First timer growing mazar-i-sharif

music4higher

Hey anybody and everybody stopping by! :byebye:

Welcome to my first time growing adventure with some freebie Mazar-i-sharif seeds I got with my order from seedboutique.com.

DSCN0978.JPG

For this grow I will be using a combination of outdoor winter sun during the day and LED lights during the night for vegging and strictly sun for flowering. The way my balcony faces, it gets direct sunlight as long as the sun is in the sky.

Check out my little grow box!

DSCN1002.JPG

The plant in the big pot is a female from bagseed and the three cups contain the germinated Mazar seeds and you can see the LED panel up above. I put the seeds in their cups yesterday and baglady is about 3 weeks old.

Here is the soil I'm using.
rsz_1DSCN0980.jpg

For nutrients I have Fox Farm Grow Big and Big Bloom and I also have seaweed extract liquified organic kelp from GrowMore to use for foliar feeding.
DSCN0975.JPG

I will be watering using the wet/dry method. When I should begin foliar feeding the sprouts and how often?

Nice man, cant wait to see this one through! Just another suggestion, those cups are see through and u dont want the roots getting any light. So maybe put some opaque cups over them or cut out some paper to tape around them. Should help a little. Hope those babies germinate all right. Iv never heard of Mazar I Sharif before... do u know the THZ content or anything about the strain? Indica/sativa?

Start feeding with grow big at 1/4 recommended dose after the first week. Some wait two weeks. its ur call. You could try 1 week and see how it goes and maybe wait off if need be. Just remember 1 week really refers to the second week, because the first week you do no nutes at all! Im not an expert on nutes tho so you should look at the nutes guide for FoxFarm. Ill try and find a link for you.

Hmm well actually i was wrong. I guess u can start using nutes first week, but with the soil ur using i wouldnt, most likely will result in nute burn. I think that soil prob has enough nutes to do ur plant fine for close to a month. So if you really wanted to you could wait until then. but again its ur call so just experiment and see what works for you. Also for your soil in ur final pots, i think u might benefit from getting some perlight from the hardware store for like 4-5$ and add that for some better airation.

Hey there music, I see that you have what I like to use as well for soils and fertilizers.
Is there pistals already at 3 weeks?
Keep consistant as you can to promote at least an 18/6 cycle while going outdoors to indoors. Watch for little creepy mites and other critters that may come back in the room with your plants.
Your soil choice has enough nutrients to not have to feed until the 2-3 week after sprouting. Make sure they are up and somewhat established. Also Clear cups have a tendancy to promoted bacterial growth and possible root damage due to light.
Do not foliar feed with a mixture of Sea Weed and Grow Big or Big Bloom. This can cause a slight reaction. If you do foilar feed use them separately. And go slow with the dose.
I would advise you not to foiliar feed after 2 weeks into flower. Until you have a few more grows under your belt.
But keep posting up for us and lets follow along together.

Thanks for the advice Cherma! The girl in the bigger pot is from bagseed and she has pistils. I'll try to get a picture of them with my shitty camera.

Mazar-i-Sharif

Genetics: Traditional North Afghan charas cultivar
Type: Traditional landrace/pure-bred
Variety: Indica Giant
Height: 3-4 meters in natural outdoor environment in Mazar-i-Sharif.
Yield: 1.5 to 2 kg of dried flowers in natural outdoor environment
Aroma: pungent, intense terpene aroma, classic Afghan, with some sweetness
Harvest: early December to early January
Characteristics: Unusually large indica strain with classic wide leaved characteristics.

Grown around the desert towns of Balkh, Mazar-i-Sharif and Sheberghan in the far north of Afghanistan, close to the modern borders of Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan. This Mazar-i-Sharif strain produces the legendary hashish known as "Shirak-i-Mazar" and "Milk of Mazar". The people of these regions are a patchwork of Turkic, Tajik, Afghan and Pashtun tribes, and the history of Mazar-i-Sharif strains is likely to be equally complex. In fertile and well-irrigated soils these vigorous giants are capable of reaching 4 metres in height or more, and will produce a similarly immense yield of intensely resinous flowers. Traditionally harvested in the first half of December with the onset of the brutal Central Asian winter, Mazar-i-Sharif plants will enjoy cold conditions, including snow, and will turn a deep blood red in low temperatures. Growers favour leaving harvest as late as possible, sometimes into early January. Sieved "Milk of Mazar" garda is very resinous and so can be hand-pressed to make charas; it has a distinctively pungent, sweet aroma and a dreamily mellow high. Over-indulgence produces a mind-warping, immobilising and narcotic effect.

Well, a quick update. I planted the feminized white widow the other day and I also bought a new light. After reading through grow journals and looking at and comparing seedling pics, my weedies don't seem to be developing as fast. I think it's because of the LED grow panel not being strong enough?? So I have one of these on the way:

988e_1.JPG

Here's the info about the light. I'm on a budget (aren't we all) and found this after lots and lots of searching. Any comment, advice?

FLUOREX® 65WATT (500 Watt equivalent) COMPACT FLUORESENT
HIGH-OUTPUT GROW LIGHT
This lamp puts out the equivalent of 500W of incandescent light using only 65 watts of power. This means more light for less money.
This light utilizes a new light technology called FLUOREX® – it’s not HPS or MH, but a special type of patented technology compact fluorescent.
These lamps have a color temperature of 6500K giving you nice, clean, full-spectrum white light – ideal for growing plants or illuminating aquariums.
A study conducted at Stanford University determined that the output of these lamps was an amazing 8,900 LUMENS of full spectrum light – the same light output of Metal Halide grow lamps.
The higher amounts of blue within the full-spectrum makes these perfect for the vegetative/flowering stage and cloning. It gives off so little heat compared to high intensity discharge lights. These are perfect for large or small spaces and for places where heat may cause a problem.
• FLUOREX® lamps are great for both the vegetative and flowering stages of plants and herbs
• Only uses 65 watts to put out the equivalent of over 500 watts of incandescent light.
• FLUOREX® can save 50% or more over metal halide lights
• FLUOREX® is more efficient and produces higher light output than standard fluorescent fixtures!!!
• Ultra-quiet with no noisy ballasts
• Because FLUOREX® operates at cooler temperatures, lights can be much closer to plants than HID lamps
• Cool, quiet, and efficient operating makes FLUOREX® lamps ideal for compact growing conditions
• Use to start seedlings, grow cuttings, flowers, culinary or medicinal herbs, aquarium plants and coral, etc…
• Many HID lights need replacing after 6 months, whereas, these bulbs are good for 10,000+ hours
• FLUOREX® emits full spectrum light so clones and seedlings can grow like crazy
• PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA
• (6500K) JUST LIKE A METAL HALIDE
• SMALL SIZE - 12.5" LONG X 8" WIDE X 5" DEEP.
INCLUDES:
• 65/500 WATT FLUOREX® compact fluorescent bulb
• Indoor/Outdoor-rated housing and weatherproof clear cover
• FREE Weather-proof wall mounting bracket

Back
Top Bottom