Flo's Medical Strain Reviews - with ramblings

flowitheworld

Well shucks...

I just had another thread I was about to post a long one with lots of ramblings and somehow pushed something that went a page back and I lost the entire thing... worthless, maybe it will come back another day.

Now all I am interested in is documenting strain info, ramblings will be secondary. Man that is so frustrating and angering it really builds the rage in me, but thank nature for our precious plant that can take all that anger away.

I am an AZ medical patient. I usually purchase meds from AARCH Club in Tempe, though I have zero affiliations, I just find they have a great value.

This first strain the dispensary was calling Redwood or Redwood OG. I smoked my entire ounce except for this one nugget which I figured I would photograph and document today before finishing it off. It is a fairly heavier smoke I think, almost oily tasting, they describe as earthy is a good way of putting it kind of too. Lots of red hairs that really stick out in my photo more than just looking at it in normal light. Now I have already finished off the last hit of a bowl from yesterday of some white rhino from same dispensary, so I am feeling mildly buzzed, but I will report how this first greens bowl of today of the Redwood makes me feel and what I can find my mind to put into words during the session.

OK, first exhale also has piney notes and kind of like some kind of indian spice or something I cant quite put my finger on. Maybe not that heavy of smoke actually, but seems like it because of the oiliness to the taste. My normal hit is a normal persons large hit and it was very light on the throat. Starting to get a nice sedative feeling in head and a little laziness coming on. But fairly easy to fight that if you need to get something done. Feeling like maybe I should about now so I will leave it at that.

For now here is what the dispensary says:

Redwood

Indica Dominant-Using this strain is like taking a long walk through the forests of its namesake. Relaxing and blissful, Redwood Kush provides users with a feeling of peace and ease. Taking after the earthy Northern California environment, this strain features a pine-like, herbal scent. Best for nighttime use, Redwood Kush has sedative, tingly body effects. Don’t expect to get much done after using this indica, as most users feel spacey and are unable to focus or get work done.

Description
Member Price
1 gram $16.00
3.5 g (1/8oz) $50.00
7 g (1/4oz) $90.00
14 g (1/2oz) $170.00
28 g (1oz) $330.00

And here is the dispensary picture:
Redwood1.jpg

Now here is my picture I took earlier (note: this bud is over 3 months old):
DSCN22644.JPG

Alright I will keep ramblings to minimum since too much last time ruined my post...

Take it easy folks and keep flowing with the world, but know that every little positive change you can make for yourself will lead to a positive change in the world.

Flo

I have some pictures of a TAHOE OG from Harvest of Tempe. I can get details later but just wanted to get the photo in so that I make some kind of progress to this for Christ sake where is my discipline...
DSCN22586.JPG

DSCN22664.JPG

Hello fellow friends and appreciators of cannabis.

Unfortunately my camera's SD card somehow become corrupted and its a good thing I had just recently put everything onto my comp for the first time before one of these things happened.

Well I am saving the strains I have so no worries, once I get a new SD card I will take pics of them all. But the dispensary's website doesn't have any of the information on them so I don't know what to do except give my own reviews.

I realized after posting this originally onto here that I never actually came out with the original intentions of this entire thing. I must admit I was a closet smoker in high school and would regularly go onto these kind of forums and get inspiration for growing and great info as well just from reading from this great website, or a similar one.

I guess I feel like I need to give back now to all those who inspired me to understand that the war on cannabis is a joke and that the facts are there for anyone to see as long as they don't let propaganda guide them towards the comfortable answer...

I never thought I would have seen the beginning of the rising tide in Colorado and Washington a few years back, but I am constantly humbled by the outcome and its consequences that have been overwhelmingly positive.

I have made this too long now, so I will end by saying thank you all for your inspiration and lets continue to try to inspire as many others as we can to make sure this rising tide does not get pushed back as it did in the 1970s.

flo

Hi Scarfinger68, the Tahoe OG was very good for night-time, indica type effects, and I still have a little bit and usually use it when I had a long day/week at work and need a long night of sleep that night when I get home. It works wonders, helps the appetite a bit, but doesn't make me need to over-eat as much as the Sativas will do to me. That's why I usually like the Indicas for my weekdays smoking, so I don't binge eat and have a food hangover at work the next day, and then smoke whatever I want on weekends. Although I smoke whatever I want any and every day of the week anyways, so its not too big of a deal. It has a strongly spicey aroma/taste to it if I remember correctly and isn't too overpowering.

I wanted to update this thread and add some new pictures of some new strains from a new dispensary I tried. I also tried another new one, which is close to my new apartment, but I haven't taken pictures yet of those strains, so those will be coming in the next post.

These new strains are from a dispensary in Tempe AZ called Trumed. I am pretty sure the nuggets I found here are some of the best I have found at any dispensary. Prices are a little higher, $390 an ounce after taxes, but I got to mix and match the ounce and all strains were easily the highest top shelf strains I have seen in AZ so far.

Strains I purchased were:

OG KUSH : HIGHEST TESTING OG KUSH IN AZ!!! THC: 22.6% CBD: .10%
Very strong in the pungent smelling department and an amazingly strong smoke. Hashy taste and will knock you on your ass onto the couch for at least a few hours out of your day.
DSCN22783.JPG

Banana Diesel: THC: 20.02% | CBD: .20%
This one is pretty unique in that you can really pick out the Sour Diesel notes in the smell and taste, but there is a little something extra in there as well that is hard to put a finger on, but I have always loved me my banana strains, so I cant get enough.
DSCN22766.JPG

Strawberry Diesel: THC I think was around 21% and CBD around 0.1% if I remember correctly. These nugs are solid as rocks and very good sized. It was still a little wet when I got it so I have the chance to cure it very well and this thing smells so fruity it is a pleasure just to open the jar every once in awhile for a nice whiff of it. Ive been saving these and haven't smoked a lot but the fruitiness in the smell comes through very strongly in the smoke and it is a very pleasant smoke that is about as sweet as they come. Almost like a treat to smoke this one.
DSCN22793.JPG

Strawberry Cough: THC I think was around 19% and CBD around 0.1% if I remember correctly again. Taste is off the charts strongest strawberry cough Ive tasted before in fruityness. Great flavor brings me back to the times I used to get pounds of it and it would reak up my room back in college.
DSCN22774.JPG

Enjoy the bud pics and if you live in Phoenix AZ area, I would recommend checking out Trumed because their quality might be the best I have found so far and the price is decent for that type of quality, so you cant really go wrong. Especially if you are someone who likes to smoke many different strains because they really let you mix and match your ounce with no added charge or anything. I hope more people find this place and see what I am talking about in the quality department. It is also really nice to know that they test all of their meds and give out the results to their patients without hesitation. Thanks Trumed, you guys are a killer dispensary option for those in the Tempe area.

Later guys, keep flowing.

Alright I just took pics of the other strains I got from the other new dispensary I just tried this last weekend. This dispensary is called Monarch and is located in Scottsdale AZ. I was a little disappointed with the quality at first because nothing really caught my eye as good as the strains at Trumed, however after bringing them home and looking at them under good light, these strains are very frosty and even though there are no test results, these strains are quite enjoyably flavorful and potent as well. So I am not really disappointed at all and was happy I tried a new dispensary just to remind me I should be going back to Trumed, and also my old dispensary AARCH Club when I need some more gummy bear 180mg edibles, since they are the cheapest there.

OK Here we go, Strains I purchased at Monarch :

Blackberry OG : High Potency 17% to 22%
DSCN23065.JPG

Golden Goat : Extreme Potency // 22% + THC This sativa dominant hybrid strain has the genetics of ISS x Hawaiian Romulan. Medical uses include stress, pain, nausea, migraines and reflux/gastric issues. This batch tested over 4% in the terpenes limonene and linalool. Patients may feel euphoric, happy, and creative. It has a creeper component so expect changes as time passes.
This strain smells extremely like Trainwreck to me and I was wondering if maybe it was mislabeled, but still is very potent and testy strain so I am not worried.
DSCN23075.JPG

Green Crack : Extreme Potency // 22% + THC This Sativa is pure cannabis don't let the name confuse you. It has a sweet, citrus palate and provides cerebral effects with a good CBD testing number for pain relief. Medical uses include stress, depression, pain, fatigue, anxiety, migraines, and PTSD. Patients may feel uplifted, energetic, happy and creative.
DSCN23084.JPG

Enjoy for now, I will be back after my next purchase to keep the pics coming.

Ciao fellow cannabis lovers.

flo

Back
Top Bottom