Found seed in a bud from friend

Terpygenetics

Ok so I found 2 seeds in one nug in a qr of gelato a friend gave to me. The bud was beautiful but smelled like mids. It was deff gelato. But the question is was this a hermaphrodite? Should I chance putting her next to my other regular seedlings”not feminized”?

Idk if this helps but you can see the other seed in the bottom right nug in the grinder
B20978FA-AEB9-4C8D-86FF-33F2157FCF0E.png

Hi terpy,
Did your friend grow it?
There's a few reasons a bud can have seeds in it. It could have been pollinated by a male and be great. Could have just been the odd nanner, which is quite common.
If it's the only seeds you've got, then yeah grow it, but just keep an eye on it.

If you are already gonna be watching for sex characteristics, what is the risk in growing it out?
It’s my first grow I just read somewhere that hermaphrodites could show signs of both sex late and just didn’t want to chance it. But I guess I’ll just keep her up front and keep a eye on her

It’s my first grow I just read somewhere that hermaphrodites could show signs of both sex late and just didn’t want to chance it. But I guess I’ll just keep her up front and keep a eye on her
Honestly, thinking about it, I believe it is a good thing to always keep an eye out for sex characteristics. Any plant can go hermie at any time. Yes, some things make it more or less likely - but the habit of just glancing into those spaces regularly is a good one imo.

Well if its a male or a female or a he/she there's nothing to worry about for at least 30 days. Thats the length of time plants take to mature sexually. So you got a lotta time to worry about it.

You really have no idea weather its been self pollinated unless you grew it out and there were no males in the room. Also could have been another female plant in the room that pollinated that plant.... or there was a male around... or the grower had pollen on his clothes... so many ways to get seeds.

For your first grow best to concentrate on getting your gear and soil figured out why your seedlings are growing. You can start the seedlings under a desk lamp with an LED in it and it doesn't have to be very powerful either. So you got like 2-3 weeks under a desk lamp to get gear up and running with soil. And another 2-3 weeks to even be able to see sex if yer lucky and know what you're looking for.

GL... Gelato really does have a nice unique smell so not sure when you say smells like mids ... What do mids smell like?

That all said Gelato is a strain from a cookies (girl scout cookies) variant. They are known to herm and not that easy to grow. They get finicky and then stressed then herm.

But the weed should be good.

If kept in a cool dark dry place the seeds will last up to 4 years. If you want to plant the sucker just keep an eye on it, if you want to wait, go that too, no rush.

Back
Top Bottom