First time growing... Need help!

Jas128012

So iv got 2 1k ballast and lights in 2 mag xxxl hoods.
12 plants in 2 rdwc systems running the expert floraseries General hydroponic nutrients.. My plants are 29 days old and I just beat root rot.. (Or so I think) plants are looking good and healthy. And I was going to start flower next week but iv been told by an ex grower you shouldn't flower a new plants for 90 days if you start from a seed. He says it takes 90 days for the plant to establish it's DNA and that strains traits.. Dose this have any truth? He also said that you do not have to do this if starting from a clone because it is the same age as the mother plant.. Any help would be amazing!!

You will be growing 12 trees if you veg for 90 days.

There is no need to wait any certain length of time.

A seed contains all the genetic information its plant will ever have.

A better way to determine how long to veg is to keep your space in mind.

A plant will usually double or triple its height during flower.

For example, if the maximum height you want your plant to be at the end of flower is 36 inches,

veg until it is about 12-18 inches tall.

Depending on strain and training techniques, this could be a short time or long time.

Some people grow 12/12 from seed and allow their plants to flower as soon as they are able.

The genetic information in these plants is the same as if they were vegged for 90 days. ;)

So iv got 2 1k ballast and lights in 2 mag xxxl hoods.
12 plants in 2 rdwc systems running the expert floraseries General hydroponic nutrients.. My plants are 29 days old and I just beat root rot.. (Or so I think) plants are looking good and healthy. And I was going to start flower next week but iv been told by an ex grower you shouldn't flower a new plants for 90 days if you start from a seed. He says it takes 90 days for the plant to establish it's DNA and that strains traits.. Dose this have any truth? He also said that you do not have to do this if starting from a clone because it is the same age as the mother plant.. Any help would be amazing!!
Bs most strains need 3 or 4 weeks for large plants

holy crap that's a big set up for a first timer

if things go south,they do so in a hurry,i lost 3 plants in lest than 24hrs

did you figure out the cause of your slime??keep h202 and aquasheild on hand, also learn to make Heisenberg tea

you have to root a clone before it can veg. you grower friend speaks from hear say and not experience. the 90 day veg. is old old school out door shit just to make sure you get the max out of a plant. and has nothing to do with indoor growing considering some strains finish flowering in less than 60 days. unless you like smoking the same strain a 90 vegged plant is a big mofo and will give you a lot of bud after 60+ more days of flower time

Thanks guys!! Iv never heard of this so I wasn't sure but it's my first time so better safe than sorry... And yeah it is kinda big for my first time... I think the slim was due to high water temps 80-90 degrees before I realized it :-/.. I pulled the plants out sprayed the roots of with 10ml h202 in 1 quart of water and flushed and cleaned the system.. I started adding aqua shield the next day and it's been a week and all seams to be going ok. Also I am growing 6 northern lights/5 master kush/ 1 belladonna..

Back
Top Bottom