Flushed too early

go4snypr

was seeing lots of milky trics the last week or two, started flush about 10 days ago. Growing capn style. In the last couple of days the leaves have really been turning yellow but the trics are not going amber. should I think about giving it more more nutes in the res or just let her go?? strain is ww x bb, just finished week 8....

Everything I have read tells me milky trics is what we want... Amber in color is past the harvest time and will significantly lower the thc levels!... I'm about 2 weeks behind you... Been doing plenty of reading on the subject... My first grow but things have worked out well for me so far... Pics from about 2 weeks ago... Buds have doubled in size since and still growing!
20150222_093513.jpg
20150221_095747.jpg

milky white hairs mean your plant is still growing, when it's near harvest they will change to the amber color, and when the hairs are about 75% amber the plant is ready to be harvested... someone with more expertise correct me if i'm wrong..

Yah I am waiting for about 5% amber just cut nutes too early. Getting pretty yellow. Gonna pull it Friday. Most tricks are milky. Just wasn't sure about adding more to keep it going for another week, but for the record I did not add more nutes. I think I will wait another week next time before flushing

milky white hairs mean your plant is still growing, when it's near harvest they will change to the amber color, and when the hairs are about 75% amber the plant is ready to be harvested... someone with more expertise correct me if i'm wrong..

You're right, but they're talking about amber trichs, and you're talking about amber hairs. Two separate ways to measure maturity.

There are two ways to measure the maturity of your plant before harvest, like mentioned above. The best way is trichome color.

You can gauge what effect you desire when harvesting by trich color

when-to-harvest13.jpg

If you lack proper magnification to look at trichomes, you can go by the color of the pistils.
whentoharvest11.jpg

Back
Top Bottom