Fix this situation?

VoidNo2

Correct this situation with a poor girl's salary.

Got a 5 gallon black bucket for a deep water bubbler. Drilled in the side is one hole is a line for a 20 gallon rated air pump, and an aquarium water warmer. Attached to the air line is a 6" sand air stone. There is a hole in the lid for a 3" net pot with rockwool and clay pellets.

I'm using a dropper for PH, using Monty's 8-16-8 liquid plant food (for soil only?). I am getting a PPM meter in the mail soon.

I made a 3 piece mount for three 3600 lumen compact fluorescent bulbs. A fan is next to it as well.

I will be placing this set up in an attic soon. No seeds yet, and no growing. What do I need to change first? And for the love of God, someone please tell me exactly what nutrient to use? Maybe a link to something on ebay?

Correct this situation with a poor girl's salary.

Got a 5 gallon black bucket for a deep water bubbler. Drilled in the side is one hole is a line for a 20 gallon rated air pump, and an aquarium water warmer. Attached to the air line is a 6" sand air stone. There is a hole in the lid for a 3" net pot with rockwool and clay pellets.

I'm using a dropper for PH, using Monty's 8-16-8 liquid plant food (for soil only?). I am getting a PPM meter in the mail soon.

I made a 3 piece mount for three 3600 lumen compact fluorescent bulbs. A fan is next to it as well.

I will be placing this set up in an attic soon. No seeds yet, and no growing. What do I need to change first? And for the love of God, someone please tell me exactly what nutrient to use? Maybe a link to something on ebay?

Welcome! Looks like you are just about ready to get growing!

The following is my opinion only, others will have their own opinions too.
I'll start from the top of your post.
How cold is it in your attic? I noticed you listed an aquarium heater...dwc water should ideally stay in the mid to high 60's to low 70's F. Usually there is no need to heat the water.
The cfl's sound like enough like to get you going, just make sure they are in the 6500 kelvin range for vegging.
As stated above by PrariePoet, no need for nutes with the seedling. Once they get some roots established and grow a few nodes then a very light feeding is in order.

This is what I use with no problems, very simple and brings your tap water ph down

General Hydroponics FloraNova Grow Qt Free Ship - eBay (item 190347761620 end time Nov-02-10 15:01:32 PDT)
You can use that by itself to keep it very simple, or you can add these through veg too:
FLORALICIOUS PLUS - PINT SIZE-GENERAL HYDROPONICS - eBay (item 270625987703 end time Oct-22-10 13:07:32 PDT)
General Hydroponics FloraBlend 32 oz - Quart - eBay (item 260622333177 end time Nov-16-10 06:03:34 PST)

Good luck with everything!!

Thank you all for your help. I'm vvery new to the scene and I'm hoping that I will do well. ;3
The attic itself is slowly starting to get cooler, as to be expected with the change in weather. I have not put my lighting setup there yet, I am worried that I will have some light leaks to fix. I’ll also have a problem finding an excuse to go up there now and then to look at my future plants.
I got the heater just as an “oh well” thing. If I need it I’ll have it, if not… oh well. ;3
I will be increasing the number of lights I’ll be using, but money is tight right now so I’ll be slowly increasing my collection.
I didn’t mention it earlier, but I’m on a well. Lots of calcium and iron, but it’s very very basic, I got a little container of vinegar for that. But this nute will lower the PH, probably better than vinegar. :p

So I'm scared to buy seeds. Does anyone know a really secure seller? Or does anyone want to proxy for me? <3

A couple suggestions

1. fill the chamber with as much air stone as it will hold

2. You might need 4-8 buckets with seedlings to determine the best females, and cull the males.
3. Better to under fert than over fert Grow ratio 2-1-1 Flower 1-2-4
4. MJ does not need anywhere near the P-K that the nute companies promote for explosive bud
5. Keep your ferts simple until you gave a few grows under your belt/bra. Dutch Master One- Grow and Flower would be great choices, but I have had good results with Fox Farm and Botanicare. I am sure most nutes are good IF you know which of their product line to choose. Don't go crazy until you hav 3-4 grows and study behind you.

MJ is a hardy plant that somehow produces good s*&t in spite of most growers ignorance (I include myself). If you are a student of the process, over time, you will hone your skills and knowledge. I have seen some awesome results here from first time growers. Beginners luck...Who cares?

Good luck.

Well, it's a separate house on the peoperty. I live there with my partner, but that's it. I doubt that I would have any problems in the attic. Any suggestions?

Lol, much appreciated everybody. I have my setup just like how I want it, I have the attic lightproof and have lots of ventilation now. I think sometime in the next month I'll be buying my seeds to begin my first grow. <3

Lol, much appreciated everybody. I have my setup just like how I want it, I have the attic lightproof and have lots of ventilation now. I think sometime in the next month I'll be buying my seeds to begin my first grow. <3

I have an AK 48 seed from my last grow that I don't plan on germinating, I would be willing to donate it to a good cause. 90% chance it will be female.

Good luck with everything!

Any strain you obtain will be OK but if you want long flower times get a Sativa dominant plant. If you are looking to grow buds quickly and quietly I suggest an Indica dominat strain. An old favorite bred for indoors is Northern Lights#5 heavy yeids of crystal coated buds or Afghani, or Chemdog.

Back
Top Bottom