How much longer - First time grower

Tedmarx38

Two outdoor feminized hybrid plants in full sun started flowering just b4 Labor Day. They just started getting sticky but aren't ready. They are not autoflowering. I didn't induce flowering by covering them, just let nature due it. Central PA, where frost hits mid Oct. I hope I don't have to cover them because while they're hidden fairly well, neighbor's might see the blanket. Think they'll be ready before first frost? (Have a pic and thought I could post it here but can't see how to do it). Thanks. Peace.

IMG_312619.JPG

Third time's the charm here she is

Hi T38 -- Those are nice looking outdoor plants. :thumb:

It's hard to say whether your plants will be "ready" from the perspective of fully cloudy trichomes, but since you say they're starting to get sticky, in a way they are "ready" already--that is, they are mature enough to where there is some resin, so congrats on that. If you get a couple more sunny weeks that will be all to the good.

If those plants were mine, I'd just let them keep growing even after the first frost until you see that they are actually starting to fail and then harvest.

If they're not as sticky as you want for smoking, remember you can always make tincture or oil.

Hey, post a follow-up photo when you're ready to harvest, OK? (A close-up of the flowers showing the trichomes would be ideal).

Good luck and here's hoping for a warm and sunny October! :)

Thanks my friend. You just made my night. I snipped a small cola last night and hung it in the shed just in case everything else gets raided raped or robbed but I'm thinking all will be ok. We have a sunny dry spell and I'm watering every few days after dark and thinking it's going to be a nice harvest. Appreciate the feedback and yes I will post addl pics as the next weeks unfold.

Back
Top Bottom