My First Grow

skeetseats

Hello everyone, im going to apologize for my poor grammar and punctuation before we even start.

This is my first grow with Blue Mystic, autoflower, femininized seeds. I am going to only grow one at a time due to my poor lighting situation, i have organic soil and agricultural fertilizers. X2 CFL 6500k 65 or 85 watt equivalent bulbs, 24 hour timer, and a good ole box fan!

This is my first attempt so any advice would be greatly appreciated! I am starting this a little late (sorry) but I am on my 2nd week and (Ella) what my girlfriend decided to name her seems to be doing great!

My bottom two leaves are starting to curl up and die but from what I have read so far this is going to happen. The only thing I have noticed so far was one of the tips were slightly yellow on my first set of leaves... not sure why :( im sure the first person is gonna ask what my ph levels are and unfortunately I dont have testing equipment quite yet. I will follow up with some pictures asap.

20130901_184439.jpg

Ty, did your look similar? And you know when I should start giving it fertilizer? And lol how much did you get off your harvest? Thx

Also I am worries because ive never seen any water come out of the bottom of the pot. Would it be because I am not giving it enough water or because my drainage sucks? I just use a little squirt bottle, mist over the plant and the soil till its wet once a day

The downturned leaf tips and yellowing are a sign of nutrient burn. Overall the plant looks healthy though. I am not sure if you have a slow release or time release fert in the soil, but that could be hard on a young plant especially if there are ferts in your soil too. Watering every day may not be necessary. As a general rule wait for the soil to be almost completely dry before watering. You can tell by the weight of the container, by seeing if dirt sticks to your finger, from the turgidity of the petioles, or with a moisture meter. When you do water water just enough that a very small amount of water leaks out. If your soil stays too wet the roots wont go looking for food/water. This will stunt your plant. As far as the lighting you may want to add a 2700 watt bulb as well. What are Compact Fluorescents and How Can I use them for Growing?. These is tons of good info under the 'grow room' tab up top. Gl, and welcome to -
:420:

Thanks guys for the quick replys! I gave it more water than usual this morning and im going to see how it reacts to it, I am on well water so i think it helps in my favor though I will take your advice and get a cheap kit for sure. I do have a 2500k bulb laying in the closet so I will go tommorow and get another socket for it. Like I said this is my first grow and I appreciate you guys help very much. Ive just been kind of depressed about the grow just causd it seems like mine is growing much slower than many of the grows I have seen on here, any input on that? Thanks again and I will try to get some more pics up prolly tommorow

You are most welcome. There is no need to feel badly, just think of it as a learning experience. A lot of people on here have been growing their whole lives, and been taught by people who did the same. They are also familiar with strains, soils, ferts,... If you stick around and check out a lot of journals you will learn a ton. Just remember that sometimes less is more. Keep it simple, and have fun.

Thanks man, ya ive been reading grow logs like crazy haha. Though I know research is important I know I will be a lot better off once I get a few grows under my belt

Back
Top Bottom