Feminized Seeds or Regular Seeds

Should I get Feminized Seeds or Regular Seeds?

• Total voters
I have only bought Fem seeds from the dr's site and wouldn't even think of taking that sort of risk for a couple dudes to pop up. This has allowed me to keep a mother plant for 4 months and then flower her and start over again. I can get 24 clones from her and then flower her. It cost me $60 for (5) Arjans Haze #3 and I still have 2 beans left and about 25k in my pocket from that small amount of paper. Don' think about the initial investment because it does not compare to the end result. Whether for personal or retail the cost is not a bad investment. Spend $60-$150 for good genetics or buy $60 on an 1/8 and hope to get a seed :Rasta: If I planned on breeding then I would go with regular seed or if it was not available as Feminized , but why even waste my time on males? Time is money and I sure as hell am not going to waste any cheddar on a bunch of dudes....:loopy:

^I agree. The better a plant is grown, the better chance for a higher ratio of girls.

Proof positive here :cheesygrinsmiley:
Got sbg/sat males poppin' out now,
yeah and the girls are showin' sex too,
they have been in 24/0, 1gal. pots for 2-4 months and only enough food to keep them alive, got too Dry once or twice.
Males are showin' and blowin' in less than 5 weeks.
Good thang is, They are males and not hermies :cheesygrinsmiley:

What had been a 90/10 female/male ration has shot up to 50/50.

Personally I am glad to have used bag seed and not payed anything for my first seeds. Although I was knowledgeable of cannabis and the way it grows I still made mistakes that in my own opinion would have been a waste on seeds that I payed for, feminized or not. It would have been a waste of good genetics because of the mistakes I made. From my experience I would suggest using some seeds you found rather than purchasing them, get one under your belt and then spend money on seeds. The information gained from your first grow will be greater than all the reading you could ever do. Also, feminized seeds are good but I have heard if you have both feminized and regular seeds of the same strain and grow them side by side and smoke them side by side the regular seeds are better smoke. Whether this is true or not I don't know, I have never grown feminized seeds myself, but it made sense to me considering there is some augmentation to the plants genetics either by hormone treatment or light stress to create hermaphrodite plants and breed feminized seeds. I don't like eating meat that is treated with hormones little own growing pot that is treated with hormones. Once again for some one like myself who tries to keep my life as clean and natural as I think regular seeds are the way to go.

Have you thought about using clones, and not messing with germination at all?

||I AGREE WITH HIM^||If I was broke like you and didn't feel like going through shii.. Ill just go with the regular seeds cause u can grow how many not givin a damn.. Then next time you grow u get the Feminized seeds because you know sup then....

If your learning it is best to use regular seeds, you then gain fruitful knowledge on how to sex plants and you can even customize your own personal hybrid of smoke! also I have found that feminized seeds that I had grown and experimented with some had several male flowers which ended up being Hermaphro's and then you get a seeded crop rather than seed free bud better known as sensi (NO SEEDS). But everyone is entitled to do what they can afford. I just think it's a big waste of money if you already kinda have the knowledge of growing, but thats just my personal opinion!

BBD

i went with feminized. its easyer. you dont have to waste your time and nuterients and lights on males. you can save the seeds for later. or make a mother and take clones. some people sell 5 seed batches of female seeds.

that's for sure the best way to start.

:bong:

If I could afford it I'd buy feminized seeds, but I know if I have to buy regular seeds I can take clones from the female and get my money's worth anyway.

I've just ordered lowryder seeds and am hoping for a least one male to mate one of the females for future grows. Just think, eventually you could have your own personal seed bank . . . sorta like a nice wine cellar.

I was just thinking this the other day! Great Idea!

If I could afford it I'd buy feminized seeds, but I know if I have to buy regular seeds I can take clones from the female and get my money's worth anyway.
Not if your growing a autoflowering strain. You can't clone a autoflowering strain worth a crap as they flower due to age and clones are the same age as the plants they are taken from.

hm, i'd like to know, as im sure a few others would too, as to which ones are autoflowering strains? and is this a natural genetic trait or is it something that is more induced during the original plant that produced the seeds? sorry if there are any other threads on this, just delete and send me a pm and let me know.

i would buy some feminized seeds that is gonna grow some real good kronic but if you just want some alright weed just get the ones that you can get for free

I agree with Kregel187 and 420 you will never need to buy again if you buyregular and later when your thumb gets greener you can make feminized seed fromthe seed from past generations you have breed anyways hope this helps talk to damagoman whenit comes to breed fem seeds if i remember corectly. hope this helps

I like to think I wouldn't be wasting time on males. Takes most of the guesswork out of it and makes the grow more productive.

:smokin:

Drop the chemicals !!!
and back away from the plants, sir!!!

Just treat 'em bad, just enough water, food and light to keep them alive,
let them hermie and collect the pollen.
Hope you took some clones cuz' now you want to pollinate them.

Maybe it's just MyStrains :cheesygrinsmiley:
but even Hermie seed, self pollinated off the hermie, never real through more hermies for me.

Cees is the Master
No Mercy Supply - 420 Magazine

I've always stuck with regular seeds. That way, I was forced to learn to sex plants by viewing preflowers. Also it allows you to make your own seeds, always a good skill.

Good thinking! At first you should try to do it the regular seeds that way like 420oclock says its a good learning method i also agree with femenized seeds but i wont try that until later +Rep

Back
Top Bottom