Raining

Is it bad to leave the plants outside in the rain? I don't know if it would make them to wet. I have them in fabric pots on top of milk crates so extra water can run off.
Hey @Smoking Granny56 hope your having a good day.
Rain can't hurt your ladies.
Even just before harvest you can hose down your ladies and it won't hurt trichomes or buds.
Just make sure the extra weight on the leaves doesn't snap off any vulnerable branches.
Bill

Even just before harvest you can hose down your ladies and it won't hurt trichomes or buds.
Just make sure the extra weight on the leaves doesn't snap off any vulnerable branches.
Bill
It's not a heavy rain. It's a slow constant rain. I have them in fabric pots cause I have heard so much about them.

It's not a heavy rain. It's a slow constant rain. I have them in fabric pots cause I have heard so much about them.
Fabric pots are fantastic. Excellent choice.
As I mentioned water won't hurt anything.
Pot grows outside for hundreds of years with out issues.
Please just make sure the extra weight doesn't snap any branches off.
Look at branches and see if any are bent over from the extra weight.
That will break them off from the main stem.
Bill

Bill

I just looked at the weather. Rain all day and through the night. Slow not downpour so plants will be fine. Even fabric pots are good for this cause the extra can run off bottom and sides so they are not getting water logged.

The only way to overwater these plants is by watering too often... the soil can only hold so much rain and then the rest will drain out of the bottom. The problems occur when it rains day after day for an extended period of time when too much rain can start to cause troubles. This is one reason why drainage is so important in an outdoor bed... to move that water away when it starts building up. In containers, if deficiencies start being seen because of the monsoons, either temporarily move them under something to block the additional rain or put foil over the top of the soil to provide a temporary shield.

In addition to the good advice above too much rain can wash out nutrient levels in the medium, otherwise normal rain is a free and clean source of water!

You can also cover the soil with foil, cardboard, plastic.. etc raised in the center sloped down to the edges for run off. This is if you are concerned about too much water or nute run off. As @Emilya said, Run Off Is Key! Without good run off you end up with a mud pool and root rot.

The problems I got with plants outside is when I brought them back inside with pests on them. Those pests grow GREAT inside without any predators.

Best to leave outdoor plants outside and inside plants inside.

You can grow outdoors in fabric pots. It's how the pros grow.

What size pots are we talking?

Bill

Well right now we are getting rain. I'm collecting it in buckets with dry fert in them. Hope the rain water with the dry nutes works and helps them to thrive more.

I wash my buds so a little water is not an issue. Humidity on the other hand day after day can be a little more problematic. Shake off the excess gently when the rain stops might be a good idea. If Really bad rain is forecast I try to bring the girls in for the night.

Well right now we are getting rain. I'm collecting it in buckets with dry fert in them. Hope the rain water with the dry nutes works and helps them to thrive more.
We got a lot of rain this morning as well on the west side of the state and my girls are doing just fine... All but 1 that is. I had 1 wicking pot I forgot to drill my drain hole in. It was muddy swamp puddle in the container. The plant is doing fine I just drained off the water and covered the soil to keep any new rain out till it drys out a bit. Also drilled the drain hole. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Update
We are expected rain for next 3 days. Will my lady be ok? Or should I bring her in and put her in the doorway where she will still get what light we have but also get her out of the rain. It won't screw up her cycle cause she would still be getting the light just out of the rain. I do not want her to flower yet so I don't want to expose her to the darkness just yet.

20210808_113121.jpg

I would think it should be fine, assuming your soil drains well. It actually probably depends on how much rain... if you mean it is going to rain constantly for 3 days, probably bring her in (for the first two of it anyway).

As Sueet said, If it drains well then she will be just fine. If you are worried about to much water then just cover the soil with a tent of tin foil. I grow outdoors and that is how I handle the heavy rain. Most times I just let them be.

Back
Top Bottom