Five Minute Moka Pot Cannabutter

Mike Wright

420 Support
420 Staff
I have mentioned this method a few times and it's so simple today I thought I'd share it up. Five minutes is the time it takes to load the moka pot and do the extraction. Not counting the 45 minutes to decarb the bud or the hour to cool the butter. I love this method because it is quick and easy, especially the cleanup.

1. Pack 7-10 g of decarbed bud into the filter basket
2. Put 1/4 lb of butter into bottom of the moka pot, put some on the bud
3. Fill the bottom almost to the valve with boiling water, pour some over the bud
4. Put moka pot on hot burner
5. Close the lid near the end or it will splatter
6. Pour the butter-extract into a freezer-safe bowl (I pre-chill that to speed cooling)
7. Use a small glass to press the bud and pour that into the bowl
8. After 60-90 minutes in the freezer, drain the liquid from the bowl. Cannabudder!

Process.JPG

Ive not heard of a Moka Pot before. How does it work? :hmmmm:

Seems like most of the butter is separated from the bud, so how does it infuse?
The butter boils up through the filter basket from the bottom and extracts through the bud under high pressure. It is a lo-tech espresso machine.

Thanks. I guess I'm surprised that butter would do that. Seems to work pretty well from your description.
It is mixed with boiling water.

That part i get but I always thought boiling water was a way to remove the water and leave the rest behind. The fact that butter will change state and move with the steam is something I didn't think would happen.

Very cool. And sounds like a great way to make infused butter.

Does all of the butter get retained in the upper pot when it's done?

Does all of the butter get retained in the upper pot when it's done?
95% of the mixture goes up top. After I squeeze out the bud there are about two tablespoons in the bottom that I add back. It is pretty efficient.

Back
Top Bottom