First time growing autoflower

This was supposed to be an autoflower but it kept getting bigger and bigger without showing any signs of pre-flowers. I had some skunk autos started at the same time as her that were well into flower by then so I switched out the lights to 12 x 12 and had an awesome harvest. I always LST because of space requirements amongst other reasons and there is no reason not to do so with an auto, in fact I would recommend it even more so on autos. No cutting, topping, or pinching, just lots of tying down and careful training. Here's a pic of the same plant just a couple of days into its LST.

Rottenhawg

"With time and patience a mulberry leaf becomes a silk gown." - Chinese Proverb
Mandarin Haze - Day 22 - Day 3 of LST.jpg

I only use the Open Sesame once a week for two weeks and then do two weeks of Beastie Bloom, two weeks Cha-Ching, and then two weeks of flush. I have other supplements that I also use but go lightly with all of the additives especially so with autos and in reality, all the nutes in the world will not help poor soil. I always use the Fox Farm Ocean Forest because it has everything that your plants will need already there and it is readily available . . . Your mileage my vary . . .

Rottenhawg

20181112_082350.jpg
20181112_083352.jpg
's a couple of pics of some bag seed that I picked up in Jamaica and grew out for giggles using the same formulas

@moderngroroom I see that you have critical purple from grower choice seeds, I do have a pack of 3 seeds from them critical purple and not one has germinated yet and its been a week tomorrow that they are in the paper towel. I germinated 6 plants in the last 3 weeks and the one from growers choice are the only one that did no germinated yet...

I havent no problems with mine from growerschoiceseed.. iv bought 10 white widows from them photos, 10 northern lights autos, 5 critical purple autos, and every seed i have germinated with a 100% rate what i do is i poor a glass of distilled water let them sit in it for 24hrs go and tap them down after sitting in water for about 5 hrs and they will sink, after soaking in water for 24hrs rather theres a tap root or not ill poor them out on a paper towel that is soaking wet fold it up good ,ill then put it in a zip lock baggy for another 24hrs ill go to open and will have a tap root thats a half inch long.. never have had an issue before with any seed not germinating even when i grow outside this method is bullit proof.. o and both glass and zip lock baggy are in the dark for the whole time up in the cabinet..

Try that method in let me know if it doesnt work i promise you it will...

I only use the Open Sesame once a week for two weeks and then do two weeks of Beastie Bloom, two weeks Cha-Ching, and then two weeks of flush. I have other supplements that I also use but go lightly with all of the additives especially so with autos and in reality, all the nutes in the world will not help poor soil. I always use the Fox Farm Ocean Forest because it has everything that your plants will need already there and it is readily available . . . Your mileage my vary . . .

Rottenhawg

20181112_082350.jpg
20181112_083352.jpg
's a couple of pics of some bag seed that I picked up in Jamaica and grew out for giggles using the same formulas
That’s exactly what im doing im feeding mine every watering at 630/680ppm gonna move up to 800ppm next watering and they are also growimg in ffof.. yours are looking good buddy swing over to my journal and check mine out if you like!!:passitleft:

I spent the last few years experimenting with autoflowers and have learned a lot about them. The newer strains can get quite large and very high in THC content but they are picky about certain things. They don't like heavy applications of nutes. In fact take what is reccomended and cut that in half and even then you might be a little high with them. Read your leaves to tell you if you are lacking or over doing it with anything. Watch the PH in both your water and your soil. Watch for the early signs of preflower and only then should you switch to a very light application of flowering nutes, I use "Open Sesame" at this point. Feed no more than every ten to 14 days and be sure to flush early because soil takes awhile to flush.
I have run across autoflowers that would not flower on their own before and when they started to get too big, I have had to trigger flowering with the light cycle. One strain in particular that I have had to do this with consistently is Mandarin Haze Auto from Ministry of Cannabis. I know of other growers on other forums that have also had the issue with this strain and when contacted the Breeder says that they have never heard of it. No big deal because the buds that it grew were big and potent. Autoflowers are convenient and make it easy to grow a perpetual harvest but I think for me at least autoflowers wil just be something that I play with on the side while working with my old favorite photoperiod genetics and the up and coming new ones too.
Rottenhawg

Mandarin Haze - Day 68.jpg
ty

I havent no problems with mine from growerschoiceseed.. iv bought 10 white widows from them photos, 10 northern lights autos, 5 critical purple autos, and every seed i have germinated with a 100% rate what i do is i poor a glass of distilled water let them sit in it for 24hrs go and tap them down after sitting in water for about 5 hrs and they will sink, after soaking in water for 24hrs rather theres a tap root or not ill poor them out on a paper towel that is soaking wet fold it up good ,ill then put it in a zip lock baggy for another 24hrs ill go to open and will have a tap root thats a half inch long.. never have had an issue before with any seed not germinating even when i grow outside this method is bullit proof.. o and both glass and zip lock baggy are in the dark for the whole time up in the cabinet..

Try that method in let me know if it doesnt work i promise you it will...
Im doint it the exact same way, 18h in water and next day in paper towel inside a ziplock. 100% succes with all other seeds excep my critical purple :( and I really want to try that strain.. will see they been in there for a full week already..

Attachments

• 45965114_1938733379574867_4084703774705188864_n.jpg
    45965114_1938733379574867_4084703774705188864_n.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 25
Im doint it the exact same way, 18h in water and next day in paper towel inside a ziplock. 100% succes with all other seeds excep my critical purple :( and I really want to try that strain.. will see they been in there for a full week already..

They will gurantee them for 60 days after purchase!!! id repop them in water for 48hrs in see what happens thats what they tell you to do if the glass and paper towel method doesnt work on there website...but 2 that i put in cup and towel popped i still have 3 seeds left. Id call or message them

Yes, there's not much or anything in pro mix. Great draining medium. I'd back off seeing that burn you appear to have. You could, however, top dress with some EWC or earth worm castings. That's a start with an auto and/or good to keep the soil active. Still trying to build good roots,, and water, good medium, and some EWC will go a long way. Just my two cents.
Is this one good enough? or have to be some special sort?
5L Organic Worm Castings

Back
Top Bottom