first time

Do a little search here, but I think plant them in a good soil purchased from a garden supply for germination (probably a sandy organic mix), or whatever good natural soil you can find, 1 cm deep, water them, cover them w/ cardboard (keeps them moist and dark) and place in moderately warm place. Should be 3-7 days max. (Thanks to SmokinMoose).

planting in wet soil/watering gently but often enough to keep soil will work. The arguably more reliable method is to dampen a paper towel, fold seeds inside and then place in an airtight container. Leave in a cool dark place and you can have results in a matter of days.

Respect is right, if u fold em up in a damp towel and keep em air tight in a cool dark place, u should have sprouts in about 3 days, a week at the latest, there is also a predetermining factor if u toss em in water, the ones that'll sprout will float or something, but Im not entirely sure thats right

once you go sprouts tho, put em in soil with a high CO2 level, u can even inject CO2 from cartridges, but after you got about three leaves semi-developed, u gotta transplant to other soil because the CO2 at that point will reduce potency, one of the best methods Ive used is natural outdoor soil with a slight bit of hummus mixed in to keep high natural nutrient levels but it also attracts bugs

^on what basis are you recommending CO2 soil enrichment. It's my understanding that this will prevent germination. Further, the high CO2 levels will also kill most, if not all beneficial bio-organisms in the soil. CO2 is most beneficial to cannabis at flowring time, not germination IMHO.
Having said that, I have an open mind here, and would like to learn more.

Im not entirely sure of the technicalities to it, u could b entirely right, a long while back tho, my buddy, who is roughly 70 now, taught me everything he knew about how to grow, he was actually quite a big deal in the pot world of NYC, and, for legal reasons I can no longer grow, but he used to always have me follow that routine, and I was just emparting near word for word what he had me do, but I would never claim to b a botanist or kno any of the botany behind it, I have found tho that it actually did, to some degree accelerate the process, but it could have had an unknown negative effect, Im just speaking from experience not science, but if scientifically it leads to a negative conclusion, then by all means ignore it

Yes, roots die in an anaerobic environment. I think this might be one of the anecdotal myths that keep getting around. Good to see the old timers imparting their wisdom, however misguided lol. And yes, count me in as an old timer lol.
And Jmac10988, I wasn't calling you on this, just enquiring. I love hearing anecdotal tales for growing cannabis.

Back
Top Bottom