Found #$&% male, pollination question

NorCAKnowYourGrow

Under the impression I planted all females....but clearly one seed I got was NOT. ARGH. Not happy but thankful I noticed early on.

I'm only in my second year of growing and I've never had this happen...a surprise male. Having a hard time figuring out whether I'm safe with the rest of the plants. They are all different strains (not a one the same) so they are all in different parts of their own unique growth.

Question:
Every girl but one has zero signs of flowering...no pistils, everything looks like veg only.

Safe on all but that one?

Second question:
I've read that if you can pull off the pollinated parts (the bracts?) early on you can still get good bud without the friggin' seeds....true???

Some females will produce pollen sacs early, sometimes these early sacs are all you’ll see. Some will continue pumping out sacs. The early ones tend to not be a problem. The persistent ones I would cull.

Some females will produce pollen sacs early, sometimes these early sacs are all you’ll see. Some will continue pumping out sacs. The early ones tend to not be a problem. The persistent ones I would cull.

Thanks pennywise. This seems a super stupid question but when it comes to bud....I'm never surprised with answers I get.

The pollinated girls aren't an issue to my unpollinated girls.....correct? Forgive my stupidity....

If the other plants are fully in veg state they're safe....I need pistils for pollination, correct?

Yes you’ll need pistils before the females can be pollinated. Remember that water will kill pollen so maybe spray them with water right before the lights go out.

Yes you’ll need pistils before the females can be pollinated. Remember that water will kill pollen so maybe spray them with water right before the lights go out.

I didn't know that....I'll give them a little spray tonight. I have an outdoor grow....so I'm not going "lights out" until I see them clearly getting into flowering and they're at a good place to slow the veg.

Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom