Flowers in the rain

I am growing three in pots on my patio and am approximately ½ way through flower, maybe a bit more for the amnesia fast. We get frequent rain here so I recently started putting the plants under cover for protection from the rain. I try and place them in a spot where the sun would hit them if it were out, but it’s not always possible.

How important is it to keep the buds dry? Is it ok if placed out of where the sun’s rays would be shining?

Attachments

• DSC00101.JPG
    DSC00101.JPG
    833.7 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC00102.JPG
    DSC00102.JPG
    843.1 KB · Views: 53
The plants like the rain. 420% on that. Some strains are better at fighting off mold and PM.

let them get some rain then move them to shelter. You just dont want to let them sit out at night when it gets cool after a rain. Bring them in when its cooler at night. Cool nights = very high humidity and good conditions for mold and PM. The rain actually will wash off the spores so thats not a bad thing and the rain water is good for the plant.

Even your drive way getting wet and drying will blow spores into your buds , then the humidity will get them going , the rain is harbouring spores , read up on it , Russian roulette would be safer lol .. it dosnt take much to wreck your hard work , prevention is better than cure

Those buds are too tight to mess around leaving in rain , im telling you they will rot from the inside out in no time , they are dense looking , give us a close up pic if you can please , i would never chance rain that far in , id jump in a river quicker , it breaks your heart trust me
Buds are dense. Closeups are the amnesia fast. Per the number of flower days it should be ready to take in just under 3 weeks. The weather here has been cool and humid.

Attachments

• DSC00107.JPG
    DSC00107.JPG
    892.1 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC00108.JPG
    DSC00108.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 52
  • DSC00109.JPG
    DSC00109.JPG
    834.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 20200906_151712.jpg
    20200906_151712.jpg
    506.4 KB · Views: 48
It is the relative humidity you need to watch out for when growing out doors but this would largely depend on where you live in the world,

It is pretty much the same for growing indoors & we all like a lower RH in mid to late flowering.

Most decent online fore cast will show aprox RH in your area.

It is the relative humidity you need to watch out for when growing out doors but this would largely depend on where you live in the world,

It is pretty much the same for growing indoors & we all like a lower RH in mid to late flowering.

Most decent online fore cast will show aprox RH in your area.
We have some early cold, wet and humid days. Today the high was 59, low 46 with humidity at 84%. It will start warming up a bit tomorrow. Its always fairly humid.

Well I'm not an out door grower but RH 80% + would send a shiver down my spine & I've never really kept track of others out door grows to see what they pull off in their own parts of the world.

So ye a tough call to make.

I have heard of a UK grower force flowering 12/12 out doors tho & tested the bud it was some years ago.... 7 am roll out plants from shed 7 pm roll plants into shed 12/12 so this quickened up ripening than let nature do its thing when in the autumn in the UK you could aspect a harvest in October thus reducing the chance of bud rot with an early harvest.

We have some early cold, wet and humid days. Today the high was 59, low 46 with humidity at 84%. It will start warming up a bit tomorrow. Its always fairly humid.
Those temps are the recipe for mold and PM. When it gets cool at night the RH is thru the roof prolly even have fog if its not windy. Thats never good.. Rain is better it washes off the spores. Once they take hold tho its just time.

I'm purely an indoor grower as I can control the environment quite well where I live a majority of the time.

Only had rot twice !

First ever grow, but that was doing the slow air dry.

Second time I was doing a hempy bucket & soil grow comparison these where F1 hybrid seeds from nirvana the strain was called chrystal I think... I had some seriously fat colas on those girls but night time RH went 90% due to two water leaks in the house which I didn't know about in till later... water torture drip, drip, drip over a long time gave my girls rot.

I had two phenotype expressions on those F1 seeds, soil was short & compact the hempy seemed tall & longer internode length... chucked a good 50% away & still come out with 7 oz dry it would of been one of my largest yields to date with 4 plants if successful !

The spores of rot would normally get in around mid flowering from past experience if conditions are bad & those lovelies where a 10 week strain, I pulled those at 8.

Don't take much to go south... go back to the first pic you want to watch for signs of sugar leafs going yellow in the main cola pretty much a localised area but not all over as you may expect nutrient def.

Providing ya not getting peaks of high RH of a period of long time you sound be fine.

The spores of rot would normally get in around mid flowering from past experience if conditions are bad & those lovelies where a 10 week strain, I pulled those at 8.

Don't take much to go south... go back to the first pic you want to watch for signs of sugar leafs going yellow in the main cola pretty much a localised area but not all over as you may expect nutrient def.

Providing ya not getting peaks of high RH of a period of long time you sound be fine.
I know all about rot, spores and bugs. I lived north shore maui for years. Doing what I can & know. Keeping them clean and dry if there is no sun. No decay. Looking good in the sun today. Sorry your indoor rotted.

Attachments

• DSC00119.JPG
    DSC00119.JPG
    853.1 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC00111.JPG
    DSC00111.JPG
    953.9 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC00114.JPG
    DSC00114.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 44
Your plants are looking lovely :yummy:

The yield should be a good few oz dry by the looks of things & the lst is really helping out fatten those colas up, keep up the good work.

Thank you, just hoping for the best and doing what I can. I asked about the rain to see what others do outside with rain and dew. I have some grow experience but always want to know what others do. Its a shame that your plant with the beautiful cola rotted. I've cut whole branches trying to make it to the end, only to trash the whole plant shooting for maturity. A breeze and sun are my friends. I try to keep dry and be sure not to change the orientation of the pot to the sun. Thanks for the feedback.

Back
Top Bottom