First time growing autoflower

What's your medium or what are you running it in, soil? What kind?

There is a lot more to this answer. The questions asked in response are the tip if the iceberg.

To cut to the chase ...and not ask my thousand questions.

You feed it veg nutes when the medium runs out of the needed supply in veg. That depends on the medium. Using Hydro is a good medium in which case I let the res readings let me know. Watch the PPM and the volume and it tells me what to do. If I am in soil I use a very weak medium and manually add nutes.

For veg nutes in soil ...since you don't really know the veg time as it is sort of up to you... I add if it asks for it. You should be able to go most of veg without adding nutes. Of course in hydro or some other more managed medium like coco you feed every day basically.

Then it blooms when it does and you can flush and go to bloom nutes.

The point in an auto is to try and keep in in veg as long as possible. You can start them blooming anytime with some stress.

So you want to the to run them low stress as long as they will go then plump em out.qhen they automatically go.

Good luck!

Im also growing 3 autoflower they are 14 days old today, in Promix Hp (i think there is no nutrients in this soil). Should I gave them nutes or not that early with this kind of soil??
D0C154DA-979A-4A4F-8D71-41C84750FF92.jpeg

How big is the pot? Have the roots consumed what's available do you think? I never use that stuff but I hear it is good. I add stuff when doing soil.

I would think there is yet a lot of space for your roots to go that have pleanty of nutes for some time. You really need to get reasonably close to having roots everywhere in the pot to have burned down the medium. Unless it has nothing like coco.

You have a ways to go for that. Probably at least 2 more weeks. But if it is empty then use something light.

Now some times people stunt plants. Then they can take a long grow. In which case they may need more nutes for the same growth. Sometimes then you have to add more.

In autos depending on the stress stunting may induce early flowering.

So ...if you grow if fast and happy in a big pot the answer is vastly different than slow and stunted in a small pot.

I don't like using less than 7.5 gallons roughly. 5 is the absolute min. 10 or better is what I like so the roots never feel restricted and just keep going.

So in that case if I have a 10 gallon pot you can get through veg well with little if the soil is nice. All depends on the total mix.

There are people here who use that. You could try reposting with a title auto flowe ising promos HP help.

I would use a light veg nute like eleanor's VF 11 at low dose until she showe her sex. I would add a pile of silica, beneficial bacteria and sugar too.

2 weeks though then you sprinkle the top with some earth worm castings at that time.

How big is the pot? Have the roots consumed what's available do you think? I never use that stuff but I hear it is good. I add stuff when doing soil.

I would think there is yet a lot of space for your roots to go that have pleanty of nutes for some time. You really need to get reasonably close to having roots everywhere in the pot to have burned down the medium. Unless it has nothing like coco.

You have a ways to go for that. Probably at least 2 more weeks. But if it is empty then use something light.

Now some times people stunt plants. Then they can take a long grow. In which case they may need more nutes for the same growth. Sometimes then you have to add more.

In autos depending on the stress stunting may induce early flowering.

So ...if you grow if fast and happy in a big pot the answer is vastly different than slow and stunted in a small pot.

I don't like using less than 7.5 gallons roughly. 5 is the absolute min. 10 or better is what I like so the roots never feel restricted and just keep going.

So in that case if I have a 10 gallon pot you can get through veg well with little if the soil is nice. All depends on the total mix.

There are people here who use that. You could try reposting with a title auto flowe ising promos HP help.

I would use a light veg nute like eleanor's VF 11 at low dose until she showe her sex. I would add a pile of silica, beneficial bacteria and sugar too.

2 weeks though then you sprinkle the top with some earth worm castings at that time.
they are in 3 gallon pot for now! i gonna stop the nutes for a week and see from there

Yes, there's not much or anything in pro mix. Great draining medium. I'd back off seeing that burn you appear to have. You could, however, top dress with some EWC or earth worm castings. That's a start with an auto and/or good to keep the soil active. Still trying to build good roots,, and water, good medium, and some EWC will go a long way. Just my two cents.

Im also growing 3 autoflower they are 14 days old today, in Promix Hp (i think there is no nutrients in this soil). Should I gave them nutes or not that early with this kind of soil??
D0C154DA-979A-4A4F-8D71-41C84750FF92.jpeg
member (intheshed) uses promix hp go to his thread in ask him
he uses it alot i think thats all he uses

Na...it ain't like miracle crap. I never used it because I enjoy soil almost more than the plants. Promix HP is very commonly used by cannabis growers as it is good stuff. The perlite ratio is darn close to ideal for cannabis right out of the bag. That is nice and no other bag comes close. All other bags need perlite...and a lot of it. All you need to do with promix HP is add stuff to your liking that is the nutrient stuff. Miracle grow has a bunch of stuff we dont want for a 4 month indoor grow.

