First time Scrogger

PacificNorthWest

Hey guys, This is my first scrog and I'd love some advice / direction from the pros.

4x4 tent. 5 strains (cream caramel, blue widow, citrus haze, sour diesel & unknown autofem)
vegged for 3 months under 315watt CMH
flowering now for about a month under 630 watt CMH.
feeding full line of remo nutrients full strength w/ potassium silicate every watering.
promix / perlite (70 / 30)

I think I might have topped these guys one or two too many times. The canopy is dense. Like really dense. I've removed fan leaves every day for the last 3 days, and everyday I open the tent it doesn't really look like I did.

I'm not sure how much I should be trimming underneath the netting. How many inches below the canopy should I be clearing? I've got plenty of fans running through all that foliage so I wasn't too worried about clutter 2 weeks ago.

Any suggestions on how to go forward? Should I let them get over the initial stretch and then defoliate big-time? or should I do it now? Or not? I dunno....New to this scrog thing.

Attachments

• 20200423_084248.jpg
    20200423_084248.jpg
    542.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 20200423_084257.jpg
    20200423_084257.jpg
    841.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 20200423_084303.jpg
    20200423_084303.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 65
  • 20200423_084359.jpg
    20200423_084359.jpg
    431.3 KB · Views: 61
Looks outstanding to me. Topped one or two too many times? No such thing in a scrog. You have a really nice full net there. The under trimming comes down to personal preference in most cases. A lot has to do with light and your net looks like not much going to get through the net which is outstanding so your limit it up to bottom of net. It will get easier when the colas get going above the net and then deal with the shadowing leafs over buds either tuck or cut. Upgrade in future could be a double scrog. Looks good my friend Scrog life!!! lol Had to edit forgot to say is you are on 12/12 flower time wait until third weeks and trim.
:passitleft:

Urgghhh... First world problems for sure...

I'm also at a point where I've run out of vertical room. The plants sit on a nice little lazy susan that I built with a slight angle to allow excess water to run off in my favored direction. It was great when I grew 4 plants without a net. But the netting attached to the 4 corners prevented me from spinning the thing around... Damn. Definitely a drawback. I've since cut the netting at the 4 corners to allow me to spin the susan around.

Anyway, it stands about 7 inches high. I may have to carefully remove it to give the girls some more height, and allow the girls to sit on flat tent bottom. Also a drawback when you want to water to 10% run-off.

This year I am for sure going to invest in a 4x4 water catcher thingy that I can poke a gromet into and let run-off go down the drain (or into the outside garden).

Where are the rest of the comments? Where is everybody? It's stay at home covid grow big weed time...I would have expected way more responses!!!

lol... stay healthy everyone.

There's like a 12-16 inch difference between the top of the canopy and the bottom sprouts ... should I kill the bottom sprouts more than I kill the top fan leaves? or vice versa?

Hey man, your garden looks great! Co finest hit the nail on the head and said it well. There's no such thing as topping too many times and it is important to maintain airflow above, around and under the plant canopy. It seems you've got that down :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom