First time growers white widow / big bud.

Hi sed, best of luck with your grow.
First time grow ey, ain't it exciting!?! U'l find yourself thinking of nothing but your babies!

Whilst 600 w isn't optimal it's also not a kick in the nuts away from what ur plants will be satisfied with, don't be too worried about lack of light in the short run, you may feel they will benefit from more come flowering and as suggested by UntamedFox adding some CFL's is a cost effective and relatively low heat option... something to consider.

On another note, from the pics ur soil looks fairly dense, did you pack it down? Forgive me if not, its hard to gather from pics but I like the soil mix loose and airy to give the roots every chance to thrive, particualy when young. When filling my pots i loosley fill and just tap the pots; no pressing or packing down.

They look healthy though dude, good stuff. Also try aranging ur pots as much under the light as possible and simply rotate the ones on the outside with the ones directly under the light.

Hope to be of some help & I look forward to watching ur grow flourish.

:peace: bro

Hi sed, best of luck with your grow.
First time grow ey, ain't it exciting!?! U'l find yourself thinking of nothing but your babies!

Whilst 600 w isn't optimal it's also not a kick in the nuts away from what ur plants will be satisfied with, don't be too worried about lack of light in the short run, you may feel they will benefit from more come flowering and as suggested by UntamedFox adding some CFL's is a cost effective and relatively low heat option... something to consider.

On another note, from the pics ur soil looks fairly dense, did you pack it down? Forgive me if not, its hard to gather from pics but I like the soil mix loose and airy to give the roots every chance to thrive, particualy when young. When filling my pots i loosley fill and just tap the pots; no pressing or packing down.

They look healthy though dude, good stuff. Also try aranging ur pots as much under the light as possible and simply rotate the ones on the outside with the ones directly under the light.

Hope to be of some help & I look forward to watching ur grow flourish.

:peace: bro

hiya thanks for the comment me and my boyfriend have now moved the pots into 2 lines instead of in a circle so they get equal amount of light. we are using coco mix soil so its fairly loose anyway i wouldn't say we packed it but had to push it up the side of the stems just to stabalise them for the time being until they get stronger im glad u are looking 4 ward to helping and watching our grow flourish as i have said b4 we need ll the advice available and we do appreciate it.:thanks::cheer::grinjoint:

hiya thanks for the comment me and my boyfriend have now moved the pots into 2 lines instead of in a circle so they get equal amount of light. we are using coco mix soil so its fairly loose anyway i wouldn't say we packed it but had to push it up the side of the stems just to stabalise them for the time being until they get stronger im glad u are looking 4 ward to helping and watching our grow flourish as i have said b4 we need ll the advice available and we do appreciate it.:thanks::cheer::grinjoint:

Sounds good, they should be getting the most from that light now and good to hear ur grow medium is in order. Its a pleasure to watch ur grow & offer a lil advice where I feel I can help.

Looking forward to the next pics update :bong:

Lookin' good guys! Just becareful with your first nutrient feedings - it's easy to burn young plants. The general recommendation from the site is 1/4 strength of the recommended dosage, then move up from there. You can always add more later, but you can't take it back after you've poured it in the soil.

+reps for luck!

Lookin' good guys! Just becareful with your first nutrient feedings - it's easy to burn young plants. The general recommendation from the site is 1/4 strength of the recommended dosage, then move up from there. You can always add more later, but you can't take it back after you've poured it in the soil.

+reps for luck!

Hiya thanks for Ur comment and im glad they are looking good we have been giving our babies less than the recommended dosage as when we looked at what we had to give them we thought it might over power them so we are doing just under half of the recommended dosage fingers crossed. :thanks::rollit:

yea, definitely better to under nute them than to over nute them. u can always add, takin away without flooding is a real pain... good advice

sorry i have'nt been posting got a bit of a prob as i have now got the pot'ss in a line under the light but the one's directly under the light don't seem to be growing as fast as the other's also have a big heat issue in the tent have a 125mm extractor fan going and a little desk fan blowing across the light but dose'nt seem to change the temp one bit! what can i do to sort this out? thank's

personally I like to use an inch of exhaust per hundred watts I use, I.E. 6" for a 600, 4" for a 400, I use a bathroom fan for my floro's. raise the light a touch as the plants under the light should have outgrown the rest, they may be suffering instead of thriving. what is the temp in your tent? Heat can be a huge limiting factor, even if everything is perfect but the temps, you will have problems. You gotta address it asap, leaving the "door" open with a fan blowing room temp air in may help temporarily. Good Luck :)

pot6.jpg
pot42.jpg
pot5.jpg
pot31.jpg

these photo's are about a week old and can't take anymore as my girl friend is a way and has the digi cam!

I've moved the extractor fan outside the tent with the ducting running in up to the carbon filter in the top corner and put the desk fan outside so it blow's cooler air into the tent through a vent at the bottom but it's still 30 to 35 degrees at the top of the pot's where the thermometer is ! can't seem to get any better than this ! as for the plant's in the middle not growing as quick i have moved them into a circle and see how they get on like that!

white_widow3.jpg

This is our white widow well one of them is she doing ok??

our_babies_at_5_weeks.jpg

All of them together

is_this_mould.jpg

is this mold or the nutrients in the water i am abit worried.

brown_spots_2.jpg

Brown spots are appearing on a few leaves what is it??

Is_this_a_burn_of_a_defiancy.jpg

this is only on the one leaf.

will upload some more pics in the next week as they are growing so much each day, thanks for taking a look at them and thanks for leaving any comments we appreciate it.

:rollit::thanks:

I'm also a new grower, but I'm also 33 days into my first White Widow grow and your plants are lookin' good to me. I'm not sure what those brown spots on the leaves are, it could be slight nute burn though. I'd just be worried if spread rapidly from leaf to leaf, normally from the bottom to the top.

The soil coloration; how long did it take for that to appear? Did you pour water all over the soil or just in that area?

Your plants look good to me though!

Are you planning on topping or LSTing your plants?

Hi Sed, any luck with the heat issue yet? I was wondering, is the thermometer in the light? this will give a high reading. From where I am it looks like salt on your soil, is that what it appears to be up close? if so your probably way over nuting, could also be your tap water quality. I would deffinately check the tap water with a ph and ppm pen and see whats up with it. Good Luck

What amount of nutrients have you fed them? And is your water straight from the tap? Are you measuring pH?

It's best to use the cleanest water possible so you know you're starting with JUST water and not all the other sh*t that comes out of our faucets. I've yet to invest in an RO filter, but I currently pay $.27/gallon of water at my local grocery store. I used about 7 gallons a week now that I'm watering every three to four days. You can use your own containers at the grocery store, or you can buy one of their containers.

What amount of nutrients have you fed them? And is your water straight from the tap? Are you measuring pH?

It's best to use the cleanest water possible so you know you're starting with JUST water and not all the other sh*t that comes out of our faucets. I've yet to invest in an RO filter, but I currently pay $.27/gallon of water at my local grocery store. I used about 7 gallons a week now that I'm watering every three to four days. You can use your own containers at the grocery store, or you can buy one of their containers.

Hiya thanks for ur comment we are using normal tap water so not the best option. we feed them just under the reccommened dosage as we were told its best to do a litle under than a bit over as it can burn the plants. we do measure our ph and its 6.4. :grinjoint:

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom