Forbid

Just because it is made from mold does not mean that it is bad or evil or should be avoided.
You're right - that's not enough.
BUT, when the state health department and the cannabis control agencies of a state declare that it is A CARCINOGEN and that any more than ZERO parts per million tested is enough to fail the whole batch ... maybe THAT'S enough to clue you in to the fact that if you use this in food producing plants you are poisoning yourself and others.
I don't think it's even legal to buy or sell in California.

Well I can agree with that - Cali can’t get much right.
But the reason for the ban is that it is poisonous to humans. It is for ornamental plants only.

It's not on the Colorado list of usable pesticides for cannabis. Meaning its not on the list it cant be used on the plants. There's a reason, likely its toxic to hoo-man to ignite and breath in..... OR it hasn't been tested yet. I wood err on the side of caution and not use it. There are other pesticides (biological) that are used and ok for cannabis and more importantly ok for hoo-man.

Yeast is how they make citric acid I'm thinking.
Citric acid is found in citrus fruits like oranges, lemons and grapefruit so they must have some way to extract it in the amounts needed. Supermarkets and drugstores will have citric acid in small jars. Some home canners will use it when canning some foods.

One of these days I should call or write them to find out why it lists yeast in the inert ingredients.

From NCBI:

" Citric acid naturally exists in fruits and vegetables. However, it is not the naturally occurring citric acid, but the manufactured citric acid (MCA) that is used extensively as a food and beverage additive. Approximately 99% of the world’s production of MCA is carried out using the fungus Aspergillus niger since 1919. Aspergilus niger is a known allergen."

The other 1% they extract using various strains of yeast with different input media.

The funny part about looking this one up, its being used extensively in food products but has never been put thru testing by our FDA. Which for me in discomforting at best. Kinda reminds me a lot of how the FDA treated round-up and its friends.

And people are getting sick - go figure:

" The FDA placed MCA under the category of GRAS without any research to substantiate this claim. In 2016, 2.3 million tons of MCA were produced, predominantly in China, and approximately 70% is used as a food or beverage additive. There have been no scientific studies performed to evaluate the safety of MCA when ingested in substantial amounts and with chronic exposure. "

FDA - Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS)

This was the same category they put round-up in without any testing... ooops.

From NCBI:

" Citric acid naturally exists in fruits and vegetables. However, it is not the naturally occurring citric acid, but the manufactured citric acid (MCA) that is used extensively as a food and beverage additive. Approximately 99% of the world’s production of MCA is carried out using the fungus Aspergillus niger since 1919. Aspergilus niger is a known allergen."

The other 1% they extract using various strains of yeast with different input media.

The funny part about looking this one up, its being used extensively in food products but has never been put thru testing by our FDA. Which for me in discomforting at best. Kinda reminds me a lot of how the FDA treated round-up and its friends.

And people are getting sick - go figure:

" The FDA placed MCA under the category of GRAS without any research to substantiate this claim. In 2016, 2.3 million tons of MCA were produced, predominantly in China, and approximately 70% is used as a food or beverage additive. There have been no scientific studies performed to evaluate the safety of MCA when ingested in substantial amounts and with chronic exposure. "

FDA - Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS)

This was the same category they put round-up in without any testing... ooops.
Good read. You have gotten further along than I have. Thank you for the research.

stumbled into that one. Sheesh why cant the FDA do research? They get a shit ton of tax money. Billions of tax money. You'd think something that's in almost everything we eat sold at the store, they'd do testing?? I don't get it.

Back
Top Bottom