Can 2 males, each a different strain, pollinate 1 female, also a dif. strain?

luvsmokinweed

Is it possible to cross three different strains in on breed? Can two males pollinate one female and will the seeds be a cross of all three different strains in one?

If you wish to do what you are asking it will require two steps.

Pollinate with one male, take those seeds grow that seed then pollinate that plant with other male.

Or (imo slightly better method as you can have more options in breeding partners) Pollinate one cola with one male, pollinate another cola with other male. Then grow those seeds out and select the best male and best female in each new strain, which leaves you with 4 plants, 2 from each new strain a male and a female. You will cross male of strain A to female of strain B and female of strain A to male of strain B. This will in turn leave you with 2 different versions of the same original grandparents.

Later you can grow out those two strains which had the same grandparents then pic the best from each and breed them together. This if done correctly should be able to keep the lineage intact, but create a healthier more vibrant. Great grandchild which has the same original great grandparents.

If you wish to do what you are asking it will require two steps.

Pollinate with one male, take those seeds grow that seed then pollinate that plant with other male.

Or (imo slightly better method as you can have more options in breeding partners) Pollinate one cola with one male, pollinate another cola with other male. Then grow those seeds out and select the best male and best female in each new strain, which leaves you with 4 plants, 2 from each new strain a male and a female. You will cross male of strain A to female of strain B and female of strain A to male of strain B. This will in turn leave you with 2 different versions of the same original grandparents....

Thats the type of answer i was hoping for! I think i will do this to see if i can create a new super strain!! :)

keep a few things in mind when breeding.

Just like anything be it animals, plants, humans w/e. If the same two parents have multiple babies each baby will be a bit or maybe a lot different. The baby will have taken of course its traits mostly from its mother and father, with a few being from its grandparents.

We can't really choose which traits it gets from where, nature does that. But from all the children we can of course select the one with the best traits closest to what we wanted and breed those, which in turn will hopefully give a child with even more of those great traits and less of the none ideal ones.

Combining plants unselectively will have a very low probability to produce significantly superior offspring.

I got a question "Jimmycricket". so grafting is not even close to the same sort of combing the 2 then breading, then combing again after those produce seeds? or is it sorta the same?

Also i thought the reason we refine a strain was to select certain traits we like and keep them going. i mean I know we can not reach in and rearange the dna chain, or maybe they can I do not know. Where does your statement about nature selecting that for us come from?
trying to understand...

grafting is just taking a different plant and hooking it into another so it survives.

like if you have 2 apple trees. one is grannie smith apples the other fuji apples. then you cutt of a grannie smith branch and graft it to the fuji. That branch is still a grannie smith even though its growing on a fuji tree. So your fruit from that branch will be grannie smiths and the rest of that tree would be fujis.

Grafting weed works the same. If I graft a cola of AK-47 to a white widow, that branch will still be a ak-47 nug. It will taste look and have same potency of the ak-47. It will not become a mix of the two.

As for 2nd question:

Yes that is exactly what you try to do when breeding. In a simplistic way to look at it, lets say I got some Chemdawg. Its Ultra potent, but maybe the flavor could be slightly better, or maybe i want it to have a more sativa like high. Then lets say I just love Blueberries. So I take some DJ short blueberry and breed it with the Chem D. Then I take all those seeds and grow them picking out the ones that seemed to keep the potency or even increase the potency but now have a much stronger blueberry taste and smell.

Then I would breed that on itself until all the seeds came out relatively the same (its stable now). At which point I would bring in something with a way more sativa like high say Jack herrer and breed the chemdawg/blueberry cross with the jack herrer. Then take those seeds, find which ones most kept those traits i desired and breed them upon themselves until all new seeds come out more or less the same.

In the end you have a stable seed which has traits of all 3 strains.

Kaaaaacheeewwwaaa. that's what I'm talking bout. mad props to you. thanks for that there answer.Finally a language I speak or maybe i am beginning to understand is a better way to say it.Thanks! hey there is a new grower looking for info in the forms maybe you could look in on him. he is looking for info about his time to first trim i think is how he said it. He is"purprookie" i do not wanna steer him wrong.

Back
Top Bottom