First time growing - when do they get sticky?

rbresnik

Hi everyone. THis is my first post in here. I just starting growing cannabis last February.

My plants are flowering very nicely, but they aren't very "sticky" and there isn't much of a an odor from them. I don't see the "Frosty" look. How long does it take for that to happen?

1. Use a jeweller's loupe (thing he/she sticks in their eye to examine a jewel up close) or a powerful lighted magnifying glass and you'll be able to see the trichomes filled with shiny fluid.

2. You don't say how long they have been flowering. If it's early they won't feel very sticky--the stickiness becomes more pronounced as it gets closer to the last weeks. I can't give you a precise week but if your plants are flowering okay now they'll get sticky, don't worry.

3. Some strains are "frostier" than others. They all get sticky but some actually get a white frosty coating---like white widow does. Remember though, everything seems frosty under a good light and a microscope or mag glass.

Bon chance!

Wow thanks for the fast response. That helps. Yea, my buddy, the guy that gave me the seedlings in February had a microscope and now I know why. I started veg growth in February until normal light then moved to 1000 watt system under MH light for about 3 months. Lots of issues along the way so it took that long to stretch them out. I probably kept them in veg too long. Anway, been flowering for a month now. Good kushy buds are showing up but they don't smell at all and not sticky. If i "squeeze" a bud i can smell something. But no charcoal filter requiring craziness.

You're welcome. Yeah, 4 weeks of flowering is where mine are and they have started to smell but no stickiness either--and I'm waiting for my white widow frostiness to show up too!

If you have any preflowers at week 4 you should be able to see something going on!
Screenshot_2015-05-25-21-00-22.png

At 4 weeks some strains still wont have much going as far as smell I know my current unknown strain is at 8 weeks and just began to smell last weekish around week 6-7. Resin will begin to form later into the development. I don't like that picture that THC put up... Its misleading and not common. With pre flowers just beginning trichome development like that is not all that common. Check out some journals see what other growers got going on. Go to completed journals and see what other people have done. I am sure youll be able to find nearly the same set up somewhere in there and can see where others were at the same stage. Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom