First Hydro Grow - White Widow Feminized Seeds

We are day 5 into our seedlings. 8 out of the 10 have emerged from the rockwool and have a couple leaves already. One is about 2 inches tall!

Our other plants are doing great! It seems like they were happy to get rid of the male and have some more room, they are branching out all over.

I won't have time for more pictures until Monday. Give you an update then!

HELP! My plants are growing like crazy. Not that it's a bad thing, but it's getting very close to my light, and I can't raise it any further. We've kept it 18" from the light all along, and now we are about 15" away. Should I tie it down, by bending it? We trimmed the tops at the end of the veg cycle, and I don't think I should do that anymore...
I'll post pics shortly!

yeah if you're running out of vertical space, i would definitely start to LST them by tying them down a bit. It will also help to get more light to more areas of your plant resulting in better bud production.

Here are some pics. We've noticed that one of the plants is different from the rest. Although we have no idea what any of them are. Is there a pictorial somewhere to identify strands???
Our seedlings are definitely ready for transplants into the hydro, unfortunately payday isn't until tomorrow, so we will get the stuff then.
Here are some pics

03113.JPG

What am I??
03232.JPG

03311.JPG

03426.JPG

One seed can't seem to emerge
03627.JPG

03531.JPG

LST = Low stress training.. basically, you train the plants to grow in the direction you choose by tying the plant down in certain areas. It is much easier to start this when the plants are smaller as they bend easier, but still can be done on mature plants as long as you are careful not to break the stems.

Not only will you get more vertical space, but you will be opening up more areas of the plant for the light to reach, therefore promoting more lower growth and more buds

I ran a search for LST in the photo gallery and came up with quite a few images. Here they are for some visual reference
lst_10_1.JPG

LST-1.jpg

Ya, they are stretched. We haven't had them under any direct light, just what is in the room right now on 12/12. Tomorrow we will be moving them under flouresents. Hopefully they will strengthen from there.

Another question... we have been thinning our plants leaves periodically to allow light in. Is it worth saving these leaves for canabutter, or will they not be potent because they haven't gone through the whole grow cycle?

Another question... we have been thinning our plants leaves periodically to allow light in. Is it worth saving these leaves for canabutter, or will they not be potent because they haven't gone through the whole grow cycle?

If trichome prodution has started then they are useful, otherwise just toss them. With respect to leaf trimming, do so with care. Those leaves are the powerhouses of the plants. I also trim large fan leaves away, but not until the last 3-4 weeks of the cycle. It's a bit of a black art to know when and how much to trim, but you need to be very careful with your trimming.

Well, yesterday was the big day! We moved our seedlings to their new home in our MegaGarden ebb & flow system.
PH- 6.0
PPM- 593
Temp - 77
Humidity - 50%

We just installed two grow lights today, but we aren't sure if it's enough. We may need to get more.
Time for pics!

Baby #1
001153.JPG

002194.JPG

003162.JPG

Been awhile since I updated... our test grow is slowly progressing. The room has been hotter than we like and I think it may be effecting somethings. Not sure what though!

The babies are growing, but they are still stretching too, and that has me a bit worried. I think I need to get some more lights in there, so that is on the agenda for tomorrow. Money has been a little tight. I feel like they should be a little further along too, this is 20 days from the start of the seed soaking, and 7 days since we moved them into their pots.
Maybe I'm just expecting too much?!?!

001159.JPG

002203.JPG

003170.JPG

006148.JPG

Haven't really been documenting much here. I've only been able to grab a few pics when i peek at the ladies.
As of last Thursday, the babies are about 15cm. Our bagseed is doing well, although they seem to be progressing slowly. We didn't track the timing very well, so they could be right on.
Time for some pics!!
008155.JPG

009133.JPG

006151.JPG

007150.JPG

005174.JPG

004173.JPG

003177.JPG

It's been a couple busy weeks, so we haven't done too much monitoring of our plants.
The babies are about 25cm tall. We are going to FIM them next week. We had great luck doing that with our bag seed. The plane we chopped the most has tons of branches, and they are solid buds! The largets plant also has some spots on their leaves that I need to research as well as new growth at the top, which makes no sense whatsoever. It should be within weeks of harvest! One of the other bagseed plants is nearing completion. We are going to go with the thought that if you think it's ready, wait a week. Unfortunately, we can't control the lighting with all the plants at different stages, so we are going to have to skip the 48 hours of darkness. We are going to remove it from the rest of the pumping and flush it manually for 2 days.
Time for pictures!
003181.JPG

Pictures not the best, but can you see the new growth shooting off the top?
001169.JPG

I've got the same new growth on my bagseed sativa - the calyxes below are filling out, but the top looks just like yours, and they are 10 weeks in 12/12 - seems like it just doesn't want to stop growing!

Do you have a microscope so you can see the color of your trichomes?

No, I don't have a microscope... I was going to try a magnifying glass and see if that works. I noticed that my pumps were running full time instead of intermitantly with the timer. Maybe that contibuted to the new growth????

That could... good thing you caught it, I've rotted my roots leaving the pump on...

They sell a $12 microscope on Amazon, which is the only way I know to see the individual heads - I've guessed at it with a macro lens photo, but it's hard to see the colors and transparency of the tricomes with anything less than 20x magnification.

Well a lot has been happening!
Today, we pulled 2 of our plants to dry. They were progressing much faster than our "monster", and were 20% clear 80% cloudy/amber on the trichs.
Our monster is just starting to get cloudy.
This bagseed has been in the flowering stage for 66 days.

This is the runt...
007160.JPG

This is the mid-size plant being pulled to
008163.JPG

Hanging to dry!
010146.JPG

This is the Monster, who keeps growing! Each branch is solid bud. Wish we would have had a chance to clone her. She was the 1st to be FIM'd
013117.JPG

Our White Widow has been in the vegetative state for 6 weeks exactly and are ready to move. We just need to wait for the space next week.

Today, we FIM'd the WW and used the toppings to hopefully create some clones. First time at that, so we'll see how we do. Some of the plants are thin and stretched, so we took it easy on them. 3 others are nice and bushy, so we removed some of the large fan leaves. One of them is also the runt, but has a nice cluster of leaves. We numbered them all to keep track of what we do to them and how they react. It was easy with 3, but not with 9 plants & 9 clones,

42 days of the veg state, before the FIM - Forgot to take pics after the haircut.
011125.JPG

Clones, hopefully planning on rooting!
014103.JPG

Back
Top Bottom