1st LED Hydroponic White Widow Grow

Scroll up 4 posts...

Hay man everything is looking great ill help if I can. haven't really grown in a lil over a year so I'm a lil being on the growing scene. I had just started using led when I stopped so I'm really interested in seeing other people's grows with them to see where they have gone. can you tell me what kinda led light your using?

Hi Jrad, good work man, the plants are really coming along.
In my opinion don't follow the nutrient guide that came with the closets. Right now your perfect with PPM's around 500-600, Try to keep them at this lvl until you flip to flower. Any more than this and you will be overfeeding. Once you flip to flower follow the chart for what products to use, but try and keep the PPM around 700-800. Your plants will be better off for it, I swear. This is what I'm going to do in my 2nd round grow in both my closets.
In the end do what you want, but as I mentioned in earlier post, I know I overfed my plants last grow, and I followed the chart.
Good Luck either way my friend. ;)

PS. Use the Magi-cal at the strength the chart suggests. The plant needs its Calcium and Magnesium.

Hey guys sorry for the late update. I was planning to do them weekly, but I have been super busy (midterms):( ...Anyways there was an unfortunate event this last thursday. I was watering my plants via my 5 gallon water jug, my hands were slightly wet ..the jug slipped out of my hands and I snapped the stem off an entire plant. Long story short there was no way to save the plant. So as of now I currently have 5 widows in my growbox and they're all still doing great! We're at day 24 here, got the scrog built and put in place. And the water changed out.
PH: 5.7
TDS:588
Temperature:81F
Humidity:46%

photo_2272.JPG
photo542.jpg

Seeing some nice growth, how are you finding the undergrowth? Any wilting leaves with the blocking of light? And wondering what you're planning in terms of switching to flower?

Seeing some nice growth, how are you finding the undergrowth? Any wilting leaves with the blocking of light? And wondering what you're planning in terms of switching to flower?

So far so good, no wilting leaves. I am planning to start my flower at the end of week 4. So day 28, this sunday! Although now I'm thinking that 5 plants was too many for my growspace, next grow Im only going to do 2-3.

Hey so I followed your grow journal, but I didnt see any pics of your cured WW at the end ...only Master Kush. I was just wondering if you had any pics of the finished White Widow?

Hi Jrad, of the 3 strains I grew, I like the White Widow the best for effect, it gets me nice and high. ;)

IMG_000187.JPG

IMG_000679.JPG

Hey everyone plants are doing great. Today is day 27, I was going to wait untill Day 30 to begin Flowering, but they have just been growing like craazzzzzy ..One of my plants is like double the size of all the others ..so I started low stress training the top of it to fill out the space left by the one I killed :'(

Everything seems to be going great! Today I changed out the veg nutrients w/ the flowering nutrients ...and tonight the lights start their 12-12 cycle. Flowereing Day 1:

PH:5.8
TDS: 877
Temperature: 86F
Humidity: 44%

photo_8_32.jpg
photo_9_46.jpg

Hey everyone so today is day 7 of flower. The plants have really started to fill up the box. I was originally trying to low stress train the top of the largest plant, but unfortunately it snapped overnight. ....On the bright side it looks like it actually worked out in my favor as it basically topped itself and has since grown two new main stems. I had a couple quick questions as far as trimming fan leaves go.

1. When is the best time to trim fan leaves?
2. Pros/cons associated with trimming fan leaves?

Temperature:86
Humidity: 63%
TDS:513

Hopefully only 8 more weeks to go!
photo546.jpg
photo546.JPG

Hi Jrad, they are looking great man, nice work.:thumb: I flipped my second grow yesterday, so you are 1 week ahead of me .:)

To answer your questions, you can trim out pretty much everything under the screen at day 21 of flower, or at least trim anything below the net that isn't getting any direct light. There are a couple of reasons and benefits for doing this.

1-The plant is usually done stretch by day 21 of flower, so anything that isn't above the screen or getting direct light by then, won't ever probably. Trim it out so that your plant is using its energy to grow buds at the top, not keeping alive little premature buds that will never get nice under the canopy. It basically forces your plant to work on nice cola's instead of small stuff at the bottom.

2-Once you clean out the bottom, the humidity issue will be easier to manage. 64% Relative Humidity (RH) is high for flower. I would suggest getting yourself a second 4 inch fan from walmart or lowes etc.. they cost 10$. Once your done the clean up under the screen put the second fan down there to help air flow. It decreases chance of bugs etc and also helps to lower the humidity in the closet.

Hope this helps man, if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.;)
Your grow is coming along great, keep it up.:thumb:

Hey everyone, so today is Day 16 of Flower. Sorry for being so irregular with my updates, I've just been so caught up lately. But anyways, the plants are doing great! To you guys who are continuing to follow and help out I've really appreciated all the help and support so far! I ran into some trouble with my air filters. Because of how close they were placed together, I was unable to pull my light all they way to the roof of the grow cabinet. This decreased the height in my grow space by about 8 inches. :( On about day 14, the main cola's had begun to form, almost in direct contact with the light. Fearing for my girls, I managed to wedge and jimmy rig the above the carbon air filters. Securing it with metal wire, theres now a good 8-10 inches left for the ladies to grow. :) With that said, Here are to girls.

FLOWERING DAY 16
FLOWERD16.JPG
FLOWERED16.JPG

So today is day 21 of Flower and I have to say everything is looking great. Baby buds are popping up everywhere! I've been hearing that white widow usually goes anywhere from 60-65 days, so lets hope only about 40 more days lol. If anyone knows how long their white widow's took please let me know. :)

TDS:890
Temp:88F
Humidity:54%
photo554.JPG
photo_1_114.JPG
photo_2_96.JPG

Looking great JRAD. :thumb:
I left my WW to 70 days but it was ready after 65, I just wanted to harvest it at the same time as the other strain I was growing. Best way to judge ripeness is to use a jewlers loop or magnifying glass to look at the tricombs. You want cloudy for head/cerebral high, and more amber tricombs for more of a couch lock high.

Looking great JRAD. :thumb:
I left my WW to 70 days but it was ready after 65, I just wanted to harvest it at the same time as the other strain I was growing. Best way to judge ripeness is to use a jewlers loop or magnifying glass to look at the tricombs. You want cloudy for head/cerebral high, and more amber tricombs for more of a couch lock high.

Thanks Stealthgrow! Also another quick question, which week does the most growth on the buds occur ... Like between weeks 3-6??

Week 2 buds usually start to develop, and continue till around week 6, then the last 2 to 3 weeks they bulk up and swell.

Day 21 today, you should do the defoliation under the screen, its the perfect time. Remove any leaves that aren't getting any direct light below the screen. The bottom of the plants below the screen should pretty much be bare stalks, no leaves.
Any of the Big fan leaves above the screen with stems an inch and a half, or longer, and are blocking light to lower bud site can also be removed, but this is a personal preference and entirely up to you. Overall the defoliation above and below the screen will really help with air flow, humidity and light to all your bud sites.

Good luck buddy. ;)

P.S

I'm on day 14 since flip today on my 2nd White Widow grow.
I was able to fill my entire 2x3 foot screen with 1 plant. ;)

IMG_000685.JPG

I used the screen that came with my closets as a second level screen to help support and keep the taller branches bent over.
IMG_000875.JPG

IMG_002349.JPG

Back
Top Bottom