1st LED Hydroponic White Widow Grow

JRAD
Nice set up! That WW will be dangerous when completed........
I'm in the process of setting up a little LED grow with a DWC/ Aero unit and will be purchasing the LED this weekend - was thinking of KIND, Advanced DS, GroBlu, or Black Dod and was wondering what steered you to the KIND LED? They look like a well built light with a large spectrum. Would appreaciate your thoughts. The area will be 3' x 4'.

Thanks
My Setup is actually from Supercloset, I have the LED Superstar Model, which came with the grow light. So I actually didn't get to choose my light, although so far I am pretty impressed. In comparison to other LED lights I have seen, the KIND light seems very well made. I would warn you though to stray away from inexpensive LED lights because what I've gathered is you get what you pay for. But having said that I'm no expert in the field, I've seen great things with the Advanced DS too. Take a look at stealthgrows plants, he's using the same lighting and his girls look amazing! My light is about 200w for a 2'x4' space so I would think a 300w light would work for your space.

Nice grow Jrad I'm looking forward to watching this one, just a little word of advice I was the 1st person to attempt to answer your questions when you started this thread trying to be as helpful as I can using 7 years of experience and happened to have grown white widow twice and as much as I don't want to course bad vibes on this site as this site provides the opposite to that, that's why I joined a thank you might have been welcome.

Huh?

plants are looking very nice Jrad, I love the explosive growth in DWC, keep up the good work. ;)

Hey Stealthgrow! Sorry to keep asking you so many questions lol. But about those lights again ...the plants have really started taking off and I don't wanna accidentally leave the light too close. So During the veg how often are you moving your lights up? everyday? weekly? :)

Hey Stealthgrow! Sorry to keep asking you so many questions lol. But about those lights again ...the plants have really started taking off and I don't wanna accidentally leave the light too close. So During the veg how often are you moving your lights up? everyday? weekly? :)

Hi Jrad, I'm glad things are going so well for you, and ask as many questions as you need buddy, I don't mind at all.
I moved up the lights as required to keep them about 24 inches above the plants the whole grow until they were at the max height. Then just let the plants grow up into the light, once they got to close to the light in my smaller closet, I supercropped them to get them out of way. In the taller 6 foot closet this wasn't an issue.

Keep up the good work my friend. ;)

Thanks for the info JRAD, I just went through Stealths thread and almost want to get one of those SUPERCLOSETS - very nice setup! The price is a little steep but you are right - you get what you pay for - in this circumstance anyway.

I'll be following your progress and wish you complete sucsess!
Good Luck and Thanks

Hi Jrad, I'm glad things are going so well for you, and ask as many questions as you need buddy, I don't mind at all.
I moved up the lights as required to keep them about 24 inches above the plants the whole grow until they were at the max height. Then just let the plants grow up into the light, once they got to close to the light in my smaller closet, I supercropped them to get them out of way. In the taller 6 foot closet this wasn't an issue.

Keep up the good work my friend. ;)

Haha Well Thank you stealthgrow! Good luck on your harvest today! Your buds are looking amazing!

Hello everyone. So the plants are at the end of week two today, and I have to say they're looking great! Im getting more and more excited by the day. I am planning on making a more sturdy net trellis because the one included doesn't look like it will support my plants. I've heard differing opinions, but how far apart should I make the spacing's in my trellis 2''x2'', 3''x3'', 4''x4''. Thanks :)
photo_2_95.JPG
photo539.jpg
photo_1_112.jpg

Looking great Jrad. I made my squares 3x3 and it worked out perfect, not too big, not too small.

I harvested today, feel free to check out my update on either of my grows, and I got a new journal I'm gonna start tomorrow doing 2 White Widows in one closet and 3 Master Kush in the other.

Keep up the good work.;)

I'm so on board with this. Your plants look a bit ahead of mine, def fatter! I've been tweaking my system and kind of felt "alone" as Stealth was so far ahead of my grow obviously (props on the crop Stealthy!). I'm moving my light up now as I've just read through your journal and my light is just over a foot above them and I think I'm getting some burn.

I'm using AN Connoisseur and just added Voodoo and B52 on my change tonight. My ppm is pushing mid 700's, and frankly I'm paranoid as hell about killing them. LOL I'm hoping I can establish some good growth and the paranoia of killing them off wears down. I'm growing 2 pineapple express plants. I started with 4 seeds, one didn't pop and one plant grew like 3 inches in a week, then the leaves went PURE white and I broke em off. Funny thing is now I have a living stem with 2 leaves that are maybe 0.25cm long and wont grow. lol Anyway, my 2 plants are looking mediocre/healthy, I like how fat those leaves are on your grow there.

Looking forward to this!

I like the idea of covering the pots with foil, does this affect anything in the water? They only shipped me 8 cups so I have 8 holes in mine and have had to improv with some red solo cups, I was losing a tonne of water, those bubbles over the course of a 24hr period amount to a lot of popping! What is your current PPM using the nute kit that came with the closet?

Hey thanks for the tips! They're looking much healthier now, and they have really taken a liking to the lighting adjustment!
photo538.JPG
photo538.jpg

I happened to google Kind LED the other day and I believe they are the same company as Supercloset. Same guy doing the videos anyway. Regardless, SC customer service has been good to me, BBB A+ rating, good warranty. It may be a startup in the LED game but I can tell your firsthand, if you open that door with the LED and T5's on, your eyes get a huge dose of rays and the build quality of the light itself is quite impressive. I'm glad I did the upgrade if not only for the heat control.

JRAD
Nice set up! That WW will be dangerous when completed........
I'm in the process of setting up a little LED grow with a DWC/ Aero unit and will be purchasing the LED this weekend - was thinking of KIND, Advanced DS, GroBlu, or Black Dod and was wondering what steered you to the KIND LED? They look like a well built light with a large spectrum. Would appreaciate your thoughts. The area will be 3' x 4'.

Thanks

I'm so on board with this. Your plants look a bit ahead of mine, def fatter! I've been tweaking my system and kind of felt "alone" as Stealth was so far ahead of my grow obviously (props on the crop Stealthy!). I'm moving my light up now as I've just read through your journal and my light is just over a foot above them and I think I'm getting some burn.

I'm using AN Connoisseur and just added Voodoo and B52 on my change tonight. My ppm is pushing mid 700's, and frankly I'm paranoid as hell about killing them. LOL I'm hoping I can establish some good growth and the paranoia of killing them off wears down. I'm growing 2 pineapple express plants. I started with 4 seeds, one didn't pop and one plant grew like 3 inches in a week, then the leaves went PURE white and I broke em off. Funny thing is now I have a living stem with 2 leaves that are maybe 0.25cm long and wont grow. lol Anyway, my 2 plants are looking mediocre/healthy, I like how fat those leaves are on your grow there.

Looking forward to this!
Hey Mainframe welcome to the grow and thanks for stoping by! Currently my ppm ranges between 350-450 between the two reservoir's. I would move your light up and change out your water; My grow charts says ppm shouldn't reach 700 until the pre-flower stage. I definitely think 700 is too high for new plants. About the foil over the cups, I copied stealthgrow, from what I understand light should never enter the reservoir as the roots thrive in complete darkness. Also I'm sure it helps with the evaporation. I hope this helps. :welcome:

Ya, I'll check the ppm tonight and maybe dilute it a bit if it's climbing. Last thing I want is to kill em through overfeeding. I'm using 1/2 the recommended nutes on the AN calculator. My cups just came in the mail, I'm going to foil them up as well because those red cups are certainly not blocking out light. Thanks for the tips.

Hey Mainframe welcome to the grow and thanks for stoping by! Currently my ppm ranges between 350-450 between the two reservoir's. I would move your light up and change out your water; My grow charts says ppm shouldn't reach 700 until the pre-flower stage. I definitely think 700 is too high for new plants. About the foil over the cups, I copied stealthgrow, from what I understand light should never enter the reservoir as the roots thrive in complete darkness. Also I'm sure it helps with the evaporation. I hope this helps. :welcome:

Hey Everyone, So today is Day 16 since they have been planted. Got the water changed out last night and they seem to be doing really great so far ...so I went ahead and gave them the full recommended dosage of Nutes and I will be making my trellis this week. Wish me luck!

Day 16
PH: 5.7
TDS: 513
Temperature: 77F (Lights just came on, Usually around 88F)
Humidity: 44%
photo_4_54.jpg
photo_5_45.jpg

That's some dense bushes! :)

What nutes are you using at this point?

Hey Everyone, So today is Day 16 since they have been planted. Got the water changed out last night and they seem to be doing really great so far ...so I went ahead and gave them the full recommended dosage of Nutes and I will be making my trellis this week. Wish me luck!

Day 16
PH: 5.7
TDS: 513
Temperature: 77F (Lights just came on, Usually around 88F)
Humidity: 44%

That's some dense bushes! :)

What nutes are you using at this point?

Hey mainframe. I am currently using the techna-flora nutrients included with the growbox. I mix it all in a 5 gallon water jug, let it sit for 30 minutes, then split it between the two reservoir's.

*50ml BC Boost
*25ml BC Grow
*25ml Sugar Daddy
*12.5 ml B1Red
*12.5 Magical

Hay man everything is looking great ill help if I can. haven't really grown in a lil over a year so I'm a lil being on the growing scene. I had just started using led when I stopped so I'm really interested in seeing other people's grows with them to see where they have gone. can you tell me what kinda led light your using?

Back
Top Bottom