First timer growing mazar-i-sharif

Thanks, Pan! I read your entire thread where you built your own panels.. VERY COOL!! I will definitely keep checking up on your grow threads as well!! Thanks for checking in!! I will definitely keep my LED panel as supplemental lighting. After all, that's the night light my babies started with in their cradles!

Thanks livelong, my CFL flood lamp arrives tomorrow! I can't wait! I won't be able to get the T5 fluoro light strips until after the the new year cuz I'll be traveling and won't be home to sign for deliveries but I'm very excited. I'll actually be in CO visiting family in the first week of the new year.

My resolution for the new year is to grow some monster plants and some deadly smoke!! :allgood:

YES!!!! EXACTLY FLYFISH!! That bar is GREAT for hanging lights and it makes it very easy to raise and lower the lights. I'm probably gonna invest in a few more so I can have an indoor veg and flower area. What I really want is one of those Jardin Darkroom Grow Tents but they're so pricey that I have to hold off on that for a bit.

I am very happy with the darkroom. I did not get one of the big ones but the quality is good. I recommend them. please dont roll the dice on a hydrohut they killed too many peoples crops including mine.

I will definitely take your advice four20 and get the darkroom when I am able.

My new light arrived today and here's an update on my new and improved grow room! :allgood:

DSCN1065.JPG

Here's my state of the art ventilation system
DSCN1066.JPG

I have my plants about 3 inches away from the CFL light.. is this the right distance or is that too close?
Also, it's a lot brighter in there than it looks in this picture. I have a shitty camera and it definitely does not do it justice.

Good call with the CFL, i just picked up some t5s and thinkin about ordering a bulb you got. Where did you say you got it? Ebay??

Gracias

Noobie question about nutrients. Should I be giving nutrients with every watering? Foxfarm feeding schedule says every other watering. The suggested fox farm feeding schedule on our 420mag website doesn't make any suggestions. My first attempt at growing was a disaster and I burned the crap out of her about halfway through the flowering stage but maybe that was because I was only using miracle grow and I gave her a lot with each watering because I'm stupid and wanted her to grow gigantic buds and treated her like a human.... you know feed em till they get obese. Also, I just bought some fish emulsion today. Should I be adding this to my nutrient solution along with the fox farm products or should I do a fox farm feeding one watering and then do a fish emulsion the next?

Help!!
Thanks!

OH! I also have some liquified sea kelp. I think Medical Marijuana said he foliar feeds every 5 days? Every 3? I can't remember. What if I were to add the kelp to the nutrient solution, can I do that? Or should I keep it separate and strictly foliar feed? But if I keep foliar feeding won't that promote mold growth? Do I stop foliar feeding at some point and add the kelp to the nutrient solution at that point?

Excuse me if I sound like a nervous wreck... I'm hella new to this and I don't want to hurt the plants like I did to my very first one and I was never good in science class... LOL. There's just so much to digest and I have living entities in my care.

Thanks for any advice!!

First of all just calm down. Go smoke a bowl. Everything is gunna be fine. You dont need to be an expert in science to grow good plants. Every 5 days is fine, just watch for mold, make sure you have solid air flow. Stop spraying at 4 weeks into flowering. Dont put it in the soil.

Fish, some feed every watering and some don't. You gotta find out what works for the plants. I myself feed every time, it may just be some BB or Sea weed but there is something in all the water that goes into my plants. I am not sure why Doc says not to use it in the soil?? I have and have never had problems with it. Like the Doc said, relax... If your plants don't like what you are doing then change it up a bit... Make sure you foliar with plain water every once in awhile so you can wash all the nasties off too.. If you have god ventilation then you should not have to worry about mold and make the mist as fine as possible... :peace:

Thanks Doc and Be IRIE. I need to calm down.. it's not like they are human babies. I guess I need to learn that MJ plants are resilient and if I do something wrong there is time to perform corrective measures and get them on the right path.

Another question. The soil in my pots are reading perpetually high in pH. My meter tells me it's just right above 7 in each pot so I got some Earth Juice Natural Down. The last two days I mixed some into water and gave it to them but I fear that I'm going to end up overwatering them if I do this for more than a couple days. I'm not giving them a lot of water with the pH down but still... can I mix this stuff in with the nutrient solution so I don't have to water them so much to get the pH down?

Also, what would cause the soil's pH to be so high?

Wow i just read my post from last night, i was blazed. sorry for the confusion, you can use it in soil. Some soil just comes hot, like ff.

Make sure not to over-water them buddy! That would kill 'em faster I'd think.

Also, is there a clear plastic covering on your lights?

flyfish, the bottle doesn't say foliar spray only but from what i've read in the forums, others have only been foliar feeding with the sea kelp. i guess i can experiment and see what the plants like best. i just hate the thought of experimenting on living entities.. but i guess it's not that serious.

livelong, i do have a plastic cover on the lights. should i not???

also, i think i have a problem with one of the mazar-i-sharif plants. here's a pic:

see the bright yellow spot on the leaf?
DSCN10721.JPG

here it is again. don't mind the dark spots.. that's from the sea kelp foliar feed.
DSCN1073.JPG

here's the white widow seedling. see the light spots on the edge of the leaves??
DSCN10751.JPG

what could this be? overwatering? nute locc? burn? i'm gonna go look at the plant abuse chart but any and all input would be most appreciated. as soon as possible, i'm starting to worry that it might spread. they weren't there an hour ago.... HELP !!!

Back
Top Bottom