Flushing medium

tyler durden

greetings...flushing roots every 2 weeks with plain tap water. they look fantastic. should the water be ph ajusted? should we flush more often? what about flushing solutions like clearex? thanx Ty...

i would slow down on flushing most people and i only flush when it really needs it or a week b4 harvest but u should ph so u don't get some kind of lockout in the long run.. mabe somebody will come up with some better advice.. good luck with ur grow:yummy:

I use to flush every 2 weeks and the results were good, but I am anal when it comes to smoking clean herb so I probably was overdoing it. I dont flush anymore but stop feeding at least 7-10 days before cropping. I now grow bio organic and doubt Ill ever go back to any other feeding.

I use to flush every 2 weeks and the results were good, but I am anal when it comes to smoking clean herb so I probably was overdoing it. I dont flush anymore but stop feeding at least 7-10 days before cropping. I now grow bio organic and doubt Ill ever go back to any other feeding.
what he said

My personnel flushing recipe is 1tbs of blackberry or orange honey, 1tbs organic brown sugar, 1tbs molasses, and 1 tbs of dark Karo corn syrup, per gallon of water. Flush once a day last four days before harvest. Feeds the plant the sugars it usually has to make by itself in order to break down chloryphyl after harvesting. (makes your bud taste better, and cure faster.)

My personnel flushing recipe is 1tbs of blackberry or orange honey, 1tbs organic brown sugar, 1tbs molasses, and 1 tbs of dark Karo corn syrup, per gallon of water. Flush once a day last four days before harvest. Feeds the plant the sugars it usually has to make by itself in order to break down chloryphyl after harvesting. (makes your bud taste better, and cure faster.)
Thats no flush! And yes feeding sugars is a good thing to do but not the last four days but during the entire flowering period every 7-10 days. The molasses has things in it like Calcium,Iron,Magnesium and Copper as well as Vitamin A,C and B6. The mixture per gallon however is good but could be too strong for some strains that are sensitive to feeding. You might want to change the honey, brown sugar, corn syrup to just pure Maple syrup only a tbs. And a fresh squeezed orange to adjust your ph.

Recipe 1 gallon fresh clean water
3/4 to 1 tbs 100% natural cooking molasses derived from cane sugar
3/4 to 1 tbs pure Maple syrup or non pasteurized honey
1-2 sweet Sunkist orange ( taste it to determine sweet factor) a lemon or grapefruit will do your choice

I don't always add the molasses, it is just another natural sugar. It can be used as a food, there is a dutch nutes co. that uses it as it's base, but it must be fermented. Using it in the way i described only adds some trace minerals that help the sugar break-down process of the plants roots. This makes it easier for the plants to absorb the other natural sugars that do the real work, the honey(mostly for flavor), the corn syrup(sucralose or corn sugar), and the pure cane sugar as a substitute for fructose (fruit sugar) Those are the main ingredients in Clearex, fructose and sucralose. They recommend flushing every day for the last 7-10 days. Myself, however belive that the extra sugars and minerals i give in my quick flush reduce this time to 4 days. 5 for good measure. This is a successful recipe that was taught to me by a well respected elder and proven by the superb flavor of the countless harvests i and many have smoked that were flushed this way.
Maple syrup contains: Calcium, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Seleinium, Sodium, and zinc. Far more minerals and foods than molasses. And also in higher concentrations. But, I like your idea on the natural citrus jucies to balance your PH. I used to fresh squeeze it but then i found "Organic Concentrated Citrus" at my local Health Food Store.

Clearex site recommends using clearex the last couple of days or so. Not the last 7 to 10 days. Here's the excerpt from their site...

Pre-Harvest Treatment (Soil or Soilless)
Discontinue fertilizer regime 2 –3 days before harvest. Use 1 to 2 tablespoons (15 –30 ml) of CLEAREX ™ per gallon of water. Water as needed.

Maple syrup contains: Calcium, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium, Seleinium, Sodium, and zinc. Far more minerals and foods than molasses. And also in higher concentrations.
I was only referring to the flush aspect of said use. I did not relize that you knew of the concentrations that were in molasses and wanted to make sure that others understood what ingredients existed. The Maple syrup suggestion was only to help anybody who has tried to mix honey or corn syrup with room temp water. And the recipe was for others to use who would like to try it as I too believe in the use of molasses and surgars.

my mix is a little less natural i use molasses and powdered citric acid from whole food coop

the citric acid is a catalyst and some organic feeders use it as as sticking agent to improve nutrient uptake your OJ grapefruit or lemon juice adds it to your mixtures in addition to the PH benefits

never used a flushing agent befor, but you should ALWAYS adjust the ph of ANY H2O you give your plants. Your flushing plenty, unless your feeding too heavy. I flush once a month or when the plants\solution seem to need it. good luck
I have heard that rain water should be be PhD since it adjusts to the ph in your soil. Have you heard of this before?

Back
Top Bottom