First time growing peppermint kush and la woman. When to flower?

Illyisanoob

So I've tried to grow some random strain I. The past and it grew, from 2 plants I got about 3oz from a closet grow with just a fan and a blue fluorescent and a 600w hps for flower stage. I've bought my home and taking another crack, cuz I'm in DC I figure I'd be losing if I didnt. So I got a Millard 4x4 tent. A 700w mars2 hydro led (I still have my fluorescent and hps) a exhaust fan and a couple temp and humidity gauges. I feel like I'm in the big time lol. I ordered from seedsman la woman, peppermint kush, and lemon auto. Already 2 of the 3 lemon auto seeds didn't germ but everything else was good. So I'm growing 3 pep k and 1 la woman. I'm confused on when to begin flower. Kat time I didnt flower til after about 2 - 3 months but another grower says he beg for 1 week then go to flower BUT he is hydro growing. I'm using fix farm and happy frog mix medium. Anyone know good time to start flowering and still get a decent yield? They peeked thru the soil on March 21. I'm keeping a journal. Im using soul synthetics "the player pack" for nutes and I'm using their guide. I'm open to any suggestions to get better results. Soon as I figure out how to add photos I'll share.

Don't mean to change the topic, but how do you like the Mars? I got the 600W but had to unplug it because it's way too hot. I've read the 700W has a better heat sink and runs cooler. Can you comment?

So far so good. My temps are 78-82. I have a fan pointed at it but it doesn't get that hot. I can put my hand on it and leave it there. It has 2 fans and is somewhat loud but other than that I'm liking what it's doing.

image22912.jpg

View image in gallery

image22914.jpg
image22912.jpg
image22914.jpg

So far so good. My temps are 78-82. I have a fan pointed at it but it doesn't get that hot. I can put my hand on it and leave it there. It has 2 fans and is somewhat loud but other than that I'm liking what it's doing.

I'm glad it's working for you. I've hung 1200W's of PlatinumLED and my tent temperature didn't budge from ambient room temperature (78 - 82F) but I moved my 600W platinum into my flower tent and replaced it in my veg tent with the 600W Mars II and I jumped to the mid-90's. Nothing but turning off the Mars solved my problem. It looks like the Mars 600W just doesn't have a large enough heat sink. Looks like the 700 doesn't have that problem.

I'm using an oscillating fan inside the tent and have a carbon filter and 6" inline fan for exhaust, so it's not an airflow issue, I just think the Mars doesn't have a big enough heat sink to properly disburse the heat. I'm tempted to use the light out in my garage for more heat tolerant local produce.

The amount of veg is totally up to the grower. The fact is the longer that you veg, the more yield you can expect. People often times will veg for shorter amounts of time if they are either in a time crunch, or if there are growing many plants. If you are growing a smaller amount of plants then the longer the veg the better to increase your yield. A good rule of thumb is to begin vegging once preflowers begin to appear as this means that the plant has reached a good level of maturity. It has been said before that just 2 additional weeks of veg will almost double your yield. This of course is dependent on many other factors also. I did mine for 6 weeks and put into 12/12 without preflowers and has pistols in 3 days of 12/12. There are way to many factors to really increasing yield beyond time vegged however there is no denying the fact that the longer you veg, the greater the yield. 4 - 6 weeks is a good number to have in mind as this allows some substantial growth and maturity and brings good yields. Some people will veg for 2+ months but normally those are experienced growers who can spot the deficiencies in the growing medium as in time the soil will lose its umph for lack there of a better term.

The amount of veg is totally up to the grower. The fact is the longer that you veg, the more yield you can expect. People often times will veg for shorter amounts of time if they are either in a time crunch, or if there are growing many plants. If you are growing a smaller amount of plants then the longer the veg the better to increase your yield. A good rule of thumb is to begin vegging once preflowers begin to appear as this means that the plant has reached a good level of maturity. It has been said before that just 2 additional weeks of veg will almost double your yield. This of course is dependent on many other factors also. I did mine for 6 weeks and put into 12/12 without preflowers and has pistols in 3 days of 12/12. There are way to many factors to really increasing yield beyond time vegged however there is no denying the fact that the longer you veg, the greater the yield. 4 - 6 weeks is a good number to have in mind as this allows some substantial growth and maturity and brings good yields. Some people will veg for 2+ months but normally those are experienced growers who can spot the deficiencies in the growing medium as in time the soil will lose its umph for lack there of a better term.

Makes sense, thanks for the info. I have 2 shorter plants that I will have to wait on as well. Does a short veg effect th quality of product,

Back
Top Bottom