Kalorius' Hydroponic White Widow Grow Journal 2013!

Hm. I thought that GH was supposed to be used with RO water? And in the lucas formula you are using 8 ml pr gallon of flora micro. Which i was under the impression should cover the nees for cal/mag.

GH does make a hardwater version of Flora Micro, so I suppose you could say the other version is intended for RO. I'm using GH Flora with RO, and I still add calmag. I think cannabis likes a little more Ca and Mg than other plants. GH Flora is only for cannabis, in theory at least. :biglaugh:

I'm only vaguely familiar with Lucas formula. I know it uses GH Flora and it's an add back system. That's about all I know. :)

GH does make a hardwater version of Flora Micro, so I suppose you could say the other version is intended for RO. I'm using GH Flora with RO, and I still add calmag. I think cannabis likes a little more Ca and Mg than other plants. GH Flora is only for cannabis, in theory at least. :biglaugh:

I'm only vaguely familiar with Lucas formula. I know it uses GH Flora and it's an add back system. That's about all I know. :)

The lucas formula is in essence a nute mix of bloom and micro in a 2:1 ratio. Made for simplicity and (supposedly) eliminating the need for extra adfitives.

What is your opinion on defoliating large fan leaves during veg and flower to increase light penetration?

What is your opinion on defoliating large fan leaves during veg and flower to increase light penetration?

There are many varied opinions on this. It is totally up to you. It has not been proven (I don't think) to increase or decrease yield. In my honest opinion, if it's in the way of a bud site, I'd trim it. Bud heavy de-foliation during flowering MAY slow her up a little.

During veg, you can do pretty much whatever you want to the plants with little to no ill effect

In the end, it's totally up to you :)

:peace: mono

There are many varied opinions on this. It is totally up to you. It has not been proven (I don't think) to increase or decrease yield. In my honest opinion, if it's in the way of a bud site, I'd trim it. Bud heavy de-foliation during flowering MAY slow her up a little.

During veg, you can do pretty much whatever you want to the plants with little to no ill effect

In the end, it's totally up to you :)

:peace: mono

I think i'll try to periodically defoliate half of the plants, and compare the difference in yield. Going to be interesting, i think

The lucas formula is in essence a nute mix of bloom and micro in a 2:1 ratio. Made for simplicity and (supposedly) eliminating the need for extra adfitives.

I defoliate.

I think i'll try to periodically defoliate half of the plants, and compare the difference in yield. Going to be interesting, i think

As long as they are all clones of the same plant, it should be a valid experiment.

Defol can improve yield, but it is less clear if it improves total yield over many cycles. Defoliation will slow growth briefly. In veg, it just means you might need to wait a little longer before you flip. In flower, it can be used to help manage the stretch and maintain an even canopy. I think it DOES make the buds larger by forcing the resources being sent to that node to go into the branch, where the flowers are, rather than making the leaf bigger. What I'm less sure of is if it affects flowering time. I don't think it affects flowering time, but it affects veg time for sure. This is why it's not clear if defoliation helps when you factor in the number of harvests per year.

I defoliate.

As long as they are all clones of the same plant, it should be a valid experiment.

Defol can improve yield, but it is less clear if it improves total yield over many cycles. Defoliation will slow growth briefly. In veg, it just means you might need to wait a little longer before you flip. In flower, it can be used to help manage the stretch and maintain an even canopy. I think it DOES make the buds larger by forcing the resources being sent to that node to go into the branch, where the flowers are, rather than making the leaf bigger. What I'm less sure of is if it affects flowering time. I don't think it affects flowering time, but it affects veg time for sure. This is why it's not clear if defoliation helps when you factor in the number of harvests per year.

Interesting. Well, they are not clones, so i guess my experiment isn't valid. :winkyface:
But since my goal is most bud pr. watt, i guess i can't hurt.

After reading Heath Robinsons grow journals (Geez, f***** legendary) i'm thinking of hanging my bulb vertically and ditching the Scrog for a vertical cylindrical screen that can keep the leaves out of the bulb.

I didn't want to suggest the experiment wasn't valuable. Sorry if it came across that way. You will for sure learn something valuable from it.

You'll do fine. :)

Time for an update. 4 weeks in flower. Using GHE three-part with AN Big Bud and a free sample of bud candy. Have defoliated slightly to make space and improve light penetration.

null-9.jpg

null-10.jpg

null-11.jpg

null-12.jpg

And an aero cloner i built for fun. Hope it works!

null-7.jpg

null-6.jpg

Looking good man. Great actually. But I can completely see you in the window reflection of your back door might wanna address that unless u aren't worried about it. Bad for security

Haha. I noticed. Well, i figure if the NSA really wants to bust me all over here in northern europe, my reflection in a window ain't gonna make much of a difference ;)

I.was thinking more along the lines of home invasion, no sense in letting everyone know what you look like. A lot of euros on here I wouldn't be surprised to learn a few lived close and at least one would have no issue taking what's not theirs. Its a disturbing trend out my way which is why ull never see more than a.pantleg in my pics. I'm legal but I don't need to deal with cops cause some moron thought my house would be a good place to get shot. Ya know? Lol. Just looking out. Gov is the least of my worries.

I.was thinking more along the lines of home invasion, no sense in letting everyone know what you look like. A lot of euros on here I wouldn't be surprised to learn a few lived close and at least one would have no issue taking what's not theirs. Its a disturbing trend out my way which is why ull never see more than a.pantleg in my pics. I'm legal but I don't need to deal with cops cause some moron thought my house would be a good place to get shot. Ya know? Lol. Just looking out. Gov is the least of my worries.

Appreciate it. And i see your point, but again. I'm just not too worried. I think it's a different ball game here. Our murderrate is 1/5 of you in the states, so getting shot is really not my biggest concern! But thanks for looking out!

Back
Top Bottom