Flourescent DWC - Am I good?

lootznbootz

Ok so I have been looking for one of those questionnaires that gives the reader a better understanding of my setup but can't find one if anyone has it or knows where I can find it Tia!

But I'll do my best to explain my setup.

As my First grow I didn't purchase genetics just used seeds I had.
My system is a simple DWC 14 Gallon tote with 4 3.75in. netpots (i only use 7 Gallons)
I have a submersible water pump in the res. to mix the water
A 20-60 Gallon airpump with 2 14in airstones
The seeds broke the rockwool cube on June 1st
They stayed under 18/6 until July 25th when They received only 12 hours of light

I am using AN 3 PART GMB no additives.
I have General organics calimag but am not using it right now
I also have Epsom salt but am not using that either

My lighting I am using 10 32w T8 tubes 8 warm 2 cool
With these I have mixed the spectrum a little more by having
4 2700k bulbs 1600lumens 4 3000k bulbs 1850lumens and 2 5000k bulbs 2800lumens
4 cfl bulbs
2 75w equivalent & 2 60w equivalent
With these the 2 60w are 2700k 900lumens
The 2 75w are 3000k I believe and 1650lumens

So total watts 572
Total lumens around 24500
Give or take that 500 in either direction but I'm sure that's pretty close

I am using the far open corner of my basement I do not have a tent atm.
But I have the lights surrounding my tote and a windshield sunblocker in the open spaces to reflect some of the light lost and keep some heat in my grow area.

My grow area is about 4x3 roughly.

My question I guess is I plan on upgrading in the next couple of weeks to a 400w mh/hps. Because I know I am not getting as much out of my lighting as I would if I used the same amount of power with an hid to be using upwards toward 600 watts including my pumps and fan I might as well get an hid.

BUT!!!!!!!
Before I do I want some advice on my situation. Am I at or near where I should be with the equipment I have am I right on track or am I behind as far as growth and where I should be. And if I am is it simply my equipment or is it user error. Because if I'm the problem id hate to upgrade to more expensive equipment only to get the same results Because of my ignorance.

I understand that I might be seeing slow growth due to the lights I have not having avi as much penetration as say and hid. But for as long as I've been in flower I expected much more than what I see.
If it is just slow growth because of the lights do I just keep them flowering until they get the size I want them to be?

Could it be that I'm not using proper genetics and I'm getting out what I put in?
I know need to upgrade but I'm putting all the time and extra money I can for now.
My plants are healthy theyve been defoiled twice now Because they were just outta control and I needed to control size and space plus get some better penetration to the inner branches and budsites. Is there any point of adding the hid yet should I just stick to what I have and finish with what I got? Sorry just rambling any last minute stuff I can think of sorry any and all help is much appreciated Tia homies

Here are some photos I have more if anyone would like
20150906_140921.jpg
20150906_140913.jpg
20150906_140907.jpg
20150906_140825.jpg

Found it!!!! :volcano-smiley:

What Strain is it? Bag seed
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? From what I can tell is 2 sativa 1 indicia
How Many Plants? 3
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Flowering
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydro
If Hydro, Reservoir size? 14 Gallon tote only use 7 gallons
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature? 72.3
If Hydro, what type of Medium? Rockwool cube and hydroton pellets
If Hydro, what type of Setup? Dwc
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 10 32 watt t8 tubes 4 cfls 2 75 w 2 60 w equivalent
Is it Air Cooled? No
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 70-77
RH of Room/Cabinet? 50-60
PH of Medium or Reservoir? I aim for 5.5 but keep is between 5.0 - 6.5
Any Pests? Not anymore fungas gnats but I got rid of them quickly with a concentrate
How Often are you Watering? I change the nutes bout every week sometimes sooner if the plants drink all the water
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? Advanced nutrients 3 PART gmb running 1-2-3 at about 875 ppm my tap water is 143
Size or Square Footage of Room? Basement but my area is about 4x3

Back
Top Bottom