Flush before harvest

AJFergie22

Hi i am 8wks into flowering with 12 white widow. I was wondering which is the best option, flushing them then just feeding PHed water till harvest, or do I just stop the ferts now and continue to water with PHed water??

do you have access to a 30, 60, or 100x scope? if so, check out your trichs, and if they are mostly cloudy... do your first option, flushing, then feeding just water.

if you dont, and cant get one, then i would start your flush now.

do you have access to a 30, 60, or 100x scope? if so, check out your trichs, and if they are mostly cloudy... do your first option, flushing, then feeding just water.

if you dont, and cant get one, then i would start your flush now.

Really? Never heard this before, not doubting your word just saying. I usually flush the first day in the last week of flowering. Is this not good?

it all depends, i find when using chemical nutes, you can flush for 1 week, and be fine, BUT, if you give a 2 week flush, its even better, very tasty, compaired to 1 week flush.

i normally go by trichs, but i also factor how the plant is growing.. if most trichs are cloudy, but she is still packing on weight, ill keep feeding. Then soon as she stops putting on weight, i aim for a 2 week flush. if my trichs are changing too fast, i only go 1 week on the flush.. but, if things are still looking good and not going past 30-40% amber (normally by this point they are about 10%) and continue with the second week of flush.

then give her a 48 ish hour dark period, and hack her down.

it all depends, i find when using chemical nutes, you can flush for 1 week, and be fine, BUT, if you give a 2 week flush, its even better, very tasty, compaired to 1 week flush.

i normally go by trichs, but i also factor how the plant is growing.. if most trichs are cloudy, but she is still packing on weight, ill keep feeding. Then soon as she stops putting on weight, i aim for a 2 week flush. if my trichs are changing too fast, i only go 1 week on the flush.. but, if things are still looking good and not going past 30-40% amber (normally by this point they are about 10%) and continue with the second week of flush.

then give her a 48 ish hour dark period, and hack her down.

Flush the entire week or once a week? I have always been confused by this. I am sure I prolly don't flush nearly enough. And I never knew to flush according to trich color, the first I have even heard of it. I will try this with the last 3 plants I have in flower now.:cheer::cheer::cheer:

thanks twelve/12! means a lot coming from someone like yourself.
----------------------------
QTL

flush the whole time.

once you commit to your flush.. keep it going, no more food.

if you have never done a "proper" flush.. i think you will be amazed with your next 3 :) it seriously is almost a night and day difference.

example.. i had 4 plants in an aeroponic setup a couple of years back (yes i tried aeroponics before ever trying hydro... lol) and everything went really good up until the last bit of flower.

right when i was about to start my flush, my drain holes got plugged one night, and i didnt notice for about 3 days. it was plugged just enough to have the end of my pipes fill up with water and drown the roots of my 2 end plants, but still was draining slow enough that it didnt reach the 2 plants at the beggining of the slope.

so anyways, long story short, i had to chop down the 2 plants that drown, do a big clean and start my flush.

the 2 that i cut, that didnt have a flush.. were harsh, didnt produce white ash, had a nasty taste, etc.

but the 2 that got a full 12 day flush of just water.. were amazing, (same strain, and were clones)
tasted sweet, no harshness, beautiful white ash, etc.

ever since then, i'v started flushing with the method i described above.

wait till they stop packing on weight, start the flush, and harvest once i have the trichs where i want them.

of course, some strains differ, and you might have to alter that method a little.. just watch the trichs, and try to gauge whats going to work best for you in reguards to how long you can flush or when you should start it.. but the method above is pretty close most of the time.

cheers and good luck :)

I guess I was going about it completely wrong. I would only flush once, stop feeding nutes but continued to give water until a few days before I planned to harvest. Even with doing this my bud wasn't harsh when I smoked it and I got white ash as well. I was just thinking flushing it for a straight week or 2 weeks would kill it. And what do you think is better, flushing with water or using a flushing agent?

i'v never used an agent, so i cant help ya out there.

basicly, once you start flushing... your fan leaves are going to start turning yellow.. and normally by harvest, are completely yellow/drained of nutrients.

if you are getting great results with just 3 days flush, i'd stick to it!

i think we are getting a bit confused terminology wise.. when i say a 1 or 2 weeks flush, what i mean is, flush the soil out really good once or twice, then just water her after that.. you dont have to keep fully flushing the soil, just, dont feed her.

sorry for that :p

Back
Top Bottom