Worse than that...miracle grow is like generic stuff that is meant for slow growing plants that sit in it for years.

That promix stuff is good stuff just ...like all bag soil... missing the stuff which makes exceptional plants.

So like depending on what you add it can be awesome.

But again for an auto you wanna run light so it is great for autos. Many use it.

Only newbs use miracle grow until they have problems and figure out it is all due to the medium.

Na...it ain't like miracle crap. I never used it because I enjoy soil almost more than the plants. Promix HP is very commonly used by cannabis growers as it is good stuff. The perlite ratio is darn close to ideal for cannabis right out of the bag. That is nice and no other bag comes close. All other bags need perlite...and a lot of it. All you need to do with promix HP is add stuff to your liking that is the nutrient stuff. Miracle grow has a bunch of stuff we dont want for a 4 month indoor grow.

Worse than that...miracle grow is like generic stuff that is meant for slow growing plants that sit in it for years.

That promix stuff is good stuff just ...like all bag soil... missing the stuff which makes exceptional plants.

So like depending on what you add it can be awesome.

But again for an auto you wanna run light so it is great for autos. Many use it.

Only newbs use miracle grow until they have problems and figure out it is all due to the medium.
A man brother you said micracle crap is far from a miracle.
Get you a good nute like villageidiot is recommending there are plenty to choose from and promix hp you can control what your giving the plant and when instead of soil having it added in and u cant control it till something happens.
Autos are very temperamental to nutes and stress so keep that in mind

I spent the last few years experimenting with autoflowers and have learned a lot about them. The newer strains can get quite large and very high in THC content but they are picky about certain things. They don't like heavy applications of nutes. In fact take what is reccomended and cut that in half and even then you might be a little high with them. Read your leaves to tell you if you are lacking or over doing it with anything. Watch the PH in both your water and your soil. Watch for the early signs of preflower and only then should you switch to a very light application of flowering nutes, I use "Open Sesame" at this point. Feed no more than every ten to 14 days and be sure to flush early because soil takes awhile to flush.
I have run across autoflowers that would not flower on their own before and when they started to get too big, I have had to trigger flowering with the light cycle. One strain in particular that I have had to do this with consistently is Mandarin Haze Auto from Ministry of Cannabis. I know of other growers on other forums that have also had the issue with this strain and when contacted the Breeder says that they have never heard of it. No big deal because the buds that it grew were big and potent. Autoflowers are convenient and make it easy to grow a perpetual harvest but I think for me at least autoflowers wil just be something that I play with on the side while working with my old favorite photoperiod genetics and the up and coming new ones too.
Rottenhawg

Mandarin Haze - Day 68.jpg

I spent the last few years experimenting with autoflowers and have learned a lot about them. The newer strains can get quite large and very high in THC content but they are picky about certain things. They don't like heavy applications of nutes. In fact take what is reccomended and cut that in half and even then you might be a little high with them. Read your leaves to tell you if you are lacking or over doing it with anything. Watch the PH in both your water and your soil. Watch for the early signs of preflower and only then should you switch to a very light application of flowering nutes, I use "Open Sesame" at this point. Feed no more than every ten to 14 days and be sure to flush early because soil takes awhile to flush.
I have run across autoflowers that would not flower on their own before and when they started to get too big, I have had to trigger flowering with the light cycle. One strain in particular that I have had to do this with consistently is Mandarin Haze Auto from Ministry of Cannabis. I know of other growers on other forums that have also had the issue with this strain and when contacted the Breeder says that they have never heard of it. No big deal because the buds that it grew were big and potent. Autoflowers are convenient and make it easy to grow a perpetual harvest but I think for me at least autoflowers wil just be something that I play with on the side while working with my old favorite photoperiod genetics and the up and coming new ones too.
Rottenhawg

Mandarin Haze - Day 68.jpg
She looks to be a beast buddy, color is good and wow what a size for a auto... how long would u say you use the open sesame? I know open sesame has done me alot of good with my autos i have bud development piling on everywhere on my plants there trying to pile on each other. I got my strains from growerschoiceseeds and it said in description only should get 2/2.5ft tall im almost there im at 19 inches and still growing up and barely into preflower right now. I have 2 critical purples and 2 northern lights.. also iv found that autos dont like to be messed with like doing LST it shocks them pretty bad, well atleast both strains of mine hated it but everybodys grow and opinions are going to be differ this is just what happened with mine.. plus they all got really bushy idk if thats an auto genetic to bc it seems as if autos get more bushier then photos

Back
Top Bottom