First timer, what is my plant doing?

skeetseats

This my first grow so be easy on me please!

I have two cfl 6500k bulbs 85w equivalent bulbs

Organic soil

Blue majestic autoflowering femininized

I do have a current grow journal though I am looking for a quick answer if possible. I am on my third week if I am correct, I am trying to figure out 1. If my plant is healthy 2. Why are my tips are brown 3. How close am I to seeing some buds I know all of this is a lot to ask and very hard to tell but these are the things that are driving me crazy. Thanks for understanding

20130909_152415.jpg
20130909_152347.jpg
20130905_171518.jpg

are you feeding her? tips look like too much food.

as far as the rest of the leaves. she looks like shes having issues with air flow. do you have any fans on her? or air movement of any kind? how close are the lights?

when you say 85W equiv. i assume you mean the 85 watt bulbs, that are equiv to 300 watt? or is the the 13 watt bulbs that are equiv to 85?

do you happen to know your PH? its hard to see in the pics, but the leaves look like they are twisting a little on the top.

overall she looks like shes happy though. im just being picky.

as far as when you will see buds? not sure. i had tops forming at week 3 on my red dwarf. but, i'v seen some autos not bud up till 4-5 weeks in.

Im not feeding her though I am very familiar with agricultural fertilizers and the cheap organic soil I picked up seems like it has potash and dap in it, at least it looks like it. I do know these fertilizers release extremely slow I am pretty sure it takes years for these to open up so im not sure what is going on with this soil but I think were on the right track for sure.

I do have a box fan that I only run about 6 hours a day on low settings though I do not have any proper airflow out of the closet.

And sorry I was way off on the bulbs they are 15w 65w equivalent bulbs, the are however 6500k bulbs and 900 lumens. I know I am very low on the lights but its all I can do right now :( I am not picky I just want enough bud to get me in between grows with some good quality.

Let me know what you think and thank you for the great quick reply

Im not feeding her though I am very familiar with agricultural fertilizers and the cheap organic soil I picked up seems like it has potash and dap in it, at least it looks like it. I do know these fertilizers release extremely slow I am pretty sure it takes years for these to open up so im not sure what is going on with this soil but I think were on the right track for sure.

I do have a box fan that I only run about 6 hours a day on low settings though I do not have any proper airflow out of the closet.

And sorry I was way off on the bulbs they are 15w 65w equivalent bulbs, the are however 6500k bulbs and 900 lumens. I know I am very low on the lights but its all I can do right now :( I am not picky I just want enough bud to get me in between grows with some good quality.

Let me know what you think and thank you for the great quick reply

I recommend 100 watts minimum. Walmart has 26 watt bulbs, 6 packs for $16 and iv used them with great success before.

30 watts, you'll probably only pull a few grams.

its hard to say. but at 100 watts, you will see a lot faster growth, overall better health. and from my experience, IF you utilize your space and CFL's properly, i found 7 grams per 26 watt bulb was fairly average for myself.

the last CFL batch i did, i used 14 26 watt bulbs, and ended up about 2 grams shy of 4 zips.

so with 4-6 26's i would say around 1 zip.

but again. its very hard to say, due to several different factors, and grow styles, strain, etc etc.

also, i would leave the box fan on all the time. and maybe get a PC fan or two blowing out of the closet. stale air isnt your friend.

Thank you very much your information is very helpful and I really appreciate it really I do. Being an Autoflowering plant do you think I can get away with less light? I was really hoping to get half an ounce but that seems impossible lol, and how do you feel my plant is doing so far for its age and the little light it has been exposed to? Thanks again and I am posting a image of today here in a moment

Light directly affects yeild. Less light. Less yeild. Autoflower or not.

Id say the soil is a little hot, but it looks on track for the amount of light you have

Even adding one of those 300watt equivalents,(I think they are 85 watts) or trading your two current cfls for 2 of those big ones would be an awesome mini setup.

I think those ones run about $15 each from Walmart. But you would expect at least a zip assuming you keep her healthy and well looked after.

This young plant looks to be in pretty good shape. I would give it a dilute liquid nute. Or possibly some dry organic nute as a top dress, (Chicken , rabbit, Bat)... Is your fan blowing directly on this plant ? And as the others have mentioned get some more watts on her.

This my first grow so be easy on me please!

I have two cfl 6500k bulbs 85w equivalent bulbs

Organic soil

Blue majestic autoflowering femininized

I do have a current grow journal though I am looking for a quick answer if possible. I am on my third week if I am correct, I am trying to figure out 1. If my plant is healthy 2. Why are my tips are brown 3. How close am I to seeing some buds I know all of this is a lot to ask and very hard to tell but these are the things that are driving me crazy. Thanks for understanding

Thank you for the information, anyone ever use 28% or ammonia? I also have straight 32% nitrogen I could topdress with, would this be a good/bad idea? If I were to use it I could delute it like you mentioned

Would really need to read the package as I'm not familiar with the specific products mentioned. General purpose tomato / vegetable ferts will get you by.

Thank you for the information, anyone ever use 28% or ammonia? I also have straight 32% nitrogen I could topdress with, would this be a good/bad idea? If I were to use it I could delute it like you mentioned

Back
Top Bottom