First time scroging! A few quick questions!

dropcroptop

I am building a 4x4 scrog for my plants. This is my first grow so I definitely have not been manicuring the plants exactly how I should. I super cropped and topped all plants in various ways kinda getting the hang of it.....ANYways, a couple of my plants are not as "bushy" as I'd like to start a scrog. I was wondering if I can bend my tall plants over In a way that could fill the net.(sorry for my elementary ability to draw,however the black circles represent the pots of dirt and the black arrows represent plant growth. The picture is from the perspective directly above)
420-magazine-mobile288861913.jpg

This is a drawing of how everyone else does it basically.
420-magazine-mobile1761439531.jpg

Dropcroptops High YIELD!Indoor,Soil 600HPS BIG Bud/Chocolope/Amnesia Haze

I am building a 4x4 scrog for my plants. This is my first grow so I definitely have not been manicuring the plants exactly how I should. I super cropped and topped all plants in various ways kinda getting the hang of it.....ANYways, a couple of my plants are not as "bushy" as I'd like to start a scrog. I was wondering if I can bend my tall plants over In a way that could fill the net.(sorry for my elementary ability to draw,however the black circles represent the pots of dirt and the black arrows represent plant growth. The picture is from the perspective directly above)
420-magazine-mobile288861913.jpg

This is a drawing of how everyone else does it basically.
420-magazine-mobile1761439531.jpg

It can work but remember you don't want to bend anything over too much you may snap branches

Sent from my HTC One using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I've seen my caregiver bend stalks and branches into near L shape without breaking but when he offered to let me try I snapped my first attempt.

He tells me that the plants can deal with it as long as you don't crease the stem.

Yea man when I super cropped all 6 of my plants to near 90 I ended up snapping two. I learned from each how much pressure was too much. I assumed I didn't "crush" the stem enough before I applied pressure to the bend... Then on another plant I "crushed" the stem to a point I made vertically slits in the stem you could see through(see grow for more details)! So I think I have the confidence to try and bend them,I just wanted to make sure the nutrients would still be able to flow. Like a drinking straw,logically I have to be impeding the flow of nutrients to a certain extent once I bend it!? Or for plants that logic doesn't apply haha?

P1170099.JPG

there ya go friend,, exactly as you envisioned,, cept i trained my plants into the screen as it went to flower,, but your plan is sound, or i have been doing it all wrong for years

cheers

Nicely done. But remember not to tie your branches too tight because the stalks will get bigger and wider. Also if you want to move them you'll have to untie them

Sent from my HTC One using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Or this may happen?
420-magazine-mobile240523997.jpg

You were definitely right not to tie them! Even loosely,the plant like hung itself. It healed itself as you can see in the picture. I'm surprised how the plant like filled in the gaps with new plant growth.

Or this may happen?
420-magazine-mobile240523997.jpg

You were definitely right not to tie them! Even loosely,the plant like hung itself. It healed itself as you can see in the picture. I'm surprised how the plant like filled in the gaps with new plant growth.
Well lesson learned. The main thing is that she healed. They can heal fast when they are healthy

Back
Top Bottom