency :goodluck::peace:

I agree on the ww and NL for the first round. I have both going (as autos) for my first time in years and I'm glad I chose them to get back I to it. They are forgiving and grow vigorously. Best of luck. GG4 sounds amazing though.

2x2x4 tent with a 1000 watt LED.

what are the specs on that light ? zero chance it is 1000w. you would need a dedicated circuit and special outlets to draw that much.

LED manufacturers use a complicated method to reach an estimated equivalent wattage. it is not to be trusted. proper builders will list the actual wall draw. if the actual draw is not listed, look at the driver, the max wattage it pulls from the wall should be listed on the driver itself.

it is absolutely crucial to understand lighting. not one single thing will impact your grow more, both positive or negative, than the lighting. get the the wrong light and you will struggle for months.

Thanks
what are the specs on that light ? zero chance it is 1000w. you would need a dedicated circuit and special outlets to draw that much.

LED manufacturers use a complicated method to reach an estimated equivalent wattage. it is not to be trusted. proper builders will list the actual wall draw. if the actual draw is not listed, look at the driver, the max wattage it pulls from the wall should be listed on the driver itself.

it is absolutely crucial to understand lighting. not one single thing will impact your grow more, both positive or negative, than the lighting. get the the wrong light and you will struggle for months.
thanks for that info. I’ll have to read the box and the booklet.
That being said, so my 400 watt metal halide isn’t 400 watts? And my 1000 watt hps isn’t actually 1000 watts. I had no idea of this. I’ll look into it as I definitely want the best lighting I can have in my little tent. Thanks again!

Hps/mh is actual draw. That’s why it has that fancy power supply. I don’t know about the blurple lights but I know my BudgetLED light came with a power supply and is rated for actual wattage.

good luck friend

you would need a dedicated circuit and special outlets to draw that much.

you have me a little confused. I’ve ran 2 1k watt hid lights on the same circuit. With no issues?

usually you are spot on so I think im just not understanding your comment.

:green_heart:

it is only the LED lighting that uses that stupid rating method

you have me a little confused. I’ve ran 2 1k watt hid lights on the same circuit. With no issues?

usually you are spot on so I think im just not understanding your comment.

a lot has to do with the ballasts. if you have a pre-digital ballast you have to wire it specifically for the draw. we used to open them up and wire them for the light and circuit we would run. use to need special plugs for anything over standard house current.

the current ballasts have negated the need to do so. a lot of the digital ones will sense what circuit they are on, and will automatically step it down. the two 1000K ballasts were probably not drawing anywhere near. the only way to be sure is to measure what they pull at the outlet.

one of my friends is running one of my 30+ year old pre-digital ballasts. will try get a pic for interest sake if he's not too paranoid. it looks totally industrial and nothing like the new ones.

I’d love to see that. I’ve read about how dj short learned to make the set up and it sounds like what you might be describing. Would be cool to see how far the industry has came

Hiya - (UK) household circuit will supply 3120W per outlet which if 100% efficient would be equivalent to sunshine
If only... However, full spectrum LEDs that actually draw 100w is equivalent PAR to 400w HPS/MH so fine; ignore the the BS about 1Kw lights, no LEDs use 1Kw, they just tell you that's the eq - I tested two that actually drew 10w (Chinese shite)
Still using a 5YO Vipar FS that draws 130w and getting donkey dick WW, JH, BB & AK coco organic
Think I may be stoned

I am also a new grower and I picked one that was easy for beginners. I have a white widow auto flower growing now (grow journal in progress) and She has been super easy, no issues so far, andhave zkittles seeds ready to go next, they are also autos.

Back
Top Bottom