First timer growing mazar-i-sharif

Four20, nah my neighbors can't see them. I'm pretty high up and the angle from the street to my balcony provides great stealth. I did some recon from the street to make sure. :)

I don't have a fan or any venting when they are in the box inside. I've poked a bunch of holes and made slits in the door to provide airflow, but the the only steady breeze the seedlings get are when they are outside. I'm going to build a new box for them inside when the new light arrives and get a fan in there.

Here are a couple updated pics at Day 12 since being planted in soil:

MIS #1
DSCN10491.JPG

MIS #2
DSCN1050.JPG

Family Photo
DSCN10511.JPG

Anyways, anyone have any ideas why these little plants are growing so slowly? I realized after more research that I planted the seeds upside down. Would this have any affect on the slow growth? Could it be because of the half/half LED/sunlight? I have a suspicion that my LED panel isn't very strong so that's why I have the CFL floodlamp on it's way but in the end I just don't know but the seedlings seem to be CRAWLING along! Compared to other plants around the same age as mine, mine seem so young for their age!

Another question. I've been reading about different color temperatures and how they affect vegging and flowering phases.

I have a CFL lamp coming in the mail with a color temperature of 6500K. Would someone tell me if this bulb is a vegging or flowering bulb? If I remember from readings, it's a vegging bulb, right? I need something with a color temperature of 3000K for flowering?

6500 Kelvin (higher blue/violet spectrum) I would use for veg.

I would use the 2600-6500k range(blue) for vegetative growth and 2000 Kelvin (red spectrum) to 3000 for budding, flowering and fruiting stages.

the 2600-6500k range 18+ hours of light a day simulates the spectrum of light during the early part of the year and the 2-3k range with a shorter light schedule 12 on 12 off simulates the sunlight at the end of summer tricking the plants into flowering.

This can be an expensive venture but when things are set up right, things end up right. I never purchased a Metal halide but I have seen the growth under them and it beats the cfls and floros most growers myself included use. If you did one thing IMHO I would really recommend a hps bulb for flower but ballasts hoods and bulbs are not cheap. the MH and HPS combos really work well.hope that helps

I just transplanted the MIS sprouts into bigger pots because I saw some roots poking out the bottom of the cups. Here they are in their new homes:

#1 - I will hold off on naming them until I know if they are girls or not. Don't wanna get too attached and them have to chop them down cuz they have balls!!
rsz_DSCN1055.jpg

DSCN1054.JPG

The feminized White Widow seed sprouted today!! Her name is... :hmmmm: Weedeesha!! Weedie for short. I dunno, don't ask. I smoke weed.

Here she is:
DSCN10561.JPG

Here's a pic of a bagseed plant. Hopefully she'll be a girl so I can call her Baglady.
DSCN1057.JPG

McBudz - nahhh... my professor is WAY TOO UPTIGHT!! There's no way she smokes weed. Although.... she is a musician as well... :hmmmm:

Livelong, I think besides planting the seeds upside down, the little ones aren't getting enough light energy and that is also stunting their growth. I just broke down and bought a CFL flood lamp to add to the LED's. It's still in the mail but man do I need that thing to be here like NOW!! I don't recommend using the R+B 225 LED panel by itself to anyone. In fact, I think it's a waste of money to even use as a secondary or third source of light. I've also asked for some T5 fluorescent light strips for Xmas as side lighting so I hope Santa is good to me.

thanks sportsman!!! i appreciate the support!

Since transplanting, the little ones have outgrown the little cardboard growbox I made them for the indoor portion of the grow. Sooooo, I've built them a new one!! :allgood: Chec it out!!

Stealth view:
rsz_1rsz_DSCN1058.jpg

Top down:
DSCN1059.JPG

Inside:
DSCN1061.JPG

Another inside for good measure:
DSCN1060.JPG

ya man im liking that nice big box, wish i could get my hands on one of those xD. the floros will DEF help, and i agree LEDs are useless but i guess theres the occasional odd person who lives by them. haha just wait till you get those lights!

Thanks four20!

sportsman, it's a wardrobe box from Budget Rental Trucks and retails for $12.00. I'm sure Uhaul has them too. I can't wait for those lights and neither can the plants!! I don't doubt that some company out there makes usable more powerful LED grow lights but I'm done with them. Well not completely, I'll keep them as a side light.. My plants should be wayyyyy bigger than they are now and I'm sure it's mostly due to the lighting. Someone on this site was making his own LED panel using bigger LED's and that may be the ticket. Now if I could only find that thread again.. :hmmmm:

YES!!!! EXACTLY FLYFISH!! That bar is GREAT for hanging lights and it makes it very easy to raise and lower the lights. I'm probably gonna invest in a few more so I can have an indoor veg and flower area. What I really want is one of those Jardin Darkroom Grow Tents but they're so pricey that I have to hold off on that for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom