First time growing autos in coco

blazinlow

Hello all I'm having issues with my autoflowers in coco coir. I typically grow in a dwc setup but I added a second tent and decided to give coco a try. I can't seem to water correctly to save my life. The plants have been in 5 gallon smart pots since seeds and I have been watering them every 2 days until I get runoff out the bottom. Can anyone tell me if these are over or underwatered? I'm starting to think of should be watering every day but not certain. Thanks in advance

Pics didn't work first time

Attachments

• 20190307_071338.jpg
    20190307_071338.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 102
Pics didn't work first time
I would definitely water/feed them every day and dump the runoff water out of the trays. I am wondering if the coco got too dry and changed the ph in the coco

It your watering every two days might be under fed

Coco you want to feed it daily you are charging the coconut shavings daily and pushing or out old nutes and preventing salt build up as well . more or less.

What is temps and rh and ph at bud ?

Thanks for all the replies. Temps in the tent are 25c with 45% humidity. The pH is between 6-6.5. I'm using gh flora series with calmag with the ppm of 870ish. Is ppm the same as rh? The coco has definitely dried out a few times. Seems I was reading conflicting things. Thanks again all.

Attachments

• 20190307_200406.jpg
    20190307_200406.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
I am feeding 3 times a day (every 8 hours) in coco. You should keep it wet. Don't treat it like dirt.

Thanks for your reply. Im certain I was definitely way underfeeding by the replys here. My work schedule won't really allow me to water more than once a day unfortunately. Id like to run a really low profile ebb and flow but haven't really seen many that look like they would work well with 2 larger plants in the smart pots?

Thanks for your reply. Im certain I was definitely way underfeeding by the replys here. My work schedule won't really allow me to water more than once a day unfortunately. Id like to run a really low profile ebb and flow but haven't really seen many that look like they would work well with 2 larger plants in the smart pots?

Have a look at this.

Just some update pics. I've been feeding daily and removing the runoff from the trays. They look abit better however I imagine the damage is done from underfeeding all there lives. I may stick with soil going forward as the coco requires more attention than I prefer. Also a pic of the dwc.

Attachments

• 20190312_191619.jpg
    20190312_191619.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 113
  • 20190312_191558.jpg
    20190312_191558.jpg
    841.4 KB · Views: 133
Back
Top Bottom