What I am dealing with

Giiggllez

Hello, all

I am a new member to this site, and just thought I would share with you the plans I have for a future small room one plant grow op. Now, keep in mind I have never grown before, so I am trying to gather as much advice, facts, and tips you have. My budget isn't the best right now, but plan on upgrading in the future.

After breaking a nug down I got from my local dispensary, I discovered two beautiful, healthy seeds. This is all I needed, I have been wanting to get seeds for a while. I plan on using 5, 23w(100w) 5000k Daylight CFL lights from vegetative on. This way I won't be forced to change out from 6700k to 2000k~. I plan on using strictly 24 hour light cycle during vegetative, than 12/12 for flowering. I plan to use a 3 gallon container so my plant will hopefully be roughly 24-36" and I am estimating yielding 100-200g.

The soil I plan on using is Fox Farm's Organic Ocean Forest, now I plan on not using any fertilizer since Ocean Forest contains crab meal, guano, worm castings, and everything else my babies will need. Do any of you experienced growers agree with me on this decision? I really don't want to risk burning, or overdosing my plant with nutrients and I am afraid this will occur if I use fertilizer and Ocean Forest. I plan on having the 5 lights 1-5" from the plant for her entire life cycle, until harvest. The room I am doing this in has a ceiling fan that I plan to use as exhaust, the room is very small, about room for just 2 plants, and I wouldn't have much room than. Do you think this fan(4") will be enough for ventilation? I plan on having a 6" fan on low on the plant for heat, as well as air circulation. The pots I plan to use is 'Smart Pots'. They aren't plastic so the roots can have oxygen and heat displacement. What do any of you know about the Ona products for odor removal? Do you think it will be necessary for just one small plant? The buds that the seeds came from are pretty potent, with a lot of trichs.

What do you all think? Please I could use any advice you have, I would like to learn a lot from my first grow!
Thanks for your time!
[/URL]​

Hello, all

I am a new member to this site, and just thought I would share with you the plans I have for a future small room one plant grow op. Now, keep in mind I have never grown before, so I am trying to gather as much advice, facts, and tips you have. My budget isn't the best right now, but plan on upgrading in the future.

After breaking a nug down I got from my local dispensary, I discovered two beautiful, healthy seeds. This is all I needed, I have been wanting to get seeds for a while. I plan on using 5, 23w(100w) 5000k Daylight CFL lights from vegetative on. This way I won't be forced to change out from 6700k to 2000k~. I plan on using strictly 24 hour light cycle during vegetative, than 12/12 for flowering. I plan to use a 3 gallon container so my plant will hopefully be roughly 24-36" and I am estimating yielding 100-200g.

The soil I plan on using is Fox Farm's Organic Ocean Forest, now I plan on not using any fertilizer since Ocean Forest contains crab meal, guano, worm castings, and everything else my babies will need. Do any of you experienced growers agree with me on this decision? I really don't want to risk burning, or overdosing my plant with nutrients and I am afraid this will occur if I use fertilizer and Ocean Forest. I plan on having the 5 lights 1-5" from the plant for her entire life cycle, until harvest. The room I am doing this in has a ceiling fan that I plan to use as exhaust, the room is very small, about room for just 2 plants, and I wouldn't have much room than. Do you think this fan(4") will be enough for ventilation? I plan on having a 6" fan on low on the plant for heat, as well as air circulation. The pots I plan to use is 'Smart Pots'. They aren't plastic so the roots can have oxygen and heat displacement. What do any of you know about the Ona products for odor removal? Do you think it will be necessary for just one small plant? The buds that the seeds came from are pretty potent, with a lot of trichs.

What do you all think? Please I could use any advice you have, I would like to learn a lot from my first grow!
Thanks for your time!
[/URL]​

Alot of people seem to have a bit of trouble with ocean forest. pH issues and nutrients burn issues mostly. I've heard it's better if you mix in extra perlite or possibly do a 40/40/20 mix of happy frog/ocean forest/perlite. The nutrients in those soils will last about 6 weeks so you will need extra nutrients after the first 6 weeks of growth.

Alot of people seem to have a bit of trouble with ocean forest. pH issues and nutrients burn issues mostly. I've heard it's better if you mix in extra perlite or possibly do a 40/40/20 mix of happy frog/ocean forest/perlite. The nutrients in those soils will last about 6 weeks so you will need extra nutrients after the first 6 weeks of growth.

What is the NPK ratio of what I will need after the 6 weeks? How can I tell what the ratio is I will need when I am growing? I know the plants usually tell, but how can I see for myself the signs of nutrient deficiency, or pH unbalancing? Ocean Forest has a pH of about 6.3-6.8 which is great for plants right?

What is the NPK ratio of what I will need after the 6 weeks? How can I tell what the ratio is I will need when I am growing? I know the plants usually tell, but how can I see for myself the signs of nutrient deficiency, or pH unbalancing? Ocean Forest has a pH of about 6.3-6.8 which is great for plants right?

If you stick to one company's line of nutes, then you can just follow their feed schedule (starting at quarter strength and working up). That will give you a good balance of NPK as well as trace elements. As for when you should start adding them, 6-7 weeks after they break ground is a good estimate, but you'll just have to just feel it out by keeping track of the color of the plant and watching it's leaves carefully. A plant will tell you when it's hungry.

This is a good thread to read through to get to know what certain deficiencies look like:
Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Hey giggles - you may have already noticed it- I think the link that Iwitfum gave you is contained in this section of 420 -
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know which is a real treasure trove.
Those 4" bathroom fans, if that's the sort you are asking about, are fairly useless, but may be enough for one plant.
Ona doesn't really remove odor, but masks it with another scent. It works surprisingly well, and again, may well be enough for one plant.
As iwitfum pointed out, Ocean forest comes up a lot as the source of nutrient burn, but not terrible nute burn. And as far as figuring out what nutes you'll need down the road, you have a bit of time to decide still. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